Author Topic: UC Santa Barbara  (Read 391 times)

MANBEARPIG.

UC Santa Barbara
« on: July 22, 2005, 03:46:52 PM »
So I may be transferring to UCSB and I was wondering if anyone here has been to the school or knows anything about it, I think Justin went there right? how is it man?

-KIDRENEGADE-

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: UC Santa Barbara
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 04:15:23 PM »
I didn't go there, but I've been there.

Awesome!

You just gotta be good at staying focused and disciplined... lots of distractions, but a great school.

Props.

8)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 04:15:47 PM »
i go to UCSB as well, i'm a sophomore. All i gotta say is, it's paradise on earth. BEST place a young person can be, at least on the westcoast. There's a fuckin beach ON campus, like 3 minutes walking distance from the dorms. There's a college town called I.V. that's adjacent to the campus and has its' own beach. The girls are hot, and overall there's a really tight chill atmosphere of freedom and there's hardly any problems between people. The professors are pretty good. UCSB has the highest number of Nobel Prize winning professors on the westcoast - 14. Most of the professors are pretty liberal and cool to talk to, but the classes tend to be kinda huge, especially lower division.. Anyway man, you won't regret transferring there, take my word
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 04:18:50 PM »
damn dude, where are you from originally?

UCSB is like the best place ever. its like a privelege to come here. its more like vacation school kind of hahaha. campus right by the ocean, isla vista crazy ass party scene, down side is not much student diversity mostly white, uhm... i dunno.. most people complain about being bored at their college. but ucsb is like never boring. halloween is fucking nuts, then theres the annual fight nights, a bunch of concerts every year. good campus. i dunno man u should come and take a college tour or just visit the area. just having the ocean like right next to you changes the whole atmosphere, just makes everyone want to have fun.
fuck davis (cow country), santa cruz (kinda wack), riverside (middle of nowhere, no fun), san diego (hella boring),
berekely and La are cool if u can get in. but in terms of environment and atmosphere, UCSB is like 180 degrees different than the other campuses. like my other friends that went to UCs when they come to SB, theyre like amazed at our party scene. like they dont comprehend it. and pretty much everyone loves it here.
suffice goes here too..

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 06:34:56 PM »
Suffice:  aight man sounds good I'ma hit you up on myspace to get some details

Justin:   I live down here in San Diego and i wanna get out, Ive done everything there is here for a minor haha but UCSB sounds really good right now!

-KIDRENEGADE-

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 12:24:12 AM »
how are you gonna find me? I guess you can find me in mauzip's group if you serch for it under "Groups"

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 12:25:55 AM »
ima go to UCVC the University of Valley College

We Fly High

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 12:43:17 AM »
i transferred here after two years too, so my college experience got cut short. i wish i coulda spent some more time in Isla vista like living right next to the ocean and shit. but i gotta leave hella soon already, it didnt even feel like i spent any time here at all.. but yup move out date is soon. o well time to a better place. venice beach.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 05:26:01 PM »
how are you gonna find me? I guess you can find me in mauzip's group if you serch for it under "Groups"

I've had you as a friend for a hot one.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 05:39:11 PM »
Lucky ass niggas. I'm stuck in smog covered CSUN
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 05:42:39 PM »

fuck davis (cow country), santa cruz (kinda wack), riverside (middle of nowhere, no fun), san diego (hella boring),
berekely and La are cool if u can get in. but in terms of environment and atmosphere, UCSB is like 180 degrees different than the other campuses. like my other friends that went to UCs when they come to SB, theyre like amazed at our party scene. like they dont comprehend it. and pretty much everyone loves it here.
suffice goes here too..

that's a retarded thing to say....how the fuck you gonna talk shit about the other campus' when u didn't go there. i graduated from uc santa cruz and had one helluva time. my cousin goes to ucsd and is having one helluva time. just because u know nothing about it doesn't mean u gotta talk shit about it. i've been to ucsb a few times as my best friend went to school down there and had a great time. but i wouldn't have traded my santa cruz experience for anything in the world....
i'm surprised that u of all people would go talkin shit like that about something u have no idea about, considering u seem to be a very fair dude.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 05:49:30 PM »
UCLA ownz UCSB

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 06:37:20 PM »

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 06:39:15 PM »
UCLA ownz UCSB
UCSB owns your life

Wow... that was so clever. Anyways, UCLA is way better than UCSB... only thing y'all got is more people testing positive for HIV.

We Fly High

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 07:47:26 PM »

suffice goes here too..

that's a retarded thing to say....how the fuck you gonna talk shit about the other campus' when u didn't go there. i graduated from uc santa cruz and had one helluva time. my cousin goes to ucsd and is having one helluva time. just because u know nothing about it doesn't mean u gotta talk shit about it. i've been to ucsb a few times as my best friend went to school down there and had a great time. but i wouldn't have traded my santa cruz experience for anything in the world....
i'm surprised that u of all people would go talkin shit like that about something u have no idea about, considering u seem to be a very fair dude.

alright imma admit it was stupid to say to generalize like that. but chill out i wasnt trying to offend anyone. i'm goign to say from experience though that davis and riverside are wack. i have tons of friends that go to davis, because that happens to be the UC closest to my hometown. and its pretty general consensus among them that davis is wack. at least the area, im not knocking the education or nothing, but purely in terms of atmosphere and just the college scene, its pretty dead., its dead in the middle of nowhere in cow country, smells like cow, the hottest summers and the coldest winters. i've been there plenty of times myself, and i always wake up in the middle of the night when im there, and just think to myself, this is the worst place ever, even if i wanted to go somewhere i cant cos im just straight up in the middle of nowhere. all my friends there say the place is so depressing and the only thing to do there is pretty much chill in the house either cos its raining, too hot outside, or just nothing to do in general. the best thing to do there is drive one hour to go to frisco, or a couple hours to go snowboarding, or go to sactown.

Riverside pretty much the same situation applies. general consensus is that it sucks balls. once again summer heat is incredible. its in the middle of nowhere, in desert. nothing to do around there. not even a decent mall to my knowledge.

and the only reason i said uc santa cruz was kinda wack was because the entry standards are not as up to par as the other UCs. its still a great school, but Riverside and santa cruz probably have the lightest entry requirements of all the UC's by far. UC's have picked up that new guideline, that states that if u have sufficient qualifications to get into a UC, u will get into one, but probably not your top choice. and most people that qualify through that way head to santa cruz or riverside. but please do not take this wrong way, i am not saying that either of us are smarter than the other.

i dont have a legitimate reason to say whatever i said about uc san diego. ive been to teh campus its a great campus great education, and i dont have colleg experience there.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 08:08:46 PM by justin.dubcnn »