Author Topic: u think the west is pitiful now?!? imagine if dre.  (Read 314 times)

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
u think the west is pitiful now?!? imagine if dre.
« on: June 21, 2002, 11:19:20 AM »
was never born......

I'VE TAKEN THIS FROM THE "SOHH" BOARD, WHAT DO U ALL THINK. AGREE OR DISAGREE.....(so don't hate me.. :D)

yall should thank god every single morning when u wake up west coasters cuz imagine how wack yall would be if dre never came around

west coast eras of prominence on the mainstream level were the NWA era followed by the death row era

both of them Dre created

imagine the west coast without

no snoop
no eminem(if he counts)
no kurupt
no daz
no nate dog
no warren G
no NWA

all yall would have would be pac

oh my god ...thank god dres carrying the entire coast on his back now..

yall should be very thankful that this genius of a musician is from the west

thats all...... no more west is better than east threads... because the west is basically dr dre and co. and thats not enough to compete

Personaly i disagree BUT what do u all think.....

E. J. Rizo

Re: u think the west is pitiful now?!? imagine if
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 11:23:15 AM »
WORD^^^^ thanks for the doctor!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Pillow

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 11:43:33 AM »
west coast rap is tite as fuck....i dont know why ppl say its dying and hate on it so much...i mean at least are rapers are real about there shit, and not like J-Z and all that BS, west coast rap is bound to take ova the east within the next 2 years, and especially when Pac returns in 03  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 11:48:03 AM »
we know its tight.. but the thing is....... west isnt 'bound' to do shit... people been saying this for years.

Dre came and took a big chunk of the pie with 2001 and of course EMINEM yeah he's not west coast but its part of Dre's legacy.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2002, 03:12:30 PM »
That fag Deeyo wrote that and he's the most anti-West idiot I've ever came across on the internet. There's more to the West Coast than just Dre associated rappers. MC Eiht, DJ Quik, King T, Tha Liks, Ice-T, Too $hort, E-40, Ras Kass, Brotha Lynch Hung, C-Bo and countless other tight rappers have dropped hot albums without any help from Dre. Dre carries the MAINSTREAM of the West Coast but who gives a fuck about sales. I love to see my West Coast rappers succeed and sell millions but if they don't I don't care as long as they bringin' tight albums. FUCK THAT HOE!

.:R-E-L:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R-E-L...comin w/ that punk rap!  
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2002, 03:22:34 PM »
u gotta realize...if dre was never born....some how, someone, was bouned to do something or create something like it....and carry on his own proteges!

so it really doesnt matter

p.s- they might have even been tighter  ;)
Straight Outta Muthafuckin So. Kaliforn-i-a
909 805 310 323 213 818 661 949 714 609 415 619 562

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2002, 03:36:28 PM »
That fag Deeyo wrote that and he's the most anti-West idiot I've ever came across on the internet. There's more to the West Coast than just Dre associated rappers. MC Eiht, DJ Quik, King T, Tha Liks, Ice-T, Too $hort, E-40, Ras Kass, Brotha Lynch Hung, C-Bo and countless other tight rappers have dropped hot albums without any help from Dre. Dre carries the MAINSTREAM of the West Coast but who gives a fuck about sales. I love to see my West Coast rappers succeed and sell millions but if they don't I don't care as long as they bringin' tight albums. FUCK THAT HOE!

THATS SOME REAL SHIT RIGHT THERE

what the fuck is this fucker talking bout if dre wasnt born....man dre made the west commercial...ice-t paved the way for the west....mixmaster spade, king tee, mc eiht, above the law(theyre production wouldve got them somewhere without dre either way), kokane(he was going somewhere even without ruthless), 220, dj quik, hi-c, toddy tee, scc, rbl, too short, e-40, ant banks, spice-1 and many others carried the underground for years....even without dre the west would be strong....and now u got the people who wcv listed with xzibit(he was tighter before dre repped with him), luniz, jayo, suga free, lunisicc and tons more that are doing real good without a dre affiliation....so fuck wat that foo has to say...btw 213 had a pretty tight demo tape...it couldve got them a deal...so even without dre they couldve went somewhere....

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2002, 09:26:27 PM »
west coast rap is tite as fuck....i dont know why ppl say its dying and hate on it so much...i mean at least are rapers are real about there shit, and not like J-Z and all that BS, west coast rap is bound to take ova the east within the next 2 years, and especially when Pac returns in 03  ;D

westside!!!!

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2002, 09:56:28 PM »
YEAH WHAT JORDAN WAS NEVER BORN, WHAT IF O.J WAS NEVER BORN, WHAT IF PREMO WAS NEVER BORN, WHAT IF NAS WAS NEVER BORN, WHAT IF MY DICK WAS IN YO MOUTH, WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT A "WHAT IF" DRE WAS BORN AND THE WEST IS TIGHT.  DRE PUT A LOT OF PEOPLE ON BUT HE ONLY MAKES AN ALBUM EVERY 5 YEARS, AND NOW HE'S JUST ANOTHER PRODUCER, WHAT WAS THE LAST HIT DRE HAD? DRE DOESNT WRITE RHYMES, DRE DOESNT DO HOOKS, DRE DOESNT DO ANYTHING BUT MAKE THE BEATS.  NOTHING AGAINST DRE I THINK HE IS THE GREATEST PRODUCER OF ALL TIME BUT THE WEST IS FAR GREATER DRE.  TUPAC SOLD 6 MILLION ALBUMS AND DRE ONLY PRODUCED 2 SONGS. WARREN G SOLD 3 MILLION RECORDS AND DRE PRODUCED 0 TRACKS.  THE ONLY REASON THE EAST SELLS MORE RECORDS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE POPPY AND SHIT.  THE WEST COAST ONLY PUTS OUT HARD CORE SHIT, REAL SHIT.  WE KEEP IT GANGSTA ALL THE TIZZME.  YOU WON'T NEVER HEAR DAZ TALKING ABOUT "D TO THE IZZA, A TO IZZZ"  
IF DAZ SIGNED TO A MAJOR LABEL AND THROUGH JA RULE ON A SONG FOR A SINGLE AND HAD IRV GOTTI PRODUCE IT, THAN HAD FABOLOUS OVER A TIMBALAND BEAT HE WOULD BE PLATINUM TOO.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2002, 10:03:48 PM »

Thats exactly what i was about to type. I agree, there's not only the dre affilated artists, There's ras kass, tha liks etc. and heaps of talented underground artists.

Funkadelic

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2002, 12:27:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure that the west-coast would almost be the same. Dre is very overrated. There thousands of better rappers and producers out there.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2002, 12:30:03 AM »

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2002, 01:28:16 AM »

Thats how I feel. I mean I love Dre, I consider him the G.O.A.T (producer) and I appreciate everything he's done for the west over the years, but there's more to the west than just Dre affiliated artists, like the artists you mentioned, and more. But people who don't look beyond mainstream artists don't seem to know or even care for the type of rappers/MC's you listed, which is fucked up because half the non-mainstream artists from the west are tighter than the commercially successful artists that are popping up nowadays.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2002, 05:57:13 AM »
that guy Deeyo is a  fag, i love fuckin wit his head
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2002, 06:14:24 AM »
personally i think that if it waswn'T dre, it would have been someone else.. dre was the choosen one but it could have been someone else to
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-