Author Topic: WWE Claims Matt Hardy Has Not Signed Return Deal  (Read 95 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
WWE Claims Matt Hardy Has Not Signed Return Deal
« on: July 24, 2005, 03:19:32 PM »
WWE Claims Matt Hardy Has Not Signed Return Deal
www.24wrestling.com

A new article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette covers the Matt Hardy/WWE saga. One interesting note, however, is that WWE's Gary Davis insists that the company has not re-signed Matt Hardy.

The article wrote, "WWE spokesman Gary Davis said Hardy is not under contract with the company, playing down speculation that the affair would continue to be exploited on WWE television shows."

Keeping consistent with past actions from WWE, Davis refused to offer a reason for Matt Hardy's original release from the company.

"At the time we released Matt, we didn't give a reason. We're not going to say anything now, other than we wish him well," Davis said.

TNA star AJ Styles was also quoted in the article; he dismissed the possibility that Matt Hardy's storyline with WWE is a work.

"But if the whole thing was a work, Matt wouldn't be taking all these independent bookings," Styles said

Sikotic™

Re: WWE Claims Matt Hardy Has Not Signed Return Deal
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 03:34:49 PM »
How dare they insult my intellegence.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 05:48:32 PM »
what happened this past week on raw? did hardy do anything?

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 07:48:04 PM »
what happened this past week on raw? did hardy do anything?

peace.

He came out of the crowd before the Edge vs Kane cage match. He got a couple shots on Edge, then got held back by sercurity then Edge kicked him in the face.

Matt Hardy said this week that he has signed a WWE deal & will be wrestlnig full time soon.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 07:48:38 PM »
The following was posted by Matt Hardy on "TheMattHardyShow.com" message boards earlier today.

"Hello my friends!

I only have a minute as my life and schedule is absolutely insane right now. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you for visiting The Matt Hardy Show message board. I plan on staying in close contact with everyone here, and keeping you up to date on what's going on in my life. It was the support and stance of you guys that led me back to appearing on the WWE programming. The people that signed petitions for me, called or e-mail the WWE, or chanted for me at WWE events worldwide drove me to return. Your voice was heard, your opinion mattered--and because you stood up for me and what was right, I had to seize the moment--on my terms. It's time for Matt Hardy to go "swim in the shark tank" once again. This time, I won't be stopped, and I will not die. It's US versus Them, and I'm glad you guys are on my side. I'll talk to you guys soon. Be well, and until then...

Matt

And - I just wanted to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed working for Ring Of Honor this past Saturday. The boys were great, the fans were great, and I am very much looking forward to my other dates with ROH. Just in case you guys haven't seen it, there is a free video about my ROH appearance on the home page of the site. Check it out. Don't forget to come check me out this Friday for Big Time Wrestling in California if you're in the area.

And 2 - If any of you guys watched Byte This this week, I heard they showed a picture and talked about Johnny Ace's eye getting busted open and swollen shut. Just for the record, that happened when I elbowed that sorry bastard as he was trying to throw me out of his WWE building Monday. Too bad I didn't get both of his eyes, maybe next time."