Author Topic: top 100 videogames according to IGN  (Read 936 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: top 100 videogames according to IGN
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2005, 07:14:48 AM »
They put Wave Race 64 higher than Super Mario World = the entire list is bullshit. 

Not really. The Mario that really matters will be top 10, maybe number 1. They can't put all the Mario games that basically just improved on the existing formula in the top 10. Wave Race is a little high for me because Jet Ski games aren't exactly HUGE because of it, but I get why it's higher than Mario World. Wave Race was something new, Mario World was something old done better.

Thank you Einstein.  Go back to your hole now with your shitty jetski game, keep telling yourself it's better than one of the most creative, fun games of all time: Super Mario World.  First sight of Yoshi; Totally new gameplay, totally innovative graphics, blah blah blah one of the greatest ever. 

I'm not even a Wave Race fan. I just get why they would put it there. Kind of like when they do top albums lists. People could realistically out 5 or 6 Beatles albums in the top 10 but they usually only put 1 or 2. It's called variety. Mario World was Mario 3, just a little longer and Yoshi. Mario 3 was basically Mario with a few things added here and there. The formula was the same and that is why the originator gets credit.

When they make a top 100 electronic inventions lists the original TV set will be very close to the top, while the colour TV may be a little lower and the far superior flat screen or plasma TV will be way up the list. Even though the plasma is superior to the original TV, it's nowhere near as important. The VCR will most likely out-do all the TV minus the orignal as well. This is the logic used when creating the top games list.

If it were up to you the list would be

10. Zelda

9. Zelda 2

8. Link to the Past

7. Mario 2

6. Mario World

5. Mario 3

4. Mario 64

3. Ocarina of Time

2. Mario Bros.

1. Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Do you see how odd that list would seem (minus the MJ joke)? Variety is the key, and so is importance to the industry. Once again, I don't even like Wave Race.

Thirteen

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2005, 08:07:50 AM »
Well at least they got Starcraft and Street Fighter II in it, but a top 100 without any form of Warcraft game or Diablo just doesnt feel right.

star craft was more popular than warcraft, in fact, the current war craft games (the RTS's) owe alot to star craft

and while diablo is a great game, it's been done bigger and better. Neverwinter Nights and Guild Wars, are similar games that leave diablo in the dust

Thirteen

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2005, 08:12:48 AM »
Looks like the top 10 are in;

10) Super Metroid

9) Star Wars: TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM

8.) Street Fighter II

7) StarCraft

6) Sid Meier's Pirates!

5) Super Mario 64

4) Sid Meier's Civilization II

3) Tetris

2) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

1) Super Mario Bros.

The only thing about this lost that pisses me off is no NES Zelda games made it (as far as I know). Virtua Fighter 2 should also be on the list somewhere.

Tie Fighter? Pirates?  Civilization II?  Not even top 100. 

you're not even a big game fan so i don't know why you're complaining. you only like certain games. you've admitted you hardly even play any games anymore

i don't have that broad of a music taste, it would be like me making the top 100 songs of all time... you'd see alot of rap on there and other garbage most people would laugh at.

this list encompasses alot of genres. sports, 2d adventure, 3d adventure, 3rd person, FPS, RTS, racing, flight sims, sims, RPG..... it's got something for everyone

plus these guys spend their whole life gaming, and for the most part i've never seen these people biased for or against a game (maybe that peice of shit Fable)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2005, 08:35:20 AM »
Super mario bros was a dope ass game, dunno if it was just me but was Super Mario 2 wack? i just didnt feel that game at all.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2005, 08:39:44 AM »
top 3 are awesome

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2005, 02:26:58 AM »
where's pro evolution...did halo make the list???

peace
ya halo was 30 but im disapointed that GTA SA wasnt on the list that game is a fuckin classic man tell me one other game where u can kill people in a drive by while bumpin tupac and hittin switches?

Thirteen

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2005, 08:20:51 AM »

peace
ya halo was 30 but im disapointed that GTA SA wasnt on the list that game is a fuckin classic man tell me one other game where u can kill people in a drive by while bumpin tupac and hittin switches?

GTA 3 on xbox with custom sound track

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2005, 08:51:27 AM »

peace

exactly

Streetfighter 2 <-------havn't played this in ages..great game
Starcraft <----still play it today!
Civ 2<---reason i aint going to university...still play it every now and then..if you don't think it doesn't deserve a spot..play it...Best game around for me..hours and hours of gettin your ass kicked by the computer
Tetris <---still play it
Supermario 64 <--------great fuckin game
 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time <--------^^^like above, dope ass game that took up a lot of my time
Super Mario Bros. <-------classic muthafucka!!!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

The Watcher

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2005, 09:31:55 PM »
mortal kombat II is better than most of the games in that top 10
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Acgrundy

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2005, 10:04:40 PM »
where is double dragon?  or NBA Jam?  or Final Fight?  SHINOBI!

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2005, 10:36:35 PM »
MARIO 64  8)

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2005, 10:42:36 PM »
I would like Symphony of the night higher up but the list seems a bit accurate, except for the lack of NES Zelda titles and I didnt see Jet Grind Radio on ther but I didnt look too well.  but damn Jet Grind Radio should at least be in bottom 50 very first cel-shaded game, one of the most original ideas in agame ever, just fuckin phenomenal :-*

-KIDRENEGADE-

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2005, 11:35:58 PM »

peace

wit an african american as the main character?  :P

Thirteen

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2005, 02:14:57 AM »

peace

wit an african american as the main character?  :P

he's sicilian

Thirteen

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2005, 10:17:17 AM »
whats this ICO game all about?

you play as this little boy and you help this magical girl through these levels, it's pretty much a puzzle game... i only played a little.

the graphics are very fluid, the gameplay is responsive, it's just not my kind of game