Author Topic: D.O.C. is on point about Snoop  (Read 1163 times)

Tito

Re: D.O.C. is on point about Snoop
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2002, 10:34:51 AM »
a picket fence around his crib?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2002, 10:39:46 AM »
who cares if tha DOC sucks now,  its about time some1 comes out an says snoop sucks now

But what good is his statement when he sucks also? I mean if he knows so much... his cd should be classic.

Regarding his singles for Tha Last Meal... I think he put out "What's My Name pt.2" as a "I'm Back" sort of thing. I mean... He probably felt "Tha Last Meal" was gonna be the closest thing to "Doggystyle" he's done so far. That's why he has the Cartoon cover... that's why he used one of his old school beats on "Ya'll Gonn Miss Me". He didnt really succeed though...

If the "Loosen Control" video really went down like BPG said.. than I believe he did that because he felt that song. I mean the melody in that song sounds like that's what Snoop likes. It was probably one of the songs he felt most and wanted to release it because of that.. no matter how many other people weren't gonna feel it. It's a simple thought.. and doesn't really sound right if you look at it at a Business point of view.. but I think that's how it was. Or also what Axle F said about tryna let Soopafly shine.

And lets not forget "Lay Low". That was a good song and a pretty good single. If he wanted his cd to flop.. why put out "Lay Low"?  This single also helps what Axle F was saying... he features Tha Eastsidaz on this song. He was tryna expose them to MTV and BET viewers. Could be tha same for "Loosen Control".

He was just gettin started with own record company... had to get his artist in the lime light somehow.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2002, 10:42:23 AM »

If he was the key, then he would be in Snoop's position... he would have a house on the hills looking over L.A. He would have 4 cars in his garage and a picket fence around his crib. If he was the key... people would recognize it and give him the props... If he was the key... he would be successful... If he was the key... he would be making tight music, which he's not... and In my opinion... if I were to compare Snoop to D.O.C. right now... Snoop would be the key... ten years ago, I would say D.O.C. However he handed the key over and he should think about what he says before he speaks. He has an opinion and I respect it. However I have one too, and even though no one will make news about what I say... I'll say... D.O.C. is whack now.

"Let your mind not be confused, if you can walk this walk, nigga take my shoes"  -Snoop Dogg (Go Away)

-Big BpG

um lets see,  he was fucked outta more money than snoop was.  His ruthless records contract was for a fuckin gold chain.  An secondly,  after his accident,   his voice aint exactly what a lot of people want to hear.  Now he is wack,  but to use that argument snoop has more is bull shit.  There a shitload of  rappers better than snoop is but dont have tha luxarys snoop has, so drop that whole argument right there.  An if snoop intended to put out crappy singles an alright albums instead of putting out tight singles an great albums to screw over suge,  it really shows what snoop thinks of his fans.

Alex_Wreck

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Wreccless Beats
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2002, 11:46:24 AM »
DOC is not saying that he can make a classic album, or even saying that it was solely him responsible for making the classics. He is only saying that back in the day, when Dre was working hard (on a single project), DOC was writin his ass off, and Snoop was focused on the flow, everything came together to make great music happen.

It is true that Snoop is a lazy mutherfucker nowadays, and no one gives a damn because they are doing the same thing.

MUSIC-WISE people; i dont want people to start trippin on me for calling Snoop a lazy person

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2002, 11:55:18 AM »
ThaFormula.com - What happened to that Snoop?

D.O.C. - Show business man. Once you make it to the top, it's very hard unless you got people around you like me who are gonna tell you when you suck. That's the key. I don't want this to sound fucked up man, but nigga I'm the key.

i think you missed an important statement here... maybe you haven't encountered people like this in your lives yet.. I don't know... but The DOC is pointing the finger at a specific type of person. 'The YES man', the people who are afraid to tell Snoop 'hey homie thats wack' ... if they tell him he's great all the time.. how the hell can he have quality control. Thats one thing that sets Dre ahead a lot of the time... he probably makes just as much wack stuff as anyone else.. be he's like a complete utter bitch when it comes to quality control and getting things 'just right' - and thats what people ultimately notice.

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2002, 01:08:10 PM »
I don't make beats and I don't really write raps for muthafuckas' no more, but I can tell you this. When it comes to making classic records, I was the key to that shit there.

That's right he WAS. But now he has to proof himself again before saying that snoop is wack nowadays. Snoop just went from "gangsta" to "pimpin". He changed his style. And all the people always saying he was dope on doggystyle but then he went wack, HE CHANGED HIS FUCKING STYLE.

Anyway i still like snoop, the old and the new, every album of him was tite, except "da game...", which wasn't a dissaster but it could have been better.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2002, 04:13:19 PM »
slick--so if they wanted whats my name 2 to flop why did they hire one of the highest priced producers in the game to lay the track? i think you're in a little denial brotha

he did more track with timbaland, maybe thats was one of the wackest so he put it out and keep the best for another dats, not because timbaland is a great producer that his beat are tight like 24/7
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2002, 04:18:13 PM »

so snoop has said he puts out shitty music so priortiy an suge dont make money or is this something u made up yourself to try an cover up for snoop

::), it's evident homeboy, and don't start hating cause i post one fuckin time man , if i would drop like 5-6 posts , you could have say that  i was covering his back, once again u need to stop hatin homeboy....
who cares if tha DOC sucks now
yeah , so u don't care about other artists but u have to hate on snoop ... that clearly aim your position in this case, u'z a hata and i ain't arguing with hataz. peace, have a nice day
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2002, 05:09:58 PM »
ThaFormula.com - What happened to that Snoop?

D.O.C. - Show business man. Once you make it to the top, it's very hard unless you got people around you like me who are gonna tell you when you suck. That's the key.

hahahaa....wow....he keepin it real. he speakin the truth man. alot of peeps on this board dont like it when somebody speaks the truth about snoop. there it is from d.o.c.'s mouth.
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2002, 05:22:09 PM »

::), it's evident homeboy, and don't start hating cause i post one fuckin time man , if i would drop like 5-6 posts , you could have say that  i was covering his back, once again u need to stop hatin homeboy....
yeah , so u don't care about other artists but u have to hate on snoop ... that clearly aim your position in this case, u'z a hata and i ain't arguing with hataz. peace, have a nice day

i guess hooked on phonics didnt work for you.  I have no clue what you said except im a hater an that you have a weird sexual obcession wit snoop.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2002, 05:51:58 PM »
snoop or the DOC aren't what they used to be
if the DOC was how he was during "no one could do it better" . he would be a good key factor to helping making a tight album and telling the artist if the songs are good or not
it sux when u see artists and how they aren't as good as they were.. and u go back listen to the old school classics lol.... now they are still cool but not like before

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2002, 05:56:05 PM »
to me i think snoop will never make another cd like "doggystyle" and think about this they still play songs from doggystle even 10 yearz from its release they still play it and how many songz do they play from his cdz now.i have heard and still hear at least every song from "doggystyle" on tha radio but all i hear iz from hiz new cd'z are his new songz and once they get old they never play them again. and he iz like ice t he goes from gangsta to pimpin and i like tha gangsta snoop  better but if hiz new cd iz too pimpin and not enough gangsta then i am switching my favrite rapper to Mobb Deep or mack 10 or tray deee but i will still be a fan of snoop. so think about it and if u hear on snoops new album his songs get played a year later then u know it iz a doggystyle. im out!!!

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2002, 06:47:04 PM »

If he was the key, then he would be in Snoop's position... he would have a house on the hills looking over L.A. He would have 4 cars in his garage and a picket fence around his crib. If he was the key... people would recognize it and give him the props... If he was the key... he would be successful... If he was the key... he would be making tight music, which he's not... and In my opinion... if I were to compare Snoop to D.O.C. right now... Snoop would be the key... ten years ago, I would say D.O.C. However he handed the key over and he should think about what he says before he speaks. He has an opinion and I respect it. However I have one too, and even though no one will make news about what I say... I'll say... D.O.C. is whack now.

"Let your mind not be confused, if you can walk this walk, nigga take my shoes"  -Snoop Dogg (Go Away)

-Big BpG

::)  mayn are you forgetting he had a lil car accident that took his voice away.. dont forget he was STILL blowing up when that accident happened...now that i think of it, if that accident didnt happen, snoop may not be on deathrow...think about it.. doc was dre's right hand man. he had the voice , the skills, delivery,etc.

how can you say if he was the key he would be successful. imagine if snoop lost his voice in a carr accident back in 94. how do you think his career would have turned out.

why do you say he should think before  he speaks? its the truth. do you know it was doc back then that coached snoop when he wrote his rhymes. it was doc that would say " nah, that aint tight snoop, say it like this.." dont be blind yall. just cuz somebody saying something you dont like about snoop, dont mean the person wrong for that
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

Tito

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2002, 06:55:21 PM »

I don't know... but The DOC is pointing the finger at a specific type of person. 'The YES man', the people who are afraid to tell Snoop 'hey homie thats wack' ... if they tell him he's great all the time.. how the hell can he have quality control. Thats one thing that sets Dre ahead a lot of the time... he probably makes just as much wack stuff as anyone else.. be he's like a complete utter bitch when it comes to quality control and getting things 'just right' - and thats what people ultimately notice.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2002, 08:00:32 PM »

i think you missed an important statement here... maybe you haven't encountered people like this in your lives yet.. I don't know... but The DOC is pointing the finger at a specific type of person. 'The YES man', the people who are afraid to tell Snoop 'hey homie thats wack' ... if they tell him he's great all the time.. how the hell can he have quality control. Thats one thing that sets Dre ahead a lot of the time... he probably makes just as much wack stuff as anyone else.. be he's like a complete utter bitch when it comes to quality control and getting things 'just right' - and thats what people ultimately notice.

Exactly