Author Topic: Dre beats that you feel were Detox quality  (Read 877 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Dre beats that you feel were Detox quality
« on: August 07, 2005, 02:09:50 AM »
Since Dre/Chronic 01 came out, what beats from Dre do you feel were solid enough to be on Detox, whether or not they were rumored to be beats that were going to be on Detox? I'd also say that you can list beats that may sound a BIT outdated at the time and don't sound like a 2005 Dre beat...but try not to list beats that sound exactly as if they were made during the Dre 2001 phase (B Please II, Kill you)

1. 50 - In da club
2. - 50 - Outta Control (original)
3. Game - Higher
4. Game - Start from scratch
5. Game - How we do
6. Xzibit - Lose ya mind
7. 50 - Outta Control (remix, IF Dre did do it)
8. Mary J - Family affair
9. Xzibit - Get yo walk on (co-produced by Battlecat)
10. Snoop n Dre - The Wash
11. Warren G - Lookin at you
12. Nate Dogg - Your wife
13. 50 - Back down
14. Eve and Mary - Not today
15. G-Unit - Poppin them thangs
16. The watcher 2 (sounds like a 2002'd out version of the original)
17. Jay-Z, Game, Dre - Nigga like me/Get yo money right
18. Obie Trice - Oh
19. Obie Trice - The set up
20. The Game - Don't worry

Personally, if Dre made an album that was 80% as good as these songs production wise but had the same consistency and sounded more advanced musically, it would easily be another classic.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dre beats that you feel were Detox quality
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 02:19:22 AM »
Dre had nothing to do wit Get Your Walk On,it was produced by both Mel-man & Battlecat.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 02:22:38 AM »
Dre had nothing to do wit Get Your Walk On,it was produced by both Mel-man & Battlecat.

Could be right then, I know Battlecat was on it but I thought it was Dre with him. My bad

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 05:15:43 AM »
The Game - Don't Worry
Obie Trice - Look Into My Eyes & Oh
D12 - American Psycho II

ABN

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 05:36:26 AM »
the Oh beat is one of the best beats i´ve heard in recent years and i never would´ve noticed how dope it really is if wasn´t for Mellowman coz i never paid any attention to the beat switching up like that.

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 05:46:28 AM »
Eminem - Ass Like That

Bomb-A®

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 06:50:21 AM »
^^ lol

Knoc - doin the most 8) (id expect better from detox but still just thought id throw it in there)

peace

IzUwitIt

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2005, 06:58:23 AM »
Knoc - doin the most 8) (id expect better from detox but still just thought id throw it in there)

that tracks called 'when it all comes down to it', and was produced by Battlecat :monkey_dance2:

Bomb-A®

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2005, 07:02:40 AM »
^^ wow battlecat keeps surprising me ;D

peace

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 07:12:16 AM »
the Oh beat is one of the best beats i´ve heard in recent years and i never would´ve noticed how dope it really is if wasn´t for Mellowman coz i never paid any attention to the beat switching up like that.

Yeah I never noticed it until then either. I'm always finding new things in Dre beats.

WestCoasta

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 11:20:58 AM »
1. 50 - In da club
2. 50 - Outta Control (original)
6. Xzibit - Losin ya mind
7. 50 - Outta Control (remix)
8. Mary J - Family affair
15. G-Unit - Poppin them thangs
19. Obie Trice - The Set Up

Eminem - Ass Like That
that beat is tight  8)

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 11:30:25 AM »
D12 Fight Music was pretty sick too.  I hear he has a computer full of beats and he probably has 20 secret ones stashed away.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2005, 11:53:25 AM »
The beat he used at the end of the Next Episode video to promote Up in Smoke was sick as fuck too.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2005, 11:57:22 AM »
Obie Trice - OH!

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 01:31:21 PM »
The four records he did for Obie Trice were on some new shit at the time.

Look In My Eyes had that string arrangement that one would assume sounds like a Detox beat. Shit Hits The Fan was probably the most "2001" sounding beat, but still dope. "The Setup" and "Oh!" were tracks that Dre pulled outta nowhere, like damn. "Oh" screams Detox because of the ill switch-ups during the verses. There's like 15 different layers on that beat.

The Dre tracks on Beg For Mercy and D12 World were more vintage Dre beats, still banging. Then, recently a few tracks came out that I think are on Detox-level quality.

"Westside Story" - sonically, the beat is underrated. It's simple as fuck, but the mixing sounds dope.

"How We Do" - remember the idea of Dre doing a beat that sounds real old fashioned, but polished up...like a late 80's, early 90's style...this beat is classic because it reunites Dre with 808's, and the melody itself is sick.

"Start From Scratch" - I'm convinced this beat was recorded for the Detox album. I recall a Scott Storch article where he talked about recording tracks with Dre and that it was coming out crazy. This song represents everything I'm expecting from the album. Epic production, incredible concepts and above average performance.

"Encore" - Again with the musical additions hitting at certain points. A more recent example of the club banger shit Dre is known for. Another cut I think was made with Detox in mind.

"Higher" - thumping beat, that showcases new directions with the drums and arrangements. This could've been a Detox instrumental.

"Outta Control" - same story with Higher, only this time it's more musicial. Just another crazy club track, keeping up with the thumping vibe developed with the other tracks.

If these are 'previews' or slight hints at direction for the album, we got something sick to look forward to.