Author Topic: Believe Half Of What You See&Hear.........  (Read 460 times)

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Believe Half Of What You See&Hear.........
« on: June 12, 2002, 12:49:28 PM »
Just a thought/question.........

Since folks are all happy-go-lucky that Danny Boy's name is on an outdated roster....
Could it be that..........

A. Since Suge owns masters and outtakes of all of Danny Boy's recordings, he's going to do a DPG2002 move and release an album of previously recorded material, which means that Danny Boy's not physically on the label, but releasing a record(s) J gives a label rights to claim that artists.

B. After listening and being in sessions (only as an "onlooker") with a legitimate singer/songwriter whose name is J. Valentine. Danny Boy is nowhere on his level and industry wise like a J. Valentine (who can get work either as a singer or song-writer and who gives a fuck if he wrote for N'SYNC? They are an established group and that looks better on a resume then singing back-up for Death Row artists) and DB is just another hook singer like Nate Dogg, let's not forget how slow his albums have sold.

C. The roster is not updated half the roster is no longer affiliated with the company (I wish I could say why, but it's really not my place, but there are some legitimate gripes about how the label is being ran).

D. When Tha Row's artists went to Power 106 here in LA very recently and the DJ was referring to "Tha Row Water" that has listing of all artists, why didn't he mention the re-signing of Danny Boy? I'm sure that would of been an interesting conversation, but there was no mention.

E. Then again, maybe Suge's "son" was in a position where money played a part in getting him out of one tax bracket into another and he has legitimately signed as an artist back to the label. If so, all power to him hopefully he can make a name for himself and not only be known for singing on other people's records.

And the West Coast doesn't need Tha Row, Ruthless Records, Loud Records, Sic Wit It, or any label to save the west, all it it needsit banging product that appeals to everyone and not just a segment of the population. Fools be reading to much into what Suge says in magazines.

No matter what Snoop, Dre and the rest of the old roster have gone on to do better things. I know for a fact that ATL have been getting alot more love from folks in the industry, once word got out that we are no longer affiliated with the label. It's sad, but true. A lot of folks in the industry (that make shit happen) are not feeling Suge on a level like I thought they should have when he was released last summer. But things have been happening in the streets that just isn't "kosher" for an artist. I really think that this will somehow hurt a great artist and brother like Crook, but hopefully he can weather the storm. I know that I'll be picking up a few copies of the labum when it drops...but there is so much shit that is going on at the label right now that is making Tha Row a liability and not an asset. This is a BUSINESS of music. You can make STREET music, but keep it BUSINESS. That's why Russell Simmons have made millions, even when groups on Russell's label like Public Enemy were refering to Caucasians "like the grafted devils they were" and were speaking out against the establishment that Most Caucasians hold dear, He has savvy, where those in power had to respect him and he was able to weather that storm and still make money, where labels like Tommy Boy/Warner Brothers had to drop acts like Paris, Almighty RSO, Live Squad, and Ice T, due to their reality-based lyrics.

There is a reason why Suge can't get major distribution anymore (at leastat this point in time). There is a reason why Antra and Tha Row are at odds over Kurupt (and the only ones that know are the ones who are/have been associated with the label, that's the only reason why I know things of this nature).....but all in all, all I'm saying is let's keep an open mind about some things.

I wish the best for Tha Row, but from an industry standard, right now, they can't be like they were in the early 90's, because they don't have the same competent STAFF, that actually made the label what it is as EQUALLY as the former artists did. That's why Death Row was so great.

www.abvdlaw.com is the address

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Believe Half Of What You See&Hear.........
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 02:58:30 PM »
Just a small correction here buddy , while your a very correct in most of the information you stated above eg the Kurupt info ,the matter of fact is fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you'd like to look at things Danny Boy is officially back at Tha Row and will be recording new material , dude has been in Tha Row studios with Suge and Crooked I,eastwood,Darren Vegas numerous times over the last couple of weeks so don't believe the hype Da Boy is back ,

N Dats Da Real
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 03:23:24 PM »
hey Soopa ..are u really Fly??? :P :P :P :P :P :P

channelxero

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 03:36:40 PM »
A. Since Suge owns masters and outtakes of all of Danny Boy's recordings, he's going to do a DPG2002 move and release an album of previously recorded material, which means that Danny Boy's not physically on the label, but releasing a record(s) J gives a label rights to claim that artists.

Okay, let's say Danny Boy WASN'T back on Tha Row (which he is), why would Suge bother releasing old material by Danny Boy? Atleast with the Snoop, Daz, and Dre releases, these artists were proven to be platinum artists while on Tha Row.  Danny Boy never had a real release, and never went platinum without being featured as an artist.  Releasing old an old Danny Boy album would be a waste of money, promotion, and ultimately, a waste of time.

B. After listening and being in sessions (only as an "onlooker") with a legitimate singer/songwriter whose name is J. Valentine. Danny Boy is nowhere on his level and industry wise like a J. Valentine (who can get work either as a singer or song-writer and who gives a fuck if he wrote for N'SYNC? They are an established group and that looks better on a resume then singing back-up for Death Row artists) and DB is just another hook singer like Nate Dogg, let's not forget how slow his albums have sold.

Spider Loc hasn't sold a record in his life.  Eastwood either.  But Crooked I has underground fame, and a chance to break through into the mainstream.  Danny Boy has the same chance of breaking ino the mainstream, and with the help of J. Valentine, he'll be able to.  Though I think the chances are slim to none, Suge can always hope.  

C. The roster is not updated half the roster is no longer affiliated with the company (I wish I could say why, but it's really not my place, but there are some legitimate gripes about how the label is being ran).

The AID list is bullshit.  They're all off Tha Row.  SKG is off Tha Row.  PB is off Tha Row.  The roster is:  Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt (Vice President), Spider Loc, N.I.N.A., and 2pac.

D. When Tha Row's artists went to Power 106 here in LA very recently and the DJ was referring to "Tha Row Water" that has listing of all artists, why didn't he mention the re-signing of Danny Boy? I'm sure that would of been an interesting conversation, but there was no mention.

Maybe it wasn't official yet.  Maybe he was still in negotiations with Suge.  You never know.

E. Then again, maybe Suge's "son" was in a position where money played a part in getting him out of one tax bracket into another and he has legitimately signed as an artist back to the label. If so, all power to him hopefully he can make a name for himself and not only be known for singing on other people's records.

Word.

Channel XERO
Yo, sometimes the road to the truth is, so elusive it's confusin
And reality becomes illusion
If I showed the masses where we was at or where we was goin
I'd shatter the social balance of the world as we know it
I'm talkin bout the grand deception, of 1947
When our souls were sold to the heavens
for technologically advanced weapons
Crystal enhanced, brain implants, and mind control methods
MJ-12 is not majestic

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 04:24:00 PM »
In reply to Big C , Yes Sir Yes I AM !!!

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 04:30:52 PM »
In reply to Big C , Yes Sir Yes I AM !!!

are U Dynamite Then   :P :P :P

Quadruple OG

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 05:13:04 PM »
The AID list is bullshit.  They're all off Tha Row.  SKG is off Tha Row.  PB is off Tha Row.  The roster is:  Crooked I, Eastwood, Kurupt (Vice President), Spider Loc, N.I.N.A., and 2pac.

I think this is the "official" roster for Tha Row, judgin by various interviews:

Crooked I
Kurupt (VP of Tha Row)
Eastwood
Spider Loc
Ray J
Danny Boy
Red Bones
Gangsta Girl
Nina (since she is no longer among us, Tha Row still has her material and will release her album)

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 05:30:53 PM »
Big C , refer to my above reply fo confirmation !

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2002, 06:43:46 PM »
Well Channel Zero, I'm glad you liked my thread enough to comment extensively on it, but you are missing several things.....1. You don't even know who is on the roster, you are going off strictly speculation. I know who's actually on the label and you are incorrect on some of them. 2 Lopes is dead and gone how can she be on the roster to the effect that you believe she could be. Once an artist is dead a label can no longer release material unless they own 100% of their publishing agreement. In this case Suge doesn't and for future releases must work with Lopes' "estate" in order to release anything by her. The same can't be said of TLC, because she is signed as a group not an individual, different laws applies.
3. What makes you think Valentine would help Danny Boy or anyone on the label?.......Oh you must think certain individuals are still on the label right?
Why would Suge bother releasing any old material.........hey smart guy!!!!! Suge has been releasing more old material than new. UTEOT (old material) 2G4R (most of that material was dated), DMW and Snoop's Greatest Hits (all old material), DPG2002 (old material). And Suge has made more money and he didn't promote or spend any money and they all sold well, since his overhead was small. Was that a waste of his time? How could it, he was stretched out in the pen, all he had was time. Come on now son that claim has no merit.
You have a few "maybe's" but you have to take several things into account and if you are not/were'nt part of the label at the time, all one can do is speculate........................................................

WORD!!!!

www.abvdlaw.com is the address

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2002, 06:48:22 PM »
Big C , refer to my above reply fo confirmation !

its all good then just drop sum info

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2002, 08:48:00 PM »
eh some people  ::)Danny Boy is on the label and will be recordin new material  so is Spider ,and peep da new issue of rime magazine fo info on the new crooked I release

N Dats Da Real

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2002, 09:29:50 PM »
GODBODY, There's a big difference between Suge selling Unreleased Snoop & Tupac material and Suge selling unreleased Danny Body material.

Snoop and Tupac are known, even people who dont listen to Rap music know who Snoop and Tupac are. My mom knows who they are and she dont even speak english.

Only people who were really into Death Row back in tha dayz know who Danny Boy is. He never released anything. People today, in 2002 will not recognize him. Suge won't really make any profit puttin out old Danny Boy shit.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

channelxero

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2002, 09:35:30 PM »
1. You don't even know who is on the roster, you are going off strictly speculation. I know who's actually on the label and you are incorrect on some of them.

I'm just going on what people have told me.  I may have missed a few names like Red Bone and whoever else, but the list I posted is pretty much accurate, except with the few missing.  J.Valentine, along with PB, are off Tha Row.  Sorry to break it to you.

2 Lopes is dead and gone how can she be on the roster to the effect that you believe she could be. Once an artist is dead a label can no longer release material unless they own 100% of their publishing agreement. In this case Suge doesn't and for future releases must work with Lopes' "estate" in order to release anything by her. The same can't be said of TLC, because she is signed as a group not an individual, different laws applies.

She signed as NINA, not Left Eye, or Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes.  Suge owns the masters to what she recorded as "NINA" since she was signed to Tha Row.  Why do you think she was running with Tha Row as NINA?

3. What makes you think Valentine would help Danny Boy or anyone on the label?.......Oh you must think certain individuals are still on the label right?
Why would Suge bother releasing any old material.........hey smart guy!!!!! Suge has been releasing more old material than new. UTEOT (old material) 2G4R (most of that material was dated), DMW and Snoop's Greatest Hits (all old material), DPG2002 (old material). And Suge has made more money and he didn't promote or spend any money and they all sold well, since his overhead was small. Was that a waste of his time? How could it, he was stretched out in the pen, all he had was time. Come on now son that claim has no merit.
You have a few "maybe's" but you have to take several things into account and if you are not/were'nt part of the label at the time, all one can do is speculate........................................................

Want to know the difference between releasing those albums, and releasing an old Danny Boy Album?  THOSE ALBUMS WILL SELL.  Look at what you listed:

2pac - IT WILL OBVIOUSLY SELL GIVEN THE NAME IT'S UNDER!

Snoop Dogg - Multiplatinum artist

DPG - Went platinum on their first Deathrow Release

Too Gangsta for Radio - had lots of names on there like Ja Rule, The Lox, and more.  It was destined to sell.

Want to know the difference between those albums and an old Danny Boy album?  THOSE ARTISTS ARE PLATINUM SELLING ARTISTS!  DANNY BOY NEVER WENT PLATINUM AS A SOLO ARTIST, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER!   How will a Danny Boy album sell if no one knows who the fuck he is?  Ask your typical mainstream hiphop fan who watches MTV's "Direct Effect" and ask him/her if they know who Danny Boy is.  DO IT AND WATCH WHAT THEY WILL SAY!  Then ask them who 2pac, Snoop, and who the Dogg Pound are.  SUGE IS MAKING MONEY OFF PLATINUM SELLING ARTISTS!  He has no reason to put out a Danny Boy album.  Fuck's sake dude.

Word, motherfucker.

Channel XERO
Yo, sometimes the road to the truth is, so elusive it's confusin
And reality becomes illusion
If I showed the masses where we was at or where we was goin
I'd shatter the social balance of the world as we know it
I'm talkin bout the grand deception, of 1947
When our souls were sold to the heavens
for technologically advanced weapons
Crystal enhanced, brain implants, and mind control methods
MJ-12 is not majestic

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2002, 10:34:59 PM »
i mostly agree with GODBODY on this.. but i have my on views on a few things.

1) Does signing as a different 'recording' name (e.g. Nina instead of Left eye) allow the side stepping of existing contracts?

remember the person actually doing the signing was 'Lisa Lopez'

2) There may be a trick to releasing old danny boy material. they could have old 2pac(maybe some snoo - p too)/danny boy tracks, they could do yet another remix of gangsta rap and add danny boy. (lol) or just plain splice some of his old hooks into songs with new and old artists. the old collaberation route would certainly interested kleptomaniac 2pac fans.

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2002, 10:51:10 PM »
Defari put out an album a while back under the alias of 'Billy tha Kid' to side step an existing contract he had and didnt get into any trouble, so i'd assume it does.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden