Author Topic: Dre beats that you feel were Detox quality  (Read 861 times)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dre beats that you feel were Detox quality
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2005, 06:42:01 AM »

redemption7

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2005, 12:55:33 PM »
Im pretty sure we havent heard much of the Detox stuff yet. But i know Higher was originally planned for Detox, and I'm sure some of the other Detox tracks he gave away are gonna be on Busta's, Stat Quo's and Eve's albums. BUT im 100% sure that Obie Trice had tracks from Rakim's "Oh My God" album. :(

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2005, 01:18:56 PM »
^^ I believe the same thing. "Look In My Eyes" HAS to be, at least.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2005, 02:46:38 PM »
Lose yo mind - Xzibit is hella underrated, Love that track.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 04:03:09 AM »
good thread
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 04:35:27 AM »
Oh from Obie and The Future beat from Stat and Start from Scratch. The rest is bangin but nothing new. Plus for me too many beats have the same structure , sounds like a part 2. Higher-Out of Control, Mosh-When the guns come out. Plus westside story is like a mix of In Da Club and Still Dre. They slow down the keys and take the guitar from In Da Club

tha_Hard_Hitta

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 06:53:32 AM »
Oh and Higher,   revolutionary beats

The rest, nice but nothing new

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2005, 09:44:41 AM »
I just listened to Outta Control remix for the first time.  call me crazy but it reminds more of Quik than Dre.  the keys arn't hard hitting like dre usally does.  it's more melodic like quik.  and the guitar in the back round is Quik signature.  but that's just me.  nice beat.

Chad

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2005, 10:57:16 AM »
It's A Shame by Devin The Dude & I Like by Knoc-turn'al
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2005, 11:28:04 AM »
everything he produced on Game's album

I just listened to Outta Control remix for the first time. call me crazy but it reminds more of Quik than Dre. the keys arn't hard hitting like dre usally does. it's more melodic like quik. and the guitar in the back round is Quik signature. but that's just me. nice beat.
^I agree. That's why I didn't like the beat at first. To me it didn't sound like a dre beat- the keys are usually hardhitting and like you said the guitar in the background is quik's signatue. He did say he wanted detox to be his most musically advanced album. Maybe he been listening to quik lately and picked up a couple tips. 8)
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2005, 04:20:25 PM »
i think setup and oh from obies album was something new and fresh at the time along with poppin them thangs and g'd up were his best beats in a minute,

id probably say

in da club=obvious straight heat, could probably see dre snoop and xzibit killin this shit, but thats not taking anything away from 50 cuz he rode the beat in his own way and it made him who he is today

back down = shits straight heat, dont think i could see this on detox but its still sick......its near that type of quality.....

oh = shiit this was made for detox, no way he got into a studio with obie and got inspired to make a beat like this for him.....dre eminem(from when he could spit like nigga) and some crazy ass bitch to kill the hook

setup = straight up dre/snoop funk on this.......plus bring back devin and u got another 5/5 joint,haha

poppin tham thangs = def made with thought to detox, dre to kill the verses and snoop on the hook and a speak some shit, sounds dope,haha

g'd up = crazy dark beat but i couldnt see it on detox, its not jus dark enough still with a west vibe to it, sounds like it was made for 50.....but i aint gonna hate cuz gd up was a 5/5 joint anyway

ass like that = crazy beat, wack shit by eminem.....like i said his gettin lighter with each album....he cant spit over shit like this........i dunno if this would made detox anyways but i think its a heated beat

how we do = keep game and 50 on it, but with one verse each and add a snoop and dre verse and u got some crazy shit.....or take 50 off and put xzibit in it and u gotta bitch pleez style lineup and its all westcoast,haha plus the beats crazy, shit was played in every ride when it dropped

start from scratch =  i think this was definately made with detox in mind, i think dre went for a watcher style beat, could def see dre go solo on this....but still on of the class of the watcher beat.....

outta control = crazy beat, seems like a improved version of higher but couldnt see dre on this.....

thats some crazy heat from dre but how much of that would really be considered for detox if it wasnt made yet.......probably start from scratch, oh, how we do, setup, poppin them thangs and in da club....

i still think dre got better shit to come, detox will be off the hook i hope, i hope the lineup is crazy to........cats be like i hope its only dre on this.....but while i agree with that to a certain extent cuz its sick listenin dre spit but his the only cat in the game who gets the all star lineups.......he could get some crazy lineups on some joints for detox, i cant wait for the album....but i aint expecting it anytime soon either so while im pumped.......its measured,haha.....like i got other shit to look forward until then

peace!

lets see what heat dre brings on bustas album, we'll see if his goin in a dope direction or not, peace!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2005, 07:38:49 PM »
eminem - rain man....simple..but crazy
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008