Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Cleans Up  (Read 363 times)

Trauma-san

Snoop Dogg Cleans Up
« on: June 13, 2002, 04:03:57 AM »
Hell has Officially frozen over.  

On Track 9 of his bootleg, "We Gonna Handle It"... Snoop doesn't cuss 1 time.  And yall know I pay attention to stuff like that.  So, go ahead.  If you've been tryna find out what your girl, or your kids, or your grandma thinks about Snoop, play "We Gonna Handle it" for them. He also brings it REAL, and talks about how the reason he makes music is because he doesn't want young folks making the same mistakes he made in the past.  This song is pretty amazing, actually, because it's hard like people like it, and not 1 cuss word.  

Also, on track 13 "Family Reunion", Snoop accomplishes the impossible.  He don't cuss on ANOTHER song.  "Family Reunion"... NOBODY cusses on the song.  For a while I thought Soopa sayed "Bitchhhhh" at the end of his verse, but when I rewound it, I was plesantly surprised to find he says "Chutch" instead.  Unbelievable, LOL.  

Then, you got the track with Latoiya Williams "Believe In You".  He don't cuss.  LOL.  I ain't believin this.  His flow is pretty tight, too... i'm impressed with Snoop lately.  This one's about his wife... and pretty dope, all about his family.   I think I'm fallin' in love with Latoiya Williams, her voice is silky smooth, man.  

Also, track 14, donated to his Wife, he don't cuss.  What the Hell?  I cuss more than snoop now.  And I don't cuss.  Except when I said "hell" just now, but that's o.k.  He does say "Bitch" a few times, but that's o.k. Anyways, these three tracks are all dope, too, I can't be believin' this, LOL.  Wow.  I'm pretty sure this track samples Janet Jackson, too, but I can't tell what song it is... it may not be released if the sample doesn't get cleared, which would be a shame, because this is the only time that I know of, that Snoop, or Dre, or any major rapper, has had the friekin' BALLS to thank his wife with a song.  What kind of dick would make music for a living, and not make 1 song for his wife?  Dr. Dre, that's who, lol.  But thankfully, we don't have to put snoop in that category anymore.  

So, Ima support what needs to be supported. To me, it's refreshing to see someone trying to improve the game, slowly, over the years, Snoop has kinda matured, his lyrics on these 4 songs show it, definately, and not just because they're clean, but because they're deep.  Usually, I don't like overly-deep music, because it becomes a sermon instead of just a lesson.  But snoop keeps it real, he just speaks it real, and says what he thinks, he gives you the good and bad about him... I gotta give him major props for that... First, he replaced some of his "niggas" with "Nephew".  Then, he replaced some of his "Bitches" with "Chutches". Now, he's dropped some of his cuss words.  I tried last year to find 1 snoop song he didn't say "bitch" in, to play for my girl... and I came up short, LOL. Now, I know he ain't gonna just stop cussin', or anything, but I think it's cool that he cut back on that, so at least some songs are radio ready and can be played by people other than angry 21 year olds.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

PLANT

Re: Snoop Dogg Cleans Up
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 04:12:26 AM »
Trauma thas a good observation...Snoop seems like he really is on another level nowadays.  Didnt this have something to do with his spiritual adviser Don Jaun or something?  I thought i heard that rumer awhile back?

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 04:15:37 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.  Don Juan's a pimp, BUT, that being said, you got a few things to look at.

1. If a girl goes into business with a pimp, she was screwed in the head in the first place.  So I dunno if I can hate a pimp for what he does....

2. A TRUE pimp, like Don Magic Juan, treats women with respect, goes to church, and he's just elegant, as in, doesn't cuss, he's got lots of class.  So, I think some of the class has probably rubbed off on snoop... not to say that people who cuss don't have class, or anything, or that snoop didn't, but Don Magic Juan is a classy guy.  

So, I think you're probably right.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 06:37:57 AM »

On Track 9 of his bootleg, "We Gonna Handle It"... Snoop doesn't cuss 1 time.  And yall know I pay attention to stuff like that.  So, go ahead.  If you've been tryna find out what your girl, or your kids, or your grandma thinks about Snoop, play "We Gonna Handle it" for them. He also brings it REAL, and talks about how the reason he makes music is because he doesn't want young folks making the same mistakes he made in the past.  This song is pretty amazing, actually, because it's hard like people like it, and not 1 cuss word.  

Also, on track 13 "Family Reunion", Snoop accomplishes the impossible.  He don't cuss on ANOTHER song.  "Family Reunion"... NOBODY cusses on the song.  For a while I thought Soopa sayed "Bitchhhhh" at the end of his verse, but when I rewound it, I was plesantly surprised to find he says "Chutch" instead.  Unbelievable, LOL.  

Then, you got the track with Latoiya Williams "Believe In You".  He don't cuss.  LOL.  I ain't believin this.  His flow is pretty tight, too... i'm impressed with Snoop lately.  This one's about his wife... and pretty dope, all about his family.   I think I'm fallin' in love with Latoiya Williams, her voice is silky smooth, man.  

Also, track 14, donated to his Wife, he don't cuss.  What the Hell?  I cuss more than snoop now.  And I don't cuss.  Except when I said "hell" just now, but that's o.k.  He does say "Bitch" a few times, but that's o.k. Anyways, these three tracks are all dope, too, I can't be believin' this, LOL.  Wow.  I'm pretty sure this track samples Janet Jackson, too, but I can't tell what song it is... it may not be released if the sample doesn't get cleared, which would be a shame, because this is the only time that I know of, that Snoop, or Dre, or any major rapper, has had the friekin' BALLS to thank his wife with a song.  What kind of dick would make music for a living, and not make 1 song for his wife?  Dr. Dre, that's who, lol.  But thankfully, we don't have to put snoop in that category anymore.  

So, Ima support what needs to be supported. To me, it's refreshing to see someone trying to improve the game, slowly, over the years, Snoop has kinda matured, his lyrics on these 4 songs show it, definately, and not just because they're clean, but because they're deep.  Usually, I don't like overly-deep music, because it becomes a sermon instead of just a lesson.  But snoop keeps it real, he just speaks it real, and says what he thinks, he gives you the good and bad about him... I gotta give him major props for that... First, he replaced some of his "niggas" with "Nephew".  Then, he replaced some of his "Bitches" with "Chutches". Now, he's dropped some of his cuss words.  I tried last year to find 1 snoop song he didn't say "bitch" in, to play for my girl... and I came up short, LOL. Now, I know he ain't gonna just stop cussin', or anything, but I think it's cool that he cut back on that, so at least some songs are radio ready and can be played by people other than angry 21 year olds.  

nice post you wrote there.. and you're definatly right.... there aint many rappers who dares to talk about the love to a woman (exept their momma) in a nice way with no cuss... Snoop is deeper and deserves respect for that.... most people want snoop to go back to his younger days and shit, but snoop is a grown man now, more intelectual, spittin intelectual and lyrical rhymes now and then...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 06:39:14 AM »

nice post you wrote there.. and you're definatly right.... there aint many rappers who dares to talk about the love to a woman (exept their momma) in a nice way with no cuss... Snoop is deeper and deserves respect for that.... most people want snoop to go back to his younger days and shit, but snoop is a grown man now, more intelectual, spittin intelectual and lyrical rhymes now and then...

he showed a little part of hs new image on "tha last meal" but nobody cared

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2002, 06:44:12 AM »

on point, good lookin out. I didn't even notice it.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2002, 07:00:22 AM »

so true.. but like trauma said, the track  believe in you , or funny how time flies, are so dope ... chuutch

but someway somehow , some still find something to hate about ... but like ya'll i'm glad that snoop improve his rap style like that, but i like him dirty to, like vicious flow with soopa...
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2002, 07:05:40 AM »
i'm indifferent.. i'd never notice coz it really doesnt phase me whutever way  :D

verbalassaulta

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2002, 07:11:31 AM »
i think its weak.....i prefer the older snoop...no wonder he is loosing his apeal

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2002, 11:18:37 AM »
Umm... Eminem made a song for his wife: "Kim" on the Marshall Maters LP.  ;D

And I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's no cussing on "Undacova Funk" either.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2002, 11:27:54 AM »
Umm... Eminem made a song for his wife: "Kim" on the Marshall Maters LP.  ;D

yeah.. but he's cussing like a muthafucka there... i mean... i dont think she even appreciated the track...

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2002, 03:25:54 PM »

I did, I appreciated the Last Meal.  People want him to rap about killing people, and they want him to keep rhymin' S N Double O P with Motha Funkin' G.  That ain't that creative, I'm happy to see him move on.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2002, 03:27:20 PM »

yeah.. but he's cussing like a muthafucka there... i mean... i dont think she even appreciated the track...

Yeah, that's all I'm sayin, why can't MUSICIANS give props to what they love, that's all I'm saying.