Author Topic: Lakers on an uprise...just missing a few pieces to the puzzle.  (Read 2959 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Lakers on an uprise...just missing a few pieces to the puzzle.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2005, 11:08:16 AM »
No higher then 7th...

Lets bet...I have this quote marked.
I bet not above 6th  ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2005, 01:40:59 PM »
6-3...With some better acquisations, possibly as high as 2nd or 1st...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2005, 12:16:58 AM »
Looks like Dan Dickau, Jalen Rose, and Tyrone Lue are said to be some more options for the Lakers to fill in the point guard position...Personally, I'd hate Dan Dickau on the Lakers...Tyrone Lue would be quite decent, he's loved down here in LA...But Jalen Rose would be fuckin awesome...That would automatically make the Lakers contenders in my opinion...A backcourt of Rose & Kobe and a frontcourt of Odom & Kwame...But who knows what move the Lakers will make...Jalen Rose in purple and gold just sounds sweet.

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2005, 02:54:11 AM »
lakers would have the tallest starting 5 if Jalen signed.

Jalen Rose - 6'8"
Kobe Bryant - 6'6"
Lamar Odom - 6'10
Kwame Brown - 7"
Chris Mihm - 7"

that would give us so much size. something we lacked last yr since lamar odom and chris mihm were the only players taller than 6'10"

that starting 5 can do serious damage under Phil Jackson. i just think they're soft in the center position. Chris Mihm is a solid back up but not quite a starter on a Contender team.

acbaylove

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2005, 03:14:57 AM »
Looks like Dan Dickau, Jalen Rose, and Tyrone Lue are said to be some more options for the Lakers to fill in the point guard position...Personally, I'd hate Dan Dickau on the Lakers...Tyrone Lue would be quite decent, he's loved down here in LA...But Jalen Rose would be fuckin awesome...That would automatically make the Lakers contenders in my opinion...A backcourt of Rose & Kobe and a frontcourt of Odom & Kwame...But who knows what move the Lakers will make...Jalen Rose in purple and gold just sounds sweet.

I whouldnt go as far as considering them contenders. I like Rose too, he should fit very well in the triangle system. But c'mon, contenders? A play-off team for sure, tho.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2005, 05:54:14 AM »
Rose would be good. Lue and Dickau suck so damn hard. Lue can not shoot the 3 for shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2005, 04:58:51 PM »
Rose would be good. Lue and Dickau suck so damn hard. Lue can not shoot the 3 for shit.

Lue can't shoot the 3 for shit? You're fuckin nuts, Lue had a very good shot and a high percentage 3 ball, especially from what I remember when he played for the Lakers...And he's improved his game a lot since then, I think he's another player with lots of potential...He's very quick and he can play on both ends of the floor...I don't know about Dickau, I think maybe one day he can be an effective point guard, but that day hasn't come yet, so the Lakers shouldn't acquire him...The choice right now should be between Dererk Fisher, Nick Van Exel, Derek Anderson, Tyronn Lue, and JALEN ROSE...Rose would be amazing, but anyone from that list would be good...PeACe

acbaylove

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2005, 05:58:48 PM »
Lue can not shoot the 3 for shit.

He shot .355 % from 3pts. It's not a wonderful percentage, but no shit it's better than Lebron's .351 %, just to make an example. So Lebron can not shoot the 3 for shit, too? ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2005, 06:19:54 PM »
Lue can not shoot the 3 for shit.

He shot .355 % from 3pts. It's not a wonderful percentage, but no shit it's better than Lebron's .351 %, just to make an example. So Lebron can not shoot the 3 for shit, too? ;D

::) You can't just take them stats and be done with it statsboy. It's not only about the percentage, or would you say that Shaq is an amazing 3pt Shooter if he takes 1 3pt shot next season and makes it, leaving him with 1.000 at the end of the season? lol. Lue takes way less 3pt shots than your average guard. For a reason. He basically only tries to shoot when he's open, and still misses a lot lol. He is a remarkably bad 3pt shooter for his size and position. Well and Dickau didnt even really make it to the bench of Dallas. He should be your starting 5 director? Good luck with that. A point guard needs brains, or the whole team is dragged down.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 06:59:06 PM »
The thing i hate about you is when you wanna insist on something you know is wrong. Give it up. You're keep saying Lue can't shoot, but you know you made a mistake because you havent seen him playing last year, so shut up. He shot .451 from 2pts (better than Lebron's first year and than Lebron's career average), 0.861 from FT (hella better than Lebron, in the top 15 of the NBA) and .355 from 3pts (better than Lebron). He CAN shoot. And please consider he put those numbers in Atlanta, with a wack ass team where nobody was doubled and where he had to create them shots by himself. In L.A. there are Kobe, Odom and Brown who can create him some good shots from the middle-long range, so he'll shoots even better if he'll sign with the Lakers. Now i dont want to compare the player Lue to the player James, cause obviously James is 10x better. I'm just saying he CAN shoot, and he CAN defend. And that's why Lakers should sign him IMO. Plus Phil Jackson loves him, he's a Lue fan (he said it by himself) so i dunno why we shouldnt sign him.

P.S. "He is a remarkably bad 3pt shooter for his size and position"? Good luck with Larry Hughes and his .282 % from 3pts.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2005, 05:22:20 AM »
 ::) I didnt talk about his shooting in general, quit making up stuff. And yes, Hughes is a terrible 3pt Shooter, unlike Laker fans, I don't try to make things better than they are.. In addition to that, lmao, since you like to compare to James so much, I have to assure you that his %age is at least way better than Kobe's  8). Anyways, it's not really worthy a debate, Lue sucks so hard, Bob Sura was way better than him LMAO.. and he won't even play for the Lakers next year. Rose is better, but also not really fitting the Lakers at all, cause all he does is scoring, which is what Kobe wants to be left to him.. ah well I can see the day comin when Laker-fans aka let-us-hate-on-every-player-who-leaves-the-team-dudes realize how aight Atkins actually was.. pz
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2005, 05:38:34 AM »
::) I didnt talk about his shooting in general, quit making up stuff. And yes, Hughes is a terrible 3pt Shooter, unlike Laker fans, I don't try to make things better than they are.. In addition to that, lmao, since you like to compare to James so much, I have to assure you that his %age is at least way better than Kobe's  8). Anyways, it's not really worthy a debate, Lue sucks so hard, Bob Sura was way better than him LMAO.. and he won't even play for the Lakers next year. Rose is better, but also not really fitting the Lakers at all, cause all he does is scoring, which is what Kobe wants to be left to him.. ah well I can see the day comin when Laker-fans aka let-us-hate-on-every-player-who-leaves-the-team-dudes realize how aight Atkins actually was.. pz
Lue sucks so hard he was able to defend against Iverson in 2001 NBA Finals  ::). He's a way better defender than Atkins. James better than Kobe at his age ?. It's easier to put good numbers when u are one of the only good players in your team. Kobe could do James number if he played for Atlanta at 20. Plus Kobe = 3 titles, James= none playoffs so ......

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2005, 05:42:25 AM »
I didnt talk about defense either. LOL... All I said that he's a bad 3pt shooter, maybe he's good at defense, or free throws, or a good family man.. I DONT CARE.. all I said is that he sucks at shooting the 3, he's a lot worse than Atkins at it. LeBron not better than Kobe? You gotta be kiddin me. Kobe WAS on a bad team, where he was allowed to do everything, and still had worse numbers at 26 than Lebron at 20. The 3 titles come from SHAQ.. without Shaq, he didnt make the playoffs either.. you see both arguments don't work.. LeBron > Kobe, this year was still argueable, but next year will ultimately show Bron > Kobe, pz.
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2005, 05:52:01 AM »
Man give it up, please. It aint funny to ridiculize you that way everytime. Like i said, you've already lost this argument a couple of posts ago. 55/155, .355% from 3pts without having a dominant center inside who creates you the shoots is not a bad stat, and you're a moron if you continue to write he can't shoot from 3pts. Matter of fact NONE in the Cavs roster has done better (shooting at least 100x, i mean), so if you put him in the Cavs, he'll be the best 3pts shooter of your team. Like i said, Larry Hughes is horrible from 3pts, not Lue. Lue can teach Hughes how to shoot from 3pts and how to defend. Shit Lue made more assists too, and he made better % from FT and from 2pts. If we sign Lue, we'll do it for the LLE or for half the MLE. Your fav team overpaid Hughes tons of billions. Talking about overpaying someone... Give it up! Lue is a pretty good player, who already proved he can play in the NBA Play Offs (i mean NBA Finals) defending against the (real) MVP of "that" season.. You're so desperate that you're trying to make Atkins a great PG, lmao! For real, it's embarassing. You've lost.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 06:03:20 AM by ACB »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2005, 06:13:08 AM »
My fav team aint the Cavs, for a start. Hughes is way more of a player than Lue. You are so desperate that you try to make every player who is considered to sign with the Lakers a good player. It's embarrassing what Laker-Fans have become anyway. From arrogant, always winning fans of a team feared by everyone to guys who dream about signing somebody like Tyron Lue for their Starting 5. LOL..
No, it's not a sin