Author Topic: Lakers on an uprise...just missing a few pieces to the puzzle.  (Read 2961 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lakers on an uprise...just missing a few pieces to the puzzle.
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2005, 03:30:17 PM »
It's hard to make game winning shots when your team isnt winning..

just thought I'd leave a deep thought .. everybody can interpret it anyway he or she wants.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2005, 03:58:30 PM »
That's true. Cleveland ain't good enought for LeBron to prove if he's a winner or a looser, he needs some help. But this year it's a must to reach at least the 1st round of the Play Offs, cause 3 straight years with no post-season looks very unhappealing.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2005, 04:07:04 PM »
Kobe has already reached his potential. Its all down hill from here buddy  :P

YOU'RE A MORON

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2005, 04:22:49 PM »

YOU'RE A MORON

besides u being just a blind fan...what is there to prove that im wrong? Kobe's unbelievable year last year? I was partially just fukin with NIK...but at the same time, Kobe doesnt have a many more years. He is still kinda young, but i dont see his game improving. If anything its stayed the same. Last year he didnt step it up. This year will probably be the same. He might improve SLIGHTLY but that will be a result of the team around him improving and Phil being there. Its for sure, he'll never win another championship unless he gets some MAJOR....MAJOR help. If he couldnt even get his team into the playoffs last year....in the prime of his career...with what NIK called at the beginning of the season a decent supporting cast....what would make people think he will win a championship in the second half of his career without some serious help?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2005, 04:35:40 PM »

YOU'RE A MORON

besides u being just a blind fan...what is there to prove that im wrong? Kobe's unbelievable year last year? I was partially just fukin with NIK...but at the same time, Kobe doesnt have a many more years. He is still kinda young, but i dont see his game improving. If anything its stayed the same. Last year he didnt step it up. This year will probably be the same. He might improve SLIGHTLY but that will be a result of the team around him improving and Phil being there. Its for sure, he'll never win another championship unless he gets some MAJOR....MAJOR help. If he couldnt even get his team into the playoffs last year....in the prime of his career...with what NIK called at the beginning of the season a decent supporting cast....what would make people think he will win a championship in the second half of his career without some serious help?

you're still a moron

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2005, 03:25:54 AM »

YOU'RE A MORON

you're still a moron

typical Laker fan response... :loser:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2005, 08:17:49 AM »
^^^you don't deserve a real response :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2005, 07:32:03 PM »
But i would say this, if i were to to START a team right at this moment...id take Lebron over Kobe.

30 GM's and I disagree with you... 8)

at least one half of your statement is correct  ;D

honestly tho, Kobe's best years have past him already. he's not the intelligent player that Jordan was. I dont see Kobe being able to evolve his game in the late years of his career when his athletisism disappears. Im not saying its gone now, but obviously Lebron's game is still in its early stages where he's going to improve. Kobe has already reached his potential. Its all down hill from here buddy  :P

Half of my statement? It's a fact...They had a poll in the beginning of last season. They asked all the GMs which player in the NBA they'd choose to build their team around. All 30 picked Kobeas. You're stupid for saying Kobe is going downhill from here...Jordan was just beginning at Kobe's age. Kobe is still young, there is no way he's reached his full potential...Unless he gets seriously injured or something like that, but Kobe is the type of player who works every off-season to better himself...He will amaze...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2005, 07:33:32 PM »

YOU'RE A MORON

you're still a moron

WTF are you saying, shithead, I always provide a full, lengthy response...

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2005, 02:51:21 AM »
But i would say this, if i were to to START a team right at this moment...id take Lebron over Kobe.

30 GM's and I disagree with you... 8)

at least one half of your statement is correct  ;D

honestly tho, Kobe's best years have past him already. he's not the intelligent player that Jordan was. I dont see Kobe being able to evolve his game in the late years of his career when his athletisism disappears. Im not saying its gone now, but obviously Lebron's game is still in its early stages where he's going to improve. Kobe has already reached his potential. Its all down hill from here buddy  :P

Half of my statement? It's a fact...They had a poll in the beginning of last season. They asked all the GMs which player in the NBA they'd choose to build their team around. All 30 picked Kobeas. You're stupid for saying Kobe is going downhill from here...Jordan was just beginning at Kobe's age. Kobe is still young, there is no way he's reached his full potential...Unless he gets seriously injured or something like that, but Kobe is the type of player who works every off-season to better himself...He will amaze...PeACe

If you been payin attention to every other post ive ever made on this subject youd know, i dont consider Jordan and Kobe anywhere NEAR in the same league. And most others dont either. As a matter of fact, no one does except Kobe fans. So yeah, i think his career has already reached its pinnacle. He NEEDS others to make him great. I dont know why u guys cant see that when everyone else does. He NEEDS it. He's just not that guy. He's not the guy that makes everyone else successful. As for Lebron, i dunno if u saw Magic when he was just on Jey Leno?

when asked about the NBA age limit being at 19....he responded saying he wished it was 20. He said that all coaches feel the same. That their jobs are harder because they are stuck in the situation of having to teach kids the game of basketball. How players arent ready at the age of 18...or even 17 sometimes to play on an NBA team. He used the examples of Garnett and Kobe. Saying that they are both great players, and were good coming in. But that even they werent ready. It took them a couple years to realy develop their game to that of an NBA player. Then, in the middle of that comment he said..."except Lebron....he's special...".  Maybe Magics opinion doesnt mean shit....but lets just say...its the same as mine. Go ahead NIK....disagree with the allmighty Magic Johnson lol

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2005, 02:53:44 AM »

YOU'RE A MORON

you're still a moron

WTF are you saying, shithead, I always provide a full, lengthy response...

lol *hands NIK a tissue*. I didnt mean to hurt your feelings man. Hope this doesnt send u into some spiriling depression  ;D Naw, u usually give a real response. But u cant deny that youve givin your share of "youre a moron" responses in the past. And a lot of these Laker fans tend to get real sensitive and emotional when u diss Kobe lol. Like he's their lover....

acbaylove

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2005, 04:22:47 AM »
If you been payin attention to every other post ive ever made on this subject youd know, i dont consider Jordan and Kobe anywhere NEAR in the same league. And most others dont either. As a matter of fact, no one does except Kobe fans. So yeah, i think his career has already reached its pinnacle. He NEEDS others to make him great. I dont know why u guys cant see that when everyone else does. He NEEDS it. He's just not that guy. He's not the guy that makes everyone else successful.

Are we judging the whole 9 years old career of Kobe or just his last disappointing season? If you look at the whole thing, Kobe has been a fantastic player, averaging 22.4 pts, 5.1 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.45 spg, plus he was been named 7 times an All-Star, and he has averaged even better stats in 119 NBA PlayOff games. In a contender team, sharing the ball with Shaq. Those numbers alone will have as a consequence that the n.8 Lakers jersey will be retired, one day. Add 3 rings and a half in the mix, and you have a great player, no discussion. I dunno if he's on the same level of Magic, Jordan and Bird, who knows? But for sure he's the best SG in the league right now, and he was been the best one in the last couple of years. Plus he's still 27, so how is it possible to write something like "he has already reached its pinnacle"? Jordan won his first one at 28. C'mon now. C'mon now. Last year it was been a wasted one in Kobe's career, because of a lot of injuries (Kobe has missed 16 games, Odom 18, Grant 13, Divac 67, George 67, not to mention Rudy T), of troubles finding a good coach, and because of the team allowing opponents to score more than 110pts, embarassing. Next year it's the "real" one, with Phil back in L.A., with Bynum and Brown added in the mix, without Atkins, and with less pressure on the team. We will see. But let's wait to judge Kobe's career and let's stop saying he aint a "winner".

As for Lebron, i dunno if u saw Magic when he was just on Jey Leno? when asked about the NBA age limit being at 19....he responded saying he wished it was 20. He said that all coaches feel the same. That their jobs are harder because they are stuck in the situation of having to teach kids the game of basketball. How players arent ready at the age of 18...or even 17 sometimes to play on an NBA team. He used the examples of Garnett and Kobe. Saying that they are both great players, and were good coming in. But that even they werent ready. It took them a couple years to realy develop their game to that of an NBA player. Then, in the middle of that comment he said..."except Lebron....he's special...".  Maybe Magics opinion doesnt mean shit....but lets just say...its the same as mine. Go ahead NIK....disagree with the allmighty Magic Johnson lol

If we need to wait more on Kobe's career to judge it, LeBron's one still has to start!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2005, 04:50:05 AM »
If you been payin attention to every other post ive ever made on this subject youd know, i dont consider Jordan and Kobe anywhere NEAR in the same league. And most others dont either. As a matter of fact, no one does except Kobe fans. So yeah, i think his career has already reached its pinnacle. He NEEDS others to make him great. I dont know why u guys cant see that when everyone else does. He NEEDS it. He's just not that guy. He's not the guy that makes everyone else successful.

Are we judging the whole 9 years old career of Kobe or just his last disappointing season? If you look at the whole thing, Kobe has been a fantastic player, averaging 22.4 pts, 5.1 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.45 spg, plus he was been named 7 times an All-Star, and he has averaged even better stats in 119 NBA PlayOff games. In a contender team, sharing the ball with Shaq. Those numbers alone will have as a consequence that the n.8 Lakers jersey will be retired, one day. Add 3 rings and a half in the mix, and you have a great player, no discussion. I dunno if he's on the same level of Magic, Jordan and Bird, who knows? But for sure he's the best SG in the league right now, and he was been the best one in the last couple of years. Plus he's still 27, so how is it possible to write something like "he has already reached its pinnacle"? Jordan won his first one at 28. C'mon now. C'mon now. Last year it was been a wasted one in Kobe's career, because of a lot of injuries (Kobe has missed 16 games, Odom 18, Grant 13, Divac 67, George 67, not to mention Rudy T), of troubles finding a good coach, and because of the team allowing opponents to score more than 110pts, embarassing. Next year it's the "real" one, with Phil back in L.A., with Bynum and Brown added in the mix, without Atkins, and with less pressure on the team. We will see. But let's wait to judge Kobe's career and let's stop saying he aint a "winner".

As for Lebron, i dunno if u saw Magic when he was just on Jey Leno? when asked about the NBA age limit being at 19....he responded saying he wished it was 20. He said that all coaches feel the same. That their jobs are harder because they are stuck in the situation of having to teach kids the game of basketball. How players arent ready at the age of 18...or even 17 sometimes to play on an NBA team. He used the examples of Garnett and Kobe. Saying that they are both great players, and were good coming in. But that even they werent ready. It took them a couple years to realy develop their game to that of an NBA player. Then, in the middle of that comment he said..."except Lebron....he's special...".  Maybe Magics opinion doesnt mean shit....but lets just say...its the same as mine. Go ahead NIK....disagree with the allmighty Magic Johnson lol

If we need to wait more on Kobe's career to judge it, LeBron's one still has to start!

first off...me saying Kobe's career has reached its pinnacle is based on my assessment of Kobe. It has nothing to do with anyone else. Im not saying that ANYone at 27-28 has already reached or passed their prime. Im saying, i dont see Kobe getting BETTER. He hasnt shown the type of attitude that would allow him to. He's a big fuckin baby. It takes a mature, humble man to understand that theyll have to change their game completely at some point to stay at a top level (for a player who relies so much on athletism). Jordan understood that...i dont see Kobe that way. Yeah, Kobe has been a good player. He has been one of the better players in the league during the last 5 years or so, one of the best....as was Larry Johnson for the first half of his career. How many of you guys even know who the fuck he is now? lol. Yeah he has half a career left ahead of him. But we've had people on here comparing him to Jordan...and saying he is on the same level for a career. If those Laker....i mean, Kobe fans can make a judgement like THAT (insane) on only half a career...then i can say that i dont think he'll improve after this point. He will probably have a better year then last year. But he will never be the winner he was with Shaq...unless they bring him some BIG help like i said. The man just isnt a winner. He's a scorer...and thats it.

As for your Lebron statement. Im not even a Lebron fan. Im just saying i would take a player like Lebron over Kobe anyday to start my team with. Lebrons biggest problem coming into the league was being TOO unselfish. A problem Kobe has never had i guarentee lol. Lebron's game will improve more then likely from this point on. Kobe's probably wont (as he is half done). NIK was arguing it, so i just put up a quote from the most respected Laker of all time.

acbaylove

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2005, 05:33:35 AM »
first off...me saying Kobe's career has reached its pinnacle is based on my assessment of Kobe. It has nothing to do with anyone else. Im not saying that ANYone at 27-28 has already reached or passed their prime. Im saying, i dont see Kobe getting BETTER. He hasnt shown the type of attitude that would allow him to. He's a big fuckin baby. It takes a mature, humble man to understand that theyll have to change their game completely at some point to stay at a top level (for a player who relies so much on athletism). Jordan understood that...i dont see Kobe that way. Yeah, Kobe has been a good player. He has been one of the better players in the league during the last 5 years or so, one of the best....as was Larry Johnson for the first half of his career. How many of you guys even know who the fuck he is now? lol. Yeah he has half a career left ahead of him. But we've had people on here comparing him to Jordan...and saying he is on the same level for a career. If those Laker....i mean, Kobe fans can make a judgement like THAT (insane) on only half a career...then i can say that i dont think he'll improve after this point. He will probably have a better year then last year. But he will never be the winner he was with Shaq...unless they bring him some BIG help like i said. The man just isnt a winner. He's a scorer...and thats it.

Man i'm a die-hard Laker fan but, seriously speaking, i'll never put Kobe on the same planet of Magic, just to give you an example. Magic was "Magic" since his NCAA days. He was the leader of every team he has played in, even when he plays pool or poker or chess, he's the leader. Them Lakers were totally built around the MAN Magic and the PLAYER Magic. He was the reason why them Lakers will be remembered forever as the "Showtime" team. Once i've said that, well.. i will say the same about Jordan. Jordan was insane. Too much for the 27-years old Kobe. But i aint Nostradamus: i dont know if Kobe has reached his full potential yet, i'm curious to see that. I will see that. For sure. I wanna know if he's got the Magic in him, like my avatar says. But i aint judging his career from 1 year. Last year the first half of Kobe's career (the Shaq-era with 3 rings and a half) ended, and a new one (the let's rebuilt a contender team around Kobe) started. It's too early to judge the 2nd one. And it's obvious that the 2nd one will determine if he's got the Magic in him.

As for your Lebron statement. Im not even a Lebron fan. Im just saying i would take a player like Lebron over Kobe anyday to start my team with. Lebrons biggest problem coming into the league was being TOO unselfish. A problem Kobe has never had i guarentee lol. Lebron's game will improve more then likely from this point on. Kobe's probably wont (as he is half done). NIK was arguing it, so i just put up a quote from the most respected Laker of all time.

Magic didnt say LeBron is right now better than Kobe, or that he'd rather select LeBron over Kobe to start a franchise. Just to be precise. He said LeBron entered the League being already a "real" NBA player, with an NBA body, with an NBA mentality, with the charisma a champion needs to be respected by the media. He's special, i do agree. But i'd take Kobe over him all day all night, cause i'm a Laker fan, and cause i think Kobe is a better SG who already proved in the first half of his career he's a winner.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 05:36:40 AM by ACB »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2005, 10:05:10 AM »
And a lot of these Laker fans tend to get real sensitive and emotional when u diss Kobe lol. Like he's their lover....

that's b/c you're a moron/hater & give these cliche rips on kobe "he doesn't pass the ball".."kobe is selfish" man,shut the fuck up..he's a 3 time champion & you're drinking that haterrade..stop acting like a bitch..& kobe & jordan have won 3 straight championships..so i think is cool to mention him with jordan

And it's just like a kobe hater to judge him on what happend Last season..that's a bitch move...

It's hard to make ....chucky atkins,chris migm & all those other losers better...every team needs talent to win...some thing the lakers don't have do to the salary cap & we never sign anny young talent b/c of shaqs salary..so we just got to wait until the lakers have some money to spend to get talented players

Right now we could only depend on a coach coaching the lakers the right way (phil jax)...& players improving...& hopefully lamar will play better now that he's moving back to SF & some help from phil