Author Topic: Truth Hurts - Single Material  (Read 170 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Truth Hurts - Single Material
« on: June 13, 2002, 02:42:21 AM »
Which joints of her album do you think are gonna be good single material? I think "Real" is a good choice for the next single, nice beat supplied by Timbaland. "Hollywood" would also be a dope dope single, and it could be a dope video too. Dre and Truth have some great chemistry on this song and I think this song could blow her up even more so than "Addictive", with Dre's company and all. Another dope single could be "I'm Not Really Lookin'". Quik is dope as fuck on this song, i'm guessing he produced it too, the beat is really laid back, something dope to bump in the summer which could also be ideal for the next single seeing as summer's here.
What's everyone else's views?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Truth Hurts - Single Material
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 03:45:11 AM »
Yea, If Having "Im Not Really Looking" On Repeat For About 2 Hours Means That A Person Loves The Track Then Thats Me!  ;D

Possible Singles :

2nd) "Im Not Really Looking"/ "Real" - Both Could Blow Up Over The Summer

3rd) This Needs To Be A Single To Attract The Tailend Of The Market, Something Soulful/Slower Kinda Like "This Feeling" (Kinda Like Mary J Did With 'No Mo Drama') - But Id Have To Think More About Whether This Would be The Right Track For It.

I Wouldve Said The Track With R. Kelly, Becasue He Has A Large Following But With The Case Over Him - It Could Backfire And Not Sell Like It Would. It Depends...

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

lbc213

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 04:02:23 AM »
I'm not really lookin (best track) & the truth (I think the R Kelly thing won't have such an influence on the sales, its still a great track)

peeeeez

-lbc213-

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 04:10:03 AM »
My Fav. 2 would have to be "Hollywood" first... Wow, incredible song, great concept, great beat, really open... the beat stops, Dre and Truth spit like conceptual lines and stuff, it's great.  Dre sounds like I've never heard him sound, too... it all just fits in the song perfect.  Dre almost sounds like Nas or Method man, LOL.  Really strange.

"The Truth" would be a dope single, but it'll never happen since R. Kelly does the hook.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 05:13:24 AM »
2nd) "Im Not Really Looking"/ "Real" - Both Could Blow Up Over The Summer