Author Topic: West Coast hip hop clothes  (Read 335 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Re: West Coast hip hop clothes
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 06:05:32 PM »
the picture above ^ are "khakis" and some consider them only to be that beige color

I consider that material in whatever color "khakis", in my mind if it's the same pants as above but a different color, I'd call em blue khakis for instance, but some only consider khakis that original color

but when I said I wear khakis, ya, it's pretty much just any color of baggy pants that is made of that "dress pants"-like material
^True...I've got blue & black ones so it's all good no matter what color... 8)

gator313

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 06:38:51 PM »
khakis and a t-shirt   is my  thang

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 11:08:24 PM »
Pendleton used to be cool.

Now?  not so much.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 12:12:53 AM »
Khaki is actually a color, so if you wanna be accurate, Khakis can only be beige-like.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 03:11:36 AM »
LA doesn't really have too much trademark stuff. Pro 5 t-shirts are kinda takin over Pro Clubs right now. We basically dress just like Chicago and sorta like NY, just with modified style. A NY cat will have on a regular Yankees hat but have it straight with a flat brim coverin his eyes, with a loooooong ass white tee with some jeans n forces. A typical LA cat will have on a straightfoward hat with the brim curved, or either wear it backwards or cocked, and usually it'll be a LA dodgers hat but it might be somethin representin his set or just somethin random, and he'll ONLY have on a pro club or pro 5 t shirt, and he will prolly have on forces but possibly some jordans or somethin else. LA dudes wear chucks but not like you would think, you don't really see dudes wearin em that much because it makes em targets.  You barely ever see bandanas. You don't see jerseys at all anymore. You see a lotta button ups, even gangbangers wear the dressy button ups a lot now. You see a lotta dudes wearin Dickies shorts but u don't see em wearin regular dickies too much.

We don't really have any brand names like Roc-a-wear or enyce or any of that. But what can u expect, NY is the fashion capital for Hip Hop culure. We haven't had anything trademark to LA since the 90s wit khakis chucks n pendleton/plaid type shirts. White tees replaces the pendletons. Some trademarks are such as slouch socks, but you don't see it too much. For females I'm seein a LOT of girls wear gold belts, I donno y.

'EclipZe

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2005, 05:30:10 AM »
so if dickie's is a hiphop brand, why do all skaters in netherlands walk with it lol... my country is weird.

SGV

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 05:50:14 AM »
so if dickie's is a hiphop brand, why do all skaters in netherlands walk with it lol... my country is weird.

Cuz its not a true Hip Hop brand.

Intriago33

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 05:52:24 AM »
You can get Joker shit from;

www.jokerbrand.com - or they gots a European site (with nothin on atm, new stock is August) - www.jokerbrand.net

I found this site bout a year back, might interest some people - http://www.nautiks.com/index.htm - mainly hand-painted tee's from the Bay Area.

mauzip

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 05:57:52 AM »
Why do you wanna wear the same clothes your favorite rappers do? I always wear what I like and I could care less if my favorite rapper wears the same brand or not.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2005, 06:36:02 AM »
Do you want brand names or just the west coast style? I don't know the style cause I'm not from Cali, but as for brands, there is Makaveli and Gawtti. That is really all I can think of now.

Intriago33

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 06:51:56 AM »
What's up with the FabriCali online store?

They used to have some tee's, they closed the store and have re-opened it with jus the black Westcoast Tee for about 2 months now. FabriCali seem like they got some nice designs.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
Do you want brand names or just the west coast style? I don't know the style cause I'm not from Cali, but as for brands, there is Makaveli and Gawtti. That is really all I can think of now.

oh yea...i saw that..Makaveli...with 2pac on it...some shirts were really cool!