Author Topic: My best beats :D  (Read 404 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My best beats :D
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 08:12:58 AM »
yes, please

hmm okay... how long do you want it to be? there will prolly not be a chorus in..

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 12:24:20 PM »
listened to your 3 snippets on SC. I can't really judge em fully because they are so short but I can give some advice and feedback.

What you need:

1) Better sounds. Your instruments are very basic and sound like the built in MIDI sounds on most soundcards. You don't need Triton/Motif/Fantom sounds but there are better sounds than the ones you're using. What program do you use?

2) Some humanizing. Beat 1 has that staccatto  ryhthm but every  hit is exactly the same velocity. It makes it feel plastic and computery instead of organic and natural. This also applies to quantizaion. Humans are not exactly perfect in timing or velocity.

3) Song development. Non of these snippets showcase any ability to develop and move a song along. You need to do that. Think about song parts and how to transition from one part to the next. It's also a good habit to finish beats. It's a tough habit for some (like me) but it's a skill a lot of so-called "serious" beat makers never get past.

Whats good:

I can hear you at least keep eveything in key thats important. I also respect that you aren't sampling. If you can learn to track without a sample, it will make you that much better if you ever do flip a sample.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 12:45:17 PM »
listened to your 3 snippets on SC. I can't really judge em fully because they are so short but I can give some advice and feedback.

What you need:

1) Better sounds. Your instruments are very basic and sound like the built in MIDI sounds on most soundcards. You don't need Triton/Motif/Fantom sounds but there are better sounds than the ones you're using. What program do you use?

2) Some humanizing. Beat 1 has that staccatto  ryhthm but every  hit is exactly the same velocity. It makes it feel plastic and computery instead of organic and natural. This also applies to quantizaion. Humans are not exactly perfect in timing or velocity.

3) Song development. Non of these snippets showcase any ability to develop and move a song along. You need to do that. Think about song parts and how to transition from one part to the next. It's also a good habit to finish beats. It's a tough habit for some (like me) but it's a skill a lot of so-called "serious" beat makers never get past.

Whats good:

I can hear you at least keep eveything in key thats important. I also respect that you aren't sampling. If you can learn to track without a sample, it will make you that much better if you ever do flip a sample.

I'm glad you are taking your time to listen and give me some feedback...

1) Yea i also think myself that i could find or make better sounds... but i think its hard... i use Reason 2.5..

2) im not sure what you mean on this one... you mean that the melody is the same sound all the time?..

3) i have it the same way... cuz i do feel that none of my beats could be use for a track.. but remember i just make some beats for fun, never really wanted them to be used for tracks.. my big brother is a good producer.. so i just got the program from him and tried to make beats...

I'm glad that there is a "Whats good:" part :) since i know that im not so good at making beats, and since i just make them for fun, its good to know that there are good things in them hehe...

can i hear some of your beats?

oh and btw. you said that its hard to judge them because they are small snippets... well thats all i made... i just made those loops... i have tried to go on and tried to make a whole beat, with chorus and shit... but it never really worked out

NFX

• 'G'
  • Warbeats.com
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 04:12:29 PM »
Check my soundclick page:  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=41299

"Six Million Ways" is my latest

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 07:52:38 AM »
Check my soundclick page:  http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=41299

"Six Million Ways" is my latest

nice shit you got there... Six Million Ways is tight.... Wessup is also bangin! keep up the good work

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2005, 09:59:19 AM »
yes, please

How long do you want it to be?

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2005, 12:11:38 PM »
2 bar intro/8bar corous/16bar verse/8bar courous/verse/courous/verse/courous/ 2 bar outro

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2005, 12:59:55 AM »
2 bar intro/8bar corous/16bar verse/8bar courous/verse/courous/verse/courous/ 2 bar outro

this will prolly be a very stupid question hehe... but how long is 1 bar?... btw, the courous will be the same beat as in the verse..