Author Topic: KURUPT DROPPING AN ALBUM ON DPGR?  (Read 279 times)

Juice

KURUPT DROPPING AN ALBUM ON DPGR?
« on: June 10, 2002, 11:25:23 PM »
Kurupt will be dropping an album on DPG/ANTRA/OCF/NAVARRE this Winter. The tentative title is YOUNG GOTTI AGAINST THE GRAIN. The first single will be Gangsta Prerogative. This song is featured as a bonus song on the new Daz album. Be sure to check it out! We will keep you posted with further developments on this.
Source: DPGRecordz Site.

Now.. to reply to Overseer's post about Daz dissing Kurupt in his album.. wassup with that? Like i told you all.. it's just entertainment. We are talking about them, and they are promoting their cds. IMO.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: KURUPT DROPPING AN ALBUM ON DPGR?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 12:06:18 AM »
daz had announced this couple weeks ago. he also said kurupt wont see any $$$ out of this album. so he's basically pullin' a Suge Knight with this move, same with crooked I ' album. AND, he is callin' the albums THE SAME as tha row wanted to. Tha row's crooked I album was supposed to be called Say Hi To The Bad Guy. THe dpgrec one will be called Say Hi To THe Bad Guy Vol.1.

peeace

oh and i agree: its all entertainment.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 12:20:41 AM »
i bet the DPG crooked I will be better than the row one. i cant stand sisqo, jarule or shit like that. the DPG release should be straight gangsta incl. appearances by daz, kurupt, soopafly, lil c style, mac shawn... the whole old DPG rec roster from the deathrow days!  ;D

Juice

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 02:34:50 AM »
Yo Nima. I dont trust 100% Daz on this one. I mean.. have you read it well?

Kurupt will be dropping an album on DPG/ANTRA/OCF/NAVARRE this Winter.
Two things:
1) I dont think it's possible for Daz to release an album without paying Kurupt at all. It looks like tha same thing happened with Dillinger & Makaveli. One thing is to record a track in Daz's studio, letting him produce it. And totally another thing is to sell the track and the right to Daz to let him release the track. Kurupt (and Pac) probably did just the first thing, but it's just 1 step. Daz needs the 2nd one to officially release the album. The only thing i think he has the rights to do is to make an album with leftovers of Dillinger & Young Gotti or of another album the two rappers planned to release on DPG Recordz. But, like i said, that's just the 1st step. Daz CAN release the album legally, but he HAS to pay Kurupt for it. Do you all remember DPG 2002? Death Row released it. And, like DPG said, DR paid them. Cause DR had the rights to release the album, but they had to pay DPG too. I think it's the same here. The artist is ALWAYS the one who gets money 100% sure.

2) I dont think Kurupt will release an album on Antra without getting paid. And Navarre. Daz will probably just sell the rights of DPG Recordz tracks made by/with Kurupt, to Antra & Navarre. But Kurupt will get paid, no matter what! I think that's exactly like Daz wanting to sell Outlawz tracks to the Lawz. Nothing is sure yet. Too much confusion, like ever when it's Daz making moves. We will see.

Funkadelic

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 02:38:54 AM »
Time will show whether this will ever be released. I'm pretty sure that Kurupt won't like the release of the cd.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 03:41:09 AM »
daz had announced this couple weeks ago. he also said kurupt wont see any $$$ out of this album

didnt daz said kurupt wont see money for the tracks off this is the life i lead? kurupt is signed to antra so he is gettin paid fo sho. i think antra is pissed cuz kurupt signed to sugabear aswell. now they deal with daz to piss him off. maybe antra dont have enough kurupt material to release another album but i guess DAZ got that material. hehe

teecee

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2002, 08:18:40 AM »
I think the ROw Crooked I album will be blazin, featuring Ashanti, Nas, and more.....and actually, i like SO Damn Hood even if it does feature Sisqo....

DPGC2001

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2002, 11:42:48 AM »
I don't trust Daz...I'm still waiting for that Daz and Ghetto G ;D