Author Topic: Any Other "Oz" Fanatics Out There Feelin The Soundtrack They Released In 00?  (Read 96 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I never had HBO but I've became a huge fan of the show watching it on DVD.  So I bought the album just recently, It had a few gems on there. 

-Kurupt and Nate Dogg come correct on the opening track and establish the tone for the whole album.  That song is a 10, no doubt the best song on the album, Kurupt is in top form.

-the next best track is probably Devin the Dude's joint.  This song is really personal and it's a perfect marriage for the show, touches on Devin writing letters to his homeboy in prison telling him he'll be there when he gets out.

-Krazy Bone has an ill joint on the soundtrack, it's really laid back, just singin the jailhouse blues.

-Snoop has a decent song on there, nothing too special

-And lastly, Talib Kweli has a joint on there that's rapped over the theme music, and fanatics of the show would like this track.

............that's about it, nothing too special, but true fans of the series should appreciate the album.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J Bananas

Yeah man I love this shit, the show got a little too gay for me but damn, wu tang, pharoahe monch, krayzie bone, styles p all had bangin songs, and that kurupt hit behind the walls from there too. i like the oz sample that talib and kool g rap used.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Yeah man I love this shit, the show got a little too gay for me but damn, wu tang, pharoahe monch, krayzie bone, styles p all had bangin songs, and that kurupt hit behind the walls from there too. i like the oz sample that talib and kool g rap used.

No doubt.  Very solid soundtrack.

I know I'm way late with this thread.  I remember the Kurupt and Nate video being on about 5 years ago.  I didn't get to see the show until it came out on video, so I'm late on the Oz frenzy.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
the track Rza did was amazin