Author Topic: ozone and turbo from tha movie breakin! (where they at now? )  (Read 350 times)

RECOGNIZE187

ozone and turbo from tha movie breakin! (where they at now? )
« on: August 15, 2005, 08:21:55 PM »
do u remember this 2 ?   
just saw the movie again today ...
does anybody know what they are doing now? are they still dancing??
do u have some pictures of them??

remember that eastcoast had beat street...but the westcoast had breakin! also ice-t is in this movie...
i love this movie really...!saw it like 20 times!

turbo i think is around 45 today...and ozone is around 50 i think!

peace

mrtonguetwista

Re: ozone and turbo from tha movie breakin! (where they at now? )
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 08:40:29 PM »
lol

The Predator

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 08:43:55 PM »
heres a link to a turbo interview what he looks like now and what hes been up to and talks about breakin.
www.onecypher.com/interviews/turbo/turbo.htm

Ozone (who couldnt really bodypop) came in a few movies like Lambada n shit..Turbo was a bad boy breakerwho remembers that lil kid doing the headspins he looked like midget with a moustache pretending to be a kid in breakin 1 or 2.

Cheesy hollywood cashing in but there's some cool shit in there like the spanish elektro rod breaker who challenged wack ass ozone on the beach where Jean Claude van Damne was dancing in his spandex on the side anyway that spanish cat did that bad ass robotic lightning bolt move to the sound effect of some battlestar galactica type electro sound effect...Best breaking move ever. Turbo doing the bad ass broomstick dance to the classic 'Tour De France' beat, ice-t breaking records with hammers..that white chick even though i and every other schoolboy wanted to bang her back then. But she couldnt dance for shit she was that 'racist' exploit thing in the film...

Breaking II, DIN DA DA DIN DO DO...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 08:53:21 PM by The Predator »

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 08:48:08 PM »

lol

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 08:54:58 PM »
lol.. dam.. all i gotta say is Breakin 2 was corny.. well the first is corny too but not AS corny.. gotta love Breakin though

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 09:12:32 PM »
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/63.html check out the second dude

whiteboy was pretty damn good lol

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 09:25:54 PM »
heres a link to a turbo interview what he looks like now and what hes been up to and talks about breakin.
www.onecypher.com/interviews/turbo/turbo.htm

PROPS MAN!!!! really thankz a lot!
i mean yea, the movie is not like a oscar type of movie...but it's special...it's sumthin about breakin...i grew up with that movie!

Well yea, ozone was not so good at electric boogie, but he was doing locking...he was the one who did the locking first,he had a group called the lockers in 70's!

that spanish guy (electro rock) was dancing on the barkays-freak show on the dancfloor! and he was playin in michael jacksons movie Captain EO also...as a dancer...

well,,,does anybody know whats up with ozone this days? i forgot his real name...i heard he broke his neck a few years ago, don't know if it's true!

it's good to see some of u feelin tha movie 8) :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 09:28:13 PM by RECOGNIZE187 »

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 10:00:29 PM »
^^^Adolfo "Shabba Do" Quinones

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 08:09:57 PM »
Ozone is Shabba Doo, and Turbo's name is Boogaloo Shrimp. They are a part of a L.A./Bay Culture called Funk Styles that was started in the 60s. This Style of dance (Popping, Locking, Hitting, Tutting, Waving, Snaking, Strutting, and Electric Boogalooing) existed on the West waaaaaay B4 Hip Hop, But New York used to watch Soul Train bite our Style (like they do today) change it a little bit and BOOOM! "We invented Breakdancing and the West coast suckers are biting our style." 

WEST COAST PEOPLE PLEASE LEARN YOUR HISTORY BECAUSE STREET DANCING STARTED IN THE WEST COAST
                                                    BLACKS AND MEXICANS BE PROUD OF OUR WEST COAST LEGENDS
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 08:15:16 PM »
The Mexican dude is Pop n Taco from FANCY Dancers Crew and the Black dude from Electrorock was Poppin Pete from the Electric Boogaloos.
 for more info go to  www.4dapoppers.com
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

Matty

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 12:10:20 AM »
electricboogaloos.com <- dope dancers

pop n taco also on another level and formerly with the boogaloos