Author Topic: The 25 Greatest MCs of All Time... 3  (Read 268 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The 25 Greatest MCs of All Time... 3
« on: August 23, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
3. Nas

Strongest album: Illmatic

Had this list been done in 2001, people would riot at this high of a position. Funny that we almost every artist in here has had that bad album, Rakim had the Master, 2Pac has everything since his death, Ice Cube has the Peace Disc, and so on, we hated Nas for Nastadamus. No matter, in late 2001, he released Stillmatic, crushed Jay-Z who after Takeover seemed to have the crown of New York on his head, and killed all critics. The margin of number 4 and 3 was very close, but Nas got better than Big because Illmatic is one of the few albums you can say was better than Ready to Die. It was very close. But cement Nas's spot as one of the greatest rappers ever, his battle with Jay-Z put Nas at a level that no active living rapper can compare with. Nas was always the great hope that people felt would bring Hip-Hop back to it's Goldyn Era. In 1994, Illmatic had people proclaiming Nas the next Rakim, and Illmatic was his Paid In Full. Nas continuted the trend with It Was Written, and I Am... With that, Nas was a top rap superstar, and his skillz were the most respected of all rappers living. With his slump though, no one could imagion Nas coming out of it. Then he shocked the world with Stillmatic. Though known for it's verbal lashing at Jay-Z, Nas also took a few shots at the United States government, in hopes of starting a new Hip-Hop movement post-9-11. Though no other artist followed the lead until 3 years later with the election at stake, Nas continued to be himself. God's Son and Street Disciple followed, and Nas is the one to beat in a battle if you want to prove yourself. A rap legend, and newest member to be an elder statesman, Nas has nothing left to prove. From Illmatic to now, Nas's skillz are second to no one in his active career's lifetime. The profit is the best rapper since 'Pac got shot, no questions asked.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The 25 Greatest MCs of All Time... 3
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 10:32:42 AM »
Pac then Rakim  :D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 10:36:55 AM »
I don't think the Master isnt good.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rafsta

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:33:24 PM »
im really sick of people sayin nas is better than biggie... consider voice, flow, charisma and rhymes, nas has no chance. only other thing to consider is content...

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 12:49:36 PM »
props for the list so far,nice to read  8)

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 01:02:21 PM »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 02:42:23 PM »
im really sick of people sayin nas is better than biggie... consider voice, flow, charisma and rhymes, nas has no chance. only other thing to consider is content...

"sick", come on. I prefer Nas´ voice, I think flow is easily better, and his rhyme structures being more complex and based on a larger vocab is not even a matter of opinion...Hate Me Now

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 05:32:09 PM »
Good spot for Nas (though I personally have him ranked as #2 all time, behind Pac).
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 08:21:50 PM »
this is exacly my top 5

5. B.I.G
4. Cube
3. Nas
2. Pac
1. Rakim

8)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 08:45:51 PM »

nas is easily better than biggie
NO MORE WAR

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 09:18:27 AM »
2pac has no wack albums...His posuthums albums dont count, he wasnt alive to make those records.

Nas is easily in my top 5, even though he isnt very consitent.

1.2pac
2.Rakim
3.DJ Quik
4.Ice Cube
5.Nas

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 05:58:41 PM »

nas is easily better than biggie

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 06:03:02 PM »
2pac has no wack albums...His posuthums albums dont count, he wasnt alive to make those records.

Yeah how can you count tha ones after he died. They changed his beats and added some wack ass artists, and replaced tha ones that deserved 2 be their.