Author Topic: Katrina kills at least 55 in Mississippi alone...still looking for casualties  (Read 307 times)

UAK

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/30/katrina/index.html

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (CNN) -- Rescuers worked through the night to reach hundreds of people stranded after Hurricane Katrina ripped across the Gulf Coast killing dozens of people, destroying countless homes and leaving more than a million people without power in three states.

And authorities said they would not be able to reach some of the hardest-hit areas until first light on Tuesday.

The storm is blamed for at least 68 deaths and that toll is almost certain to rise. Mississippi officials said at least 55 people were killed there, including 30 who were killed in an apartment complex near the Biloxi beach. idiots ::) Alabama reported two deaths. The storm killed 11 people last week when it made its initial landfall in Florida.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this sucks so hard. I hope things dont get worse.

ppl think they can control and abuse nature, which is often true.. but sometimes, it's not.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 03:58:49 PM by 7even the Opinion Maker »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Suga Foot

fuck that bitch

If you can, log onto www.RedCross.org and donate to help the people devastated by this storm.  The Red Cross is a great organization with very low overhead costs, they are one of the best uses for any charity money you might want to give to this disaster. 

Your local Rotary Club has NO overhead costs.  You actually have to pay to be a member.  IMO that's the best charity to give to.  If you give 100 dollars, 100% of that goes to charity.

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
fuck that bitch

If you can, log onto www.RedCross.org and donate to help the people devastated by this storm.  The Red Cross is a great organization with very low overhead costs, they are one of the best uses for any charity money you might want to give to this disaster. 

Your local Rotary Club has NO overhead costs.  You actually have to pay to be a member.  IMO that's the best charity to give to.  If you give 100 dollars, 100% of that goes to charity.
lol

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
just saw it on the news again :o man they're on some Day After Tomorrow shit

Woodrow

Also remember,

The International Committee of the Red Cross IS NOT  The same as the American Red Cross. Donate to the American Red Cross.

Sikotic™

My aunt and her family barely escaped alive. They were one of the stupid people, staying put and thinking nothing would happen. They lost all their homes and everything.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4201480.stm

wow..could be thousands dead...New Orleans is mad fucked
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008