Author Topic: "Fuck Bootleger's"  (Read 397 times)

Nino_Brown

Re: "Fuck Bootleger's"
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2002, 01:03:48 AM »
fuck bootleggers
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2002, 01:32:50 AM »
I only burn compilations, and yeah, i buy the original albums then burn them for my friends then i can make money out of buying a record, i don't care what u think but at least i make my money back for buying the original in the first place.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2002, 01:33:51 AM »
Here's something that I posted up over at the outbound connection yesterday, it's pretty relevant to this topic:

My name is "Stitch" and I'm a bootlegger. If that's what you want to call me. But I don't download albums from the net to sell. I'm not the guy with the table set up on 125th street with the fake full color CD packaging that looks just like the original. I don't have an "in" at the studio who supplies me with a digital perfect copy of the album along with bonus tracks which is duplicated at a full scale production operation.

Nah... it's for my own personal stash. Of course, I share my stash with my crew, and they share it with their peeps and so on and so on. Just call it "crew love."

And me and my crew get everything. Of course, we had Eminem's new joint like 2 months ago. And Jay's joint – my man copped the unmastered version of that one and downloaded it again once Jay tried to flip the script and change tracks on us.

It's not that deep if you know where to go and who to roll with. Yeah, Napster (RIP) was great, Audiogalaxy is all good and Kazaa is nifty to – but these are for the mainstream. It gets more hardcore than this. See, me and my crew, we get a rush from digging real deep and cracking *#@% wide open. Then, we stamp our name on that joint and send it out for the world to experience.

We hear all the talk from the RIAA and Hilary "Ho" Rosen about how bootlegging is bad business. Bootlegging is music industry business – how do you think this stuff is getting out there? It's the thriving, pulsating underbelly of American business – how do you think the Rockefeller's got rich? Dude, don't get it twisted.

These cats just don't understand. We do it for fun. We do it for the challenge. We do it for the people. Call us your "super-millennium consumer advocate." We believe that the consumer shouldn't consume unless he's consumed first and tasted the goods. They offer free samples in K-Mart all the time and nobody complains. We test drive cars before we buy them. We have sex before marriage to make sure the goods are in order. Sampling is the American way.

Hilary and the labels are anti-American. They're fascist. They want to shove this garbage music down our throats and pay radio stations to brainwash us. They want us to spend our hard earned money on a $20 album when we've only heard like 2 hit songs out of the 15 tracks. It's a recession damnit! People are unemployed! And we choose where we're gonna spend our dough.

Trying to "crack down" on bootlegging is like trying to stunt free will. Yeah, they might have killed Napster, and they might be suing Kazaa and Audiogalaxy, but they can't stop the hustle. And we already cracked those bullshit Music disc copyright protection schemes (Cactus Data Shield 100/200 and Key2Audio) by using a basic felt tip marker pen and/or electrical tape to cover up the outer ring of the audio disc.

The fact is that nothing can stop a movement once it's started. They couldn't stop British defectors from founding America, they couldn't stop the Civil Rights Movement and the "Free Music" movement won't be stopped. We forced the industry to push up Jay-Z and Eminem. They're just scrambling to keep up. But they'll never stop this.

The industry needs to stop blaming bootlegging for the decline in sales and focus on creating quality *#@%! If it weren't for bootlegging and the Internet, the music industry would probably be dead right now. Wake up... people aren't buying music because you're putting out garbage! That's as simple as it is.

Power to the people!

("Stitch" is a righteous 23 year old from Nevada who is part of a worldwide bootlegging crew called CMS. He "bootlegs" hundreds of songs on a weekly basis, but admits he bought Eminem this week to get the original album artwork and free DVD.)

(Source: sohh.com)

I wouldn't exactly call this guy a bootlegger, I mean he doesn't seem to sell the material he gets, he shares. If his friends sell the stuff he gives to them on then thats their problem, not his. I do the exact same as him, if I d/l a full album to sample (like I have done with Jay's, Em's, Nas' and so on) i'll still cop it when it drops for the official artwork and/or anything else it comes with IF I really enjoy the album.  
Anyway, I thought this was quite an interesting read, and I know alot of people have gotten stuff from CMS here, including me.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2002, 03:05:09 AM »
fuck bootleggers

::)

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2002, 03:54:17 AM »
U know tho, wen an artist is signed to a label n shit, they get next to fuck all for the cd u buy. but if they put their own guys on the streets up and down the country selling burned albums for them, and say charged a fiver a time, then they pay their guy a quid for every copy they sell, thats 4 quid in their back pockets, 4 quid is a lot to get for an artist to get payed each album sold, so what the fuck? they get ppl sellin it b4 it's released commercially, so more ppl buy it coz they can get hold of it earlier....and heres the good bit...the material is copyrited by them...so they don't brake any laws!

think about that....

Hittman

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2002, 04:01:12 AM »
fuck bootleggers

Yeah Lets Kill Them All!!!  8)

KVB

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2002, 04:04:06 AM »

why buy something you dont like or dont know much about... when i bought cypress hills stoned raiders... i didn't know shit about the album... so i checked out some reviews... all  really good reviews... it was even chosen to be one of the best albums of last year... so i d/l some songs.... loved em... 10 minutes later, i was in my car headed for the record store...

if i thought it was crap... than i wouldn't have bought it...

-Big BpG

Word, that's my mentality too... "Stoned Raiders" was a dope album BTW.

UPINSMOKETOUR

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2002, 04:39:40 AM »
FUCK THE BOOTLEGER >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2002, 05:27:44 AM »

::)

LOL... toby tizzle my nizzle knows what he wizzants!

I'm thankful for Scott leakin all those unreleased Death Row music... I don't care if he sold it or just leaked it... they'll never get released!
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

So Much Style

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2002, 06:02:32 AM »
well when restless came out, no one at my school hardly knew who xzibit was at all, i let them listen to it , i let htem hear "X", "dont approach me" and "get your walk on" and next thing you know $8 in my pocket (those were the good ol' days when i cold charge that much cuase no one else burned)

but im saying   now when man vs. machine comes out im sure alot of those guys will buy it cause they know who xzibit it and all....

im just selling cds to make a living, like devin im jus tryin to live, knamsayinnnnnnnnnnn
So much style back at it again