Author Topic: My Opinion: Chronic & Doggystyle  (Read 633 times)

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: My Opinion: Chronic & Doggystyle
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2002, 09:01:45 PM »
i agree with this whole topic basiscally
back then, in 92 aroudn there earlier, rap was about the talent and what you can express, now like everyone else is saying its all about ice and cars. the rapper should know by now that we know they have fancy cars and expensive nice ice
also tho any rapper should be able to do a party song and thats all good, but now its all about becoming the next big thing without that much talent but just becoming pop
rapping about whats goin on and making it sound good is a much better way of hip hop
criminal 999 that song was "the day the niggaz took over"
that was a tight song and it expressed stuff about the riots and what was goin on
the thing is, the expression doesnt matter to new rappers, its the money, if you look like a fool and make tons of money, then thats what they are looking for
i dunno, all i can say is rap has CHANGED
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2002, 10:17:18 AM »
on point in places, but the music didn't really sell coz it was true...it sold because of the content of the lyrics....thats all really. u might not agree with me, but thats still the reason rap sells so much...cos it appeals with the kids...SWEARIN is mainly what attracts most of the buyers, not quality of production or whatever...

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2002, 11:05:01 AM »
Yeah, I still agree with this, LOL.

The only part I would change is that snoop wasn't really a supertough crip, in my opinion.  He was a crip, but he wasn't out killin' people.  

But you're 100% right about the albums being there at the right place at the right time.  

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2002, 02:25:30 PM »
on point in places, but the music didn't really sell coz it was true...it sold because of the content of the lyrics....thats all really. u might not agree with me, but thats still the reason rap sells so much...cos it appeals with the kids...SWEARIN is mainly what attracts most of the buyers, not quality of production or whatever...

well kids may like the swearing in music..but it definatley isnt because of the content of the lyrics.. its the image and the production, that appeals to mainstream... thats like saying vanilla ice sold 10x million because of the contents of his lyrics
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2002, 03:56:59 PM »
:'(

hip hop being commercial is the fans's fault, they always wanna hear something different , they can't stick with a style , and when they change their style, well they want another style or the old style back, i mean what the fuck,i mean live  with it now...

by the way , i saw on the new XXl mag that a new group claiming they'll bring that shit back , that they tired of that soft shit .... and they copy nwa with a track called "fuck the F.B.I", i didn't heard it yet but  ::)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2002, 04:01:46 PM »
Yeah, I still agree with this, LOL.

The only part I would change is that snoop wasn't really a supertough crip, in my opinion.  He was a crip, but he wasn't out killin' people.  

But you're 100% right about the albums being there at the right place at the right time.  

don''t start trippin people, i ain't claimin that snoop his or was a killa but suge knight's bitch get a dirty cop to stole an important folder in the murder case and snoop didn't do time, so we don't know the truth , and many many murders ain't solve when they close them, maybe some  rollin 20 have some to do.... anyways u see the board, it's like britney spears sayin she's a virgin when shes not, it's because of the image. it ain't good.
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2002, 11:23:40 AM »
well kids may like the swearing in music..but it definatley isnt because of the content of the lyrics.. its the image and the production, that appeals to mainstream... thats like saying vanilla ice sold 10x million because of the contents of his lyrics

like it or not mate it's fact...most rap albums have always been bought by kiddiz...and kiddiz don't care about production and shit...as long as they're rappin about guns (which kidz luv) and swear...then it sells (to the kidz),

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2002, 12:58:14 PM »

like it or not mate it's fact...most rap albums have always been bought by kiddiz...and kiddiz don't care about production and shit...as long as they're rappin about guns (which kidz luv) and swear...then it sells (to the kidz),

you are wrong my friend...look at what has been selling lately...nelly, ja rule, jay z, ludacris...and they aint rappin bout no gunz man!

yes youth buys hip hop, but they like catchy toons and an artist that have character... if what you are saying is right, mack 10 would be sellin5x platinum.. GANGSTA rap has not been selling in the past few years
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

UPINSMOKETOUR

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2002, 07:42:31 AM »
mean i hate this  Nu metal bands who are using rap cuz its poulære (Linking park)

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2002, 07:48:35 AM »
These two albums mark a point in music history that has not been matched in Hip Hop since their debuts ... why though? There have been albums out since then that have matched just as much glory, but truthfully an honestly, even the "so called" king of rap, 2pac, could have never come close to what these albums represent and this how I feel about it:

Back in 92 I would say the America was going through some tough times with street violence, racism, freedom, and prejudice. There was no doubt that trouble loomed throughout. Most of us now are in our late teens, but we all remember the classes where the local officer would came in and talked about the importance of gangs ... It was an issue back then that scared americas streets. L.A. was a big issue, probably the biggest, but besides all the turmoil surrounding the issues I believe that if these two albums had come out at a different time, it would have been different. Here we have Dr. Dre, great producer, but young man from Comptom, who grew up in the hood, lived life hard, and was able to get out. Then we have Snoop... tough crip, drug dealer, 22 plater nickel owner, and one tough ass teen. These two guys busted out of their shells and came out with some dope ass music, but personally to me, when I think about those albums, I think about "Rodney King" , I think about marches in the streets, riots over powers, I think about Public Enemy ... It was the voices of our U.S. government, and the voices of the people who lived the life. When the albums came out, no one had heard music like that, people loved or hated it. We were forced to put stickers on our CD's so children would know to stay away from them, government just tried to shut the music down, but they couldn't and thats because the music was so real!!! Since this point, I have not heard music so real, so fresh, so on point, rap has been corrupted, by sexy women, wrists full of glitter, background dancers, money, cars, and popularity. When Juvenile came out, his music was the same way, but when the money came his away, his music turned to "we got dat fire." Rap doesn't express a meaning anymore, its not used to express, its used for ego. Look at Jay-Z, he has motorcycles, but Silk and Master got hummas, and blah blah we bout dat. The truth has died from the music and when its there it brings success, example, Eminem, that boy keeps it real, J5, Black Eye Peas, Dilated Peoples, Nas, Outkast, Scarface, they are the truth in Hip Hop, but everyone else, just blankets it with glitter. When Chronic and Doggystyle came out, words, expression and music like that had never been express on one full album from track 1 to track 20. Dre and Snoop, yes they have been caught up in the corruption of rap, but they also know where their roots are, and they understand the difference between now and past. They still make some tight ass music, but truly all that real undeinable truth is missing from their albums, they have it, but just not enough. I  

Damn .... hope i didn't bore you, just letting off some thoughts.

First time I read this, great post, there's some good points there & alot of them I agree with.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2002, 11:25:26 AM »
you are wrong my friend...look at what has been selling lately...nelly, ja rule, jay z, ludacris...and they aint rappin bout no gunz man!

ah...but that's where pop rap cums into it...^all 4 u just sed are pop rap.

PLANT

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2002, 04:24:09 PM »
good article and a tight read BPG...we need more threads like this where people are actually putting thier thoughts down for real ;)