Author Topic: Questions about PS3  (Read 163 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Questions about PS3
« on: December 07, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »
I'm looking to get one just after Christmas as part of my entertainment system and I have a few questions.

Can you access your home computer's hard drive through wi-fi with the PS3?
Basically I want access to a hard drive to play video on my television and music through my sound system and I figured that might be the best way.  If that is not possible, would a portable hard drive connected to the USB ports on the PS3 be the next best thing?  That is possible, right?  I think that would be cheaper than putting a larger hard drive in the PS3.
My third option is I would run a DVI-to-HDMI cable from my desktop hard drive to my receiver to play everything that way.

E. J. Rizo

Re: Questions about PS3
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »
you are on the right track...you can do any of the 3 methods above.... first method requires software on your computer tho to make it a media server

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Questions about PS3
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 07:43:39 AM »
you are on the right track...you can do any of the 3 methods above.... first method requires software on your computer tho to make it a media server

I think I'll just get the external hard drive.  I found this deal for a 500GB hard drive that seems pretty good, the price isn't too much and I found mostly good reviews on it.