Author Topic: Anyone looking forward to Babyshambles' Album?  (Read 209 times)

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
Re: Anyone looking forward to Babyshambles' Album?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 12:07:04 PM »
When they played Reading last month they had to turn away thousands from the tent.

You got Limewire? All the songs are on that. Demo tracklist is: A Certain Romance, Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts, Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, Dancing Shoes, Fake Tales..., Mardy Bum, Still Take You Home & Scummy. ALL of them are worth checking out. See if you can hunt out Choo Choo, Cigarette Smoke, and From The Ritz To The Rubble. They have some other songs floating about but all the ones I've listed are worth downloading.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 06:44:25 AM »
Arctic Monkeys are dope..."Fake Tales of San Francisco" is not even my favorite track, "Mardy Bum", "Riot Van", almost everything I got from kazaa is very nice

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 06:52:00 AM »
Thing is... Doherty wrote most of if not all of the bigger libertines stuff... but yeah.. he's a nutter..

babyshambles just got voted the worst live act of this summers festivals..

one of my best mates is a big time indie head (i've downloaded a lot of babyshambles stuff for him) and actually avoided going to see doherty at reading since he'd randomly cancelled a gig my mate had bought tickets for a few weeks earlier..

btw.. today in the star they claimed that Pete has married Kate Moss..

IF he sorted his head out and he stopped drinking etc then maybe he could be something...

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005, 08:13:53 AM »
He's a prick. Unfortunately he's a talented prick so I wouldn't want to wish death on him just yet. If he cleaned up his act I could see him putting together a decent album. Too much hype around him though, all these sweaty types looking for an idol, they'd all benefit from a good shoeing.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005, 08:15:45 AM »
Arctic Monkeys are dope..."Fake Tales of San Francisco" is not even my favorite track, "Mardy Bum", "Riot Van", almost everything I got from kazaa is very nice

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=78319.0

Thank me.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

ABN

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2005, 08:25:08 AM »
IF he sorted his head out and he stopped drinking etc then maybe he could be something...
fuck the drinkling problem he needs to stop smoking crack and injecting heroin. lmao when they had a gig in Norway he was arressted with crack,heroin,meth and some other shit on him lmao.

TNB

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2005, 10:07:14 AM »
Thanks again OiYou!!. I heard some tracks and was very impressed. Arctic Monkeys are going to be massive.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2005, 11:13:02 AM »

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=78319.0

Thank me.

thank you...

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 03:43:49 AM »
He's a prick. Unfortunately he's a talented prick so I wouldn't want to wish death on him just yet. If he cleaned up his act I could see him putting together a decent album. Too much hype around him though, all these sweaty types looking for an idol, they'd all benefit from a good shoeing.

I watched that documentary about him called "Who the fuck is pete doherty" on BBC3 about 2 weeks ago and learned a bit more.

In that they basically said that "the media" in their haste jumped on the Pete bandwagon before he was able to fully handle the attention.. in effect that they'd picked up on him too damn early...

I thought he was off the junk now.. Kate Moss (his wife now by some reports in the last few days..) bought him an implant that makes him have a violent reaction to heroin etc..  I believe this is the 2nd implant he's had..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 03:46:01 AM by Overseer »

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 08:26:51 AM »

I watched that documentary about him called "Who the fuck is pete doherty" on BBC3 about 2 weeks ago and learned a bit more.

In that they basically said that "the media" in their haste jumped on the Pete bandwagon before he was able to fully handle the attention.. in effect that they'd picked up on him too damn early...

I thought he was off the junk now.. Kate Moss (his wife now by some reports in the last few days..) bought him an implant that makes him have a violent reaction to heroin etc..  I believe this is the 2nd implant he's had..

I watched the same documentary and it opened my eyes up to nothing I didn't already know. He was just acting like your typical smackhead all the way through it. Been a famous rock star goes hand in hand with media attention, if he can't handle it when he's off the smack then he should just kill himself.
Well she moved in ways
Weeks and months it was

TNB

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2005, 02:33:54 PM »
If anyone is interested in the Babyshambles upcoming tour starting next week, the tour dates, venues and where to buy tickets can be found here:

http://www.nme.com/gigs

Diabolical

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005, 08:27:47 PM »
I really love the first Libertines album, i played it non stop when i got it but the second one was a massive let down.
It seemed like it was just thrown together quickly to make a last buck on all the attention they had been getting at the time.

It could have been great if some of the tracks were took off, a few of them are very weak.

Killamangiro was good but i think Fuck Forever just sounds crap.