Author Topic: Greatest MC of All Time?  (Read 1721 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Greatest MC of All Time?
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2005, 06:40:33 AM »
...and you can compare my lyric to your fav Ras Kass verse if you wanna, that should be easy since Razzy is one of the best lyricists IYO

(and Iīm not saying me > Ras or me = Ras, Iīd just be curious to see such a comparison by you)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2005, 06:42:15 AM »
Planet Asia, or Tash
fuck no lol

no, theyīre good too, but my hating ass still makes me wonder how you think theyīre GOAT...

lol, they're just my favs man, thats all.. I dont really regard any mc as goat

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2005, 06:52:29 PM »
Once again I see where you are coming from and even though I admitted ras kass lyrical weakness with displaying messages convincingly like pac or nas(reason why he put them over himself or at least for pac from what I remember);
In that case you'll have to limit your claim of him being one of the greatest lyricist ever to one of the greatest battle lyricists ever. Somebody who struggles to get his message through cannot be one of the greatest overall lyricists ever.

but I disagree with you on ras kass's flow of his rhymes. I believe any decent lyricist can spit ras's lyrics. I dont believe the problem lies in his writings skills, rather I believe it lies in his difficulities to express himself properly hence the emceeing part meaning flow, delivery, breath control, emotion, etc.

So can you recoginze shit is real
When I shove this ampex 4-9-9 up your rectum
I'm ready to bust every bitch niggas cherry
See these floods in January got me lookin' in the mirror
Screamin' Bloody Mary
Unnecessary representin', equal set trippin'
Divided by my tennis hoe pimpin'
Got all ya'll niggas dippin', like Lipton Tea Bags, son
His stilo Jeet Kune Do the way of the intercepting fist
Intercepting every sublimial dis
Geographic, prejudice against increments of incredulos legislature
Pschologically, I masturbate with the hands of fate
So bust nuts on Mother Nature coming on your landscape

are you an emcee ? (amateur or not)

try and flow that shit properly, it won't happen. of course you can put it on beat but whoever listens to it will tell you that somethings missing when you ask for constructive criticism or he'll tell you you were stressing the wrong words in a few parts, thinkin the lines / rhymes are structured different to what it seems like when you spit em (which is not the case).

I limit my claim of ras kass to being one of the greatest battle lyricists ever.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2005, 07:07:45 PM »
ok, so you just did what we could have done with the help of ohhla: you posted up lyrics. You did not point out what is supposed to be so exciting about them

As I stomp on the planet, I create earthquakes of humiliating exorbitance
wreaking havoc, my status is that of a saint sacrificed and born again
god help me, the epitome of church has a disease thatīs contagious
whitey defined religion, but the clerical depiction of Jesus is fallacious
so I get into your skin like schistosomiasis, with a pen Iīm outrageous
they built up a system of deceipt and sold us crack just to tame us
so I treat my metaphors like sour milk, spit em out from my esophagus
proclaiming sincerity with devotion, overdosing on the rawest stuff
and law is a euphemism for blatantly racially pejorative actions
thatīs why I scream fuck police and all my nigguz is packin
....etc

now, since Iīm just Kill the dubcc poster and Ras is Razzy the lyrical saint, I would like you to explain how my ^cheap keystyle imitation^ of your idol is shit (and Iīm not saying I just wrote something genius) but something like this lyric below is "easily some of the best lyricism in hiphop":

I'm down wit Violet Brown and ebony cats
Down wit 65 niggaz packin' 70 gats
I'm down wit Shinehead, Big Gipp, Goodie M-O-B
My nigga Twista, Killah Priest, and Pimp C
From UGK, Do Or Die, AK
Qwest the Mad LaD, Wendy Day
I self lord am master art form, metaphors and furthermore
Verbal masterpiece to master war, then master more
Cause a real nigga known to flow rigor mortis to stiffen your riffin'
Thugged out without Bloodin' or Crippin', till the needle start skippin'
The cut fuck your hairline up like Scott Pippen
Huh, hopin' the dummies stop frontin'

Hold on I am missing something...'cheap keystyle imitation'. So what does that mean you wrote that verse?. If I am wrong then I missed you on that, but if you wrote it then it is pretty good fuckin verse which I certainly did not expect you to bust out of nowhere.

If I am right on that u wrote that verse then that means I detect sarcasm. In other words you just said you wrote a better verse than one of rassy kassy's average verse; therefore he cannot be EASILY one of the greatest lyricists ever. Well guess what... that doesn't mean shit. Alot of great lyricists have had some average verses and rassy is no exception.

ok, Iīve had 7 or 8 beers right now, so Iīm not in the mood/lack the capabilities to argue. But yes, I did bust that verse out of nowhere and thanks for the compliments

You kind of jumped to conclusions too quickly though...what I did is, I imitated Razzyīs style and wrote (or tried to write, whatever) something similar to the stuff he writes. It wasnīt mere sarcasm, I wrote it to back up my point that Iīm not THAT impressed by Razzy and I wondered if you could compare my verse to the Ras Kass one and show me what makes Ras Kass so great (compared to Kill the dubcc poster). Of course I expressed myself sarcastically, but donīt get me wrong: Iīm neither "hating" on Ras nor am I saying that "I just wrote a better verse"...I just adapted his style to show why I think itīs not all that genius. What I find strange though is that you talked about an "average" verse when I took one of those you posted up in order to show how great Razzy is

but what got the discussion started was me saying "fuck no" to Ras being the GOAT MC - not me saying "Ras has no lyrical skills whatsoever and is the definition of wackness". I never said anything like that, I just think heīs mad overrated by many of his fans and lacks a lot to come close to the GOATīs - flow, good albums, delivery, to say some of it. Plus he has said some pretty fucking dumb shit, which is why I posted what I said about "Nature of the Threat". And you, you still havenīt done the opposite even though youīve been discussing for a while
As far the verse u posted I didn't notice that you were imitating ras kass's style. So right there I dont agree with your generalization of ras kass's lyrics. Second I said that rassy kassy verse was average because after reading it a couple times especially the beginning I thought it was kind of subpar for his standard. Third I didn't really spend time to find some of HIS best verses ever since I felt it wasn't necessary so hence that average verse pop up. As far as my compliments to that verse u wrote that was mainly for the use of vocabulary from a dubcc poster out of nowhere that impressed. While ras has a huge vocabulary that was not what impressed me; it was his skills as lyricist combining deep subject matter and battle raps together a way I never seen before.

You keep saying I still have not proved my case; I do not know what you are trying to prove or get at with this statement. I can easily say the same thing for you since to me you havent proved to me why ras kass is not one of the greatest lyricist ever. To me all I read from you is that he's trying to be impressive with a huge vocabularly and generalizing his lyrics has a combination of senseless multi's and religion which I see has a HUGE and unfair ras kass stereotype. It reminds me of a stereotype of pac I heard once where this one person said all he raps about is henessy and thugs. I view that ras kass stereotype in the same exact light of the example I presented of pac.

you exaggerate everything I suggest. I didnīt put up one hell of an imitation, but yes, I made religious references, used a bunch of big words and insinuated racism...plus I made the rhyme structure itself rather simple and irregular. whatever, it was a keystyle

what youīve done again now is you took everything I said a step further to make it look like a generalization. I disagree with what you "blame" me for saying, in fact. Ras does have lyrical skills, as for "getting things through thick skulls", I never said Ras doesnīt have lyrical skills. He tends to use big words where not all that necessary and many of his fans tend to be easily impressed by that. Some of his lyricism is quite decent and some is really pretentious. Thatīs the way I see it. Ras
trying to be impressive with a huge vocabularly and his lyrics having a combination of senseless multi's and religion
is not entirely the way I see it, itīs a few tendencies he has though (except for the multis, he barely even uses multis)...adding his flow, delivery and the rest of what you said in that other post comparing him to Pac and Nas, he is not too close to GOAT status for me. Plus he hasnīt made one great album really. But he does have a certain talent, he has written some good lyrics, of course having such a vocab can be a quality if you donīt use it TOO ostentatiously (which he doesnīt always do) and I bump some of his stuff, which I wouldnīt do if my opinion could be reduced to your concept right there...and I never said anything else, all I said is certain factors keep him quite far away from GOATability
O.K. That 'getting through ur skulls comment' came from me at the time cuz I thought you were using one song(NOTT) to dimish his lyrical skillls. I looked back and see you never did such a thing. It was just a vibe I picked off you at the time. I never said he was goat mc. Just one of the greatest mc based on mic skills, but whatever. You still disagree which is your opinion and right and you DID say he had lyrical skills.

...and you can compare my lyric to your fav Ras Kass verse if you wanna, that should be easy since Razzy is one of the best lyricists IYO

(and Iīm not saying me > Ras or me = Ras, Iīd just be curious to see such a comparison by you)
^ I dont know if it is the way you wrote those two lines, but I dont understand what you are saying there.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

ecrazy

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2005, 07:10:45 PM »
Nas And LL Cool J

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2005, 04:15:58 AM »
O.K. That 'getting through ur skulls comment' came from me at the time cuz I thought you were using one song(NOTT) to dimish his lyrical skillls. I looked back and see you never did such a thing. It was just a vibe I picked off you at the time. I never said he was goat mc. Just one of the greatest mc based on mic skills, but whatever. You still disagree which is your opinion and right and you DID say he had lyrical skills.
ok...yeah, i know you didnīt call him GOAT, that was the guy with Soul On Ice in his sig, I just said "fuck no" and that got this long ass discussion started. And i did use NOTT to show what I dislike about Ras Kass, but i never intended to generalize his lyrics because of that song and i do acknowledge that would be unfair...however, itīs all good

^ I dont know if it is the way you wrote those two lines, but I dont understand what you are saying there.
all I said was that since you said I posted my verse next to an average Ras one, that you could, if you want, post my verse next to a Ras one you consider one of his best and compare. I just wrote some shit as an opportunity for you to compare, which you havenīt done so far. Plus I stated that Iīm not intending to imply Iīm better than Razzy or anything

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2005, 04:50:26 AM »
ras kass is an overrated fuck, kill is right.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2005, 08:30:59 AM »
ras kass is an overrated fuck, kill is right.
Yep