Author Topic: 101 things You didnt know about Rock & Roll  (Read 266 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: 101 things You didnt know about Rock & Roll
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005, 08:48:20 AM »
Nah Seer the Devil Crossroads legend was definetly Robert Johnson, he predates Dylan by like 30 years.

eh? i said "ALSO"... meaning that its been rumoured he _also_ made a deal with the devil...

its fresh in my mind  as i watched the first half of that new dylan documentary by martin scorsese on tv last night, the second part airs tonight.. in the UK its on BBC2. i believe in the states its on PBS

Sorry, I thought you meant that the rumour started with Dylan. I didn't realize you meant also.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 09:24:07 AM »
Brian made the entire album.  They couldn't be Mike's pet sounds, because Brian made *THE ENTIRE ALBUM*.  Mike's *VOICE* is all that appears on it, but yet Brian wrote every song, and well... ALL THE FUCKING SOUNDS.  And don't say "Butthurt" like you want to stick something up my ass you fucking faggot.  There's several versions that say the same fucking thing! Exactly what I said ,the album was named after Brian's favorite sounds, his pet sounds.

The original post said the album was named because Mike hated it, and said "Whot he hell is going to listen to this, the ears of a dog?". 

That's entirely off base, and I proved it, and you defended it.  You're out of your league, back down bitch. 

I see you didnīt really have a lot to retort with. lol at the faggot thing, like "butthurt" wasnīt an expression everybody uses, that try was even weaker than what I expected from you after my post. A 5-year old wouldnīt make such a desperate comeback. And since you REALLY had to bring this up, this is coming from a guy who said he almost grew up to be gay. Just shut your trap.

Mike Love IS said to have made a negative comment, this web page is not the first source to come up with this. But me, I never even "defended" the thesis this was the reason for the name for the album (although that rumour has been around for ages). I just said there wasnīt one explanation for the name that stands as an undeniable fact.

Which leads us to our next point: You are really too stupid for logic.
There's several versions that say the same fucking thing! Exactly what I said ,the album was named after Brian's favorite sounds, his pet sounds.
Mike also has laid claim to coming up with the title. "We were standing in the hallway in one of the recording studios, either Western or Columbia, and we didn't have a title," he recounted. "We had taken pictures at the zoo and ... there were animal sounds on the record, and we were thinking, well, it's our favorite music of that time, so [I said], 'Why don't we call it Pet Sounds.'"
now, where do Brianīs instruments being Brianīs pets appear in Loveīs statement? What do a visit to the zoo, animal sounds and the whole bandīs favorite sound have to do with Brianīt instruments being Brianīs pets?
a) nothing
b) itīs the same

my knack for logical thinking tells me itīs a). Of course thereīs a similar background to the sound thing but itīs NOT THE SAME. And Brian having written the album (thank you for that information, Iīve got liner notes too btw) doesnīt have shit to do with the title being related to Brianīs instruments. It might as well be related to the whole sound (the other Beach Boys did contribute to, even though they didnīt write it), and like Love said, actual animals

Now, to break it down again:
1. I said that we canīt know exactly just how the album got its title.
2. You misread it, felt insulted and started to offend me
3. I offended you back (since you started offending me) and proved that what I said was indeed true, even using quotes of yours.
4. You actually had so little to retort with that you pulled the faggot card cause of me using a popular expression which takes you another level down, to exactly where the net-bangas be kickinī it calling people fags for listening to non-hiphop etc. Then you didnīt even acknowledge what facts I stated, so I had to repeat it again. Pretty sad, I hope it was the last time. And as for the "out of league" thing, how can you know that when you stressed the fact that you didnīt have an idea who I am? Again, logic has failed.

Youīre a learned die-hard fan with deplorable self-confidence and too stupid for drawing sensible conclusions

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 12:31:56 PM »
cool facts, i knew some.