Author Topic: NINTENDO UNVEILS REVOLUTION CONTROLLER  (Read 1724 times)

BJV

Re: NINTENDO UNVEILS REVOLUTION CONTROLLER
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2005, 12:34:20 PM »
sorry I forgot to read the damn shit http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651559p1.html there's gonna be a "shell" like in that picture but they used the gamecube controller as example. Nintendo still hasnt released pics of the official shell

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 01:00:25 PM »
Looks nice, props for postin this up man..

But Im still probably gonna end up with ps3

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2005, 01:10:57 AM »
I guess the device also goes into another controller :

this keeps getting better, I bet youll be abled to hold that controller sideways for the nes & snes games, then use the regular one for the n64 & gamecube games
ok, now i have to say i'm pretty impressed after seeing this.  nintendo might not be dead afterall.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2005, 01:36:49 AM »
yeah theres still life in them... dont think it'll compete with new xbox and ps3 globally but think it'll do well because its innovative and people bound to be interested by it...

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 01:56:09 AM »
major props to Nintendo for Creativy and Ingenuity
I must say, its pretty much fact that the Revolution won't have the best graphics or hardware, but they havethe most unique and interesting system out so far,
I mean, all the old school games plus this unique creative controller?
Even though they dont have the best hardware, i'm seeing Nintendo as a sleeper system...it will surprise a lot of people
i mean the man behind it is the creator of the OG Mario, man is a genius with all the work hes done, i'm just interested to see this when it gets full unveiled

Don Seer

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 02:05:27 AM »

man that wand stuff is insane... let alone this retro plug-in stuff

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2005, 09:36:23 AM »
I must say, its pretty much fact that the Revolution won't have the best graphics or hardware, but they havethe most unique and interesting system out so far,
Even though they dont have the best hardware, i'm seeing Nintendo as a sleeper system...it will surprise a lot of people
i mean the man behind it is the creator of the OG Mario, man is a genius with all the work hes done, i'm just interested to see this when it gets full unveiled
they haven't released any specs for the system yet, but it's supposed to be better than the 360.  only problem is 3rd party support and lack of online play.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Don Seer

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2005, 09:43:46 AM »
^ someone told me earlier the revolution will have a homebrew SDK.. that means _anyone_ could make software for it...

reeyotch

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2005, 12:11:34 PM »
cant wait to try it out
Tupac's on the milkbox missin'

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2005, 03:52:06 PM »
Overseer, I'm not too well versed on code writing, so I can't confirm if what you're talking about is entirely true, but I can confirm this: The most overlooked 'revolutionary' aspect of Nintendo's new system is that top level Nintendo execs keep stressing that they want it be affordable for programmers to produce games.  They claim games from conception to finish will take only 4 months or so and that they want small developers with great ideas to be able to make games for revolution gamers, instead of only having games from companies that have big budgets.  They keep making the distinction between big ideas and big budgets.  Nobody's picking up on that, but I think it's going to be nothing short of huge if they allow homebrew-style low budget development. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2005, 09:46:39 AM »
Overseer, I'm not too well versed on code writing, so I can't confirm if what you're talking about is entirely true, but I can confirm this: The most overlooked 'revolutionary' aspect of Nintendo's new system is that top level Nintendo execs keep stressing that they want it be affordable for programmers to produce games.  They claim games from conception to finish will take only 4 months or so and that they want small developers with great ideas to be able to make games for revolution gamers, instead of only having games from companies that have big budgets.  They keep making the distinction between big ideas and big budgets.  Nobody's picking up on that, but I think it's going to be nothing short of huge if they allow homebrew-style low budget development. 

It sounds interesting and I would love to see it work but I just can't see it happening. I would compare it to musicians using the internet to get themselves noticed and become stars. I have yet to a see a superstar avoid a major record deal and use the internet to become famous. The internet has done a lot of things for a lot of artists but it hjasn't made an independent into a megastar. The best it has done is gotten people record deals.

Now I'm certain that there will be a few maybe a lot of people that get noticed and get jobs because they made some great game for Nintendo's Revolution, but once they get noticed they'll get picked up by EA, Sega, or even Nintendo and work on big budget games. I don't just mean high budget production but high budget advertising and marketing. That is what makes a big game not the quality, unfortunately. Look at Shenmue for the Dreamcast. It should have been the biggest game of the year (or one of) when it came out but because it was promoted like shit it didn't sell all that much, at least not as much as it could have.

For these homegrown games to become popular it would take a lot of promotion and that costs money that these small companies don't have. Unless someone comes up with the greatest game in the last 15 years then it'll be hard to convince backers to get behind the game.

I feel the revolution can become a very nice cult system if it focuses on homegrown games, but I can't see it being a major competitor. The PC is a very easy way to make homegrown ways for PC gamers. I can't think of any huge game that came from nowhere with out corperate support.

Don Seer

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2005, 11:19:12 AM »

Well the thing is... the last computer to have provided in built or even cheap-ish development stuff that I can think of was the Commodore Amiga. I'm still amazed that even a PC doesn't come with something like a copy of 'Basic' or even C/C++ for people to develop for.. and i'm a PC programmer by trade.. I breathe C/C++ every working day.

Take the Xbox for example.. people took their time to hack it, to make mod chips 'just' to be able to port linux and write their own code for it... imagine something that'll run on your tv that'll do that for nothing?

i take your point about PC games to a cetain level.. but PC's arent in peoples living rooms, they arent "out of the box" equiped to play simple platform or shooter type games.. etc..

no maybe these games won't be blockbusters.. but maybe a few kids'll cut their tech teeth earlier.. maybe they'll be able to download lots of 'free' games that are as trauma said.. arent "big budget" but are "big idea" driven.
there were some free games that came out for the amiga that were really really good.. but commodore built that market.. i'm wondering if nintendo's going for the same feeling..

i'm a little hyped about revolution and i dont even know why!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2005, 01:58:08 PM »

Well the thing is... the last computer to have provided in built or even cheap-ish development stuff that I can think of was the Commodore Amiga. I'm still amazed that even a PC doesn't come with something like a copy of 'Basic' or even C/C++ for people to develop for.. and i'm a PC programmer by trade.. I breathe C/C++ every working day.

Take the Xbox for example.. people took their time to hack it, to make mod chips 'just' to be able to port linux and write their own code for it... imagine something that'll run on your tv that'll do that for nothing?

i take your point about PC games to a cetain level.. but PC's arent in peoples living rooms, they arent "out of the box" equiped to play simple platform or shooter type games.. etc..

no maybe these games won't be blockbusters.. but maybe a few kids'll cut their tech teeth earlier.. maybe they'll be able to download lots of 'free' games that are as trauma said.. arent "big budget" but are "big idea" driven.
there were some free games that came out for the amiga that were really really good.. but commodore built that market.. i'm wondering if nintendo's going for the same feeling..

i'm a little hyped about revolution and i dont even know why!

I'm not doubting that this'll lead to some very fun games, but it's another thing for it to make the system compete with Sony. Gamers today are drawn to graphics more than anything. It's not easy for a run of the mill programmer to put together a game that looks like today's top games, like it would have been 20 years ago. GTA was a great game, so was GTA 2, but it took big graphics for it to become a huge hit and cause it to be a system seller.

Personally, I'll probably buy the Revolution if it has this great cult genre of homegrown games, but I also bought The Saturn, the Sega CD, the Game Cube etc. I'm not who they should be marketing to. I just don't see the Revolution making any kind of dent in Sony's stronghold.

Just so we're clear; are you saying that the Revolution will come with programming that allows the user to program his or her own games?

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2005, 11:51:08 PM »
they haven't released any specs for the system yet, but it's supposed to be better than the 360.  only problem is 3rd party support and lack of online play.

wrong, its not suppose to be better then the 360 spec wise,it will have more gameplay options but the 360 will be more powerful

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Seer

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2005, 11:30:58 AM »

Just so we're clear; are you saying that the Revolution will come with programming that allows the user to program his or her own games?

yeah thats what someone told me they'd heard... its been on a lot of peoples wishlists for years