Author Topic: NINTENDO UNVEILS REVOLUTION CONTROLLER  (Read 1729 times)

Trauma-san

Re: NINTENDO UNVEILS REVOLUTION CONTROLLER
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2005, 07:59:19 PM »
I already showed you that Sony makes more mobey than Nintendo. You have yet to show me otherwise. The article I posted above clearly explains that Sony Gaming is doing fine, and it was Sony Electronics (DVD players, Tvs etc) that had slipped. The PS2 sold 16 million unites (that's almost as much as Game Cube's total sales). "However, the division did hit a new record in sales: 252 million software units shipped worldwide, an increase of 30 million units over the previous year." Oh yeah, they're getting their asses handed to them, dumb ass.

Read the fucking thing.  They made 407 million.  Nintendo made 1.04 BILLION.  You don't understand that?  How do you argue that?  READ IT. 

Tell me, explain to me, how 407 million, is better than 1.04 BILLION.  I need to know your explanation for that.  Please?  Anybody? 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2005, 07:00:36 AM »
Where are you getting 1.04 Billion? Show me.

Here's all I see;

"The Kyoto-based company, which makes the Super Mario game software  and GameBoy Advance portable machines, said its group net profit surged to 87.42 billion yen (US$809.44 million) in the year ended March 31 from 33.19 billion yen ($307.12 million) a year earlier."

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/43382.html

Now I see 800 million and that's not based on Nintendo hardware sales. It's based on all of Nintendo. The 407 million that Sony made in profit was based on just Hardware sales. That doesn't factor in all the money made from software. Also, Nintendo's main support domes from GBA. We aren't talking about GBA. We are talking about home consoles, and I garauntee the 16 million units of PS2 that were sold greatly outdoes the number of Gamecubes sold. That's the issue; home hardware. I never said Sony can beat Nintendo at handheld. The GBA is so far ahead it will take a long time for PSP to even reach half the sales.

edit- Even if the total profit was down this year compared to Nintendo. I factor in all the money made by 3rd parties because of the gamesales, since that has a direct effect on who wants to create games for Sony. Hardware vs Hardware in the home Sony is ahead. Handheld makes Nintendo more money this year, but I'm willing to bet Sony suffered quite a loss with the PSP because it was it's first year and the promotion for it was so expensive.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 07:39:39 AM by Shallow »

Trauma-san

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2005, 07:56:22 AM »
*sigh.  Operating profits are the simple 'we made this much, we spent this much' profits measured by a company.  Last year, Nintendo's operating profits were 1.04 BILLION dollars, after taxes.  They only made 809 million because Nintendo keeps 70 percent of their assets in cash, in the bank.  The Japanese Yen lost ground to the American dollar, so Nintendo lost 202 million dollars on that, making their total 'profit' counting their bank investments 809 million dollars. 

The 407 million number from sony is from their ENTIRE gaming division, including ALL OF THEIR SOFTWARE that they sold, individually. 

Nintendo's money is from their hardware, and all of their software, as well.

Consistantly, Nintendo has outearned Sony.  Look it up.  You want to bitch about PSP development costs, Nintendo had DS and Gameboy micro development costs, as well.  You want to bitch about PS3 development costs, Nintendo had revolution development costs.  Nintendo also has several software titles they're working on.

In the end, it comes down to money! It doesn't come down to # of systems sold, or bubble gum machine operators would all be the most successful people in the world.  Nintendo makes more money than Sony, period. 

Remember, this started with you saying people at Nintendo were going to lose their jobs.  Sony is laying off 10 thousand people, on the eve of their PSP and PS3 coming out... and you want to bitch about Nintendo?  Why would Nintendo lay people off, when they're making two and a half times the profit Sony is?  You have yet to answer that. 

Now you want to include in Sony's profits, money that third party companies made.  Are you sick? 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2005, 08:19:47 AM »
I'm not including 3rd party money as part of Sony. I'm including 3rd party money as part of incentive to make PS3 games. You can sell more units with Sony than you can with the others.

The jobs lost weren't specified as gaming division jobs.

I know Nintendo made a bigger profit this year, but the revenue is still less, and Sony spends a lot more monry, they sell more games, they sell more sytems, they create more jobs. The only people that benefit from the high Nintendo profit are the few at the top of the company. Nintendo still is trailing behind and can play conservative all they want, but if they keep selling less and less systems then it's not good. DS doesn't look like it'll sell anywhere near the GBA. Game Cube sold like half of what the 64 sold. If the pattern continues then there's evetually going to be a problem. I don't expect Revolution to do well at all, and wouldn't be surprised if it sells less than GC.

Sure Nintendo could sell the Revolution at 10 bucks and sell tens of millions, but they'd go bankrupt. Sony turns a profit, and continues to grow. What does it matter who ends up with more cash at the end of the company with the most sales is in no danger of going anywhere? Nintendo may be making more cash thanks to GBA and Pokemon, but Pokemon is dieing out and GBA can't go one forever. The consoles they put out don't make them shit. And once again, that's what we are talking about.

Here's what I'm saying; PS2 made more money for Sony than Game Cube made for Nintendo, and I predict PS3 will make more money for Sony than Revolution will make for Nintendo.