Author Topic: Tony Blair "shocked" at anti-American bias of BBC coverage of Hurricane Katrina  (Read 263 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It is sad that Europeans are brainwashed and conditioned with such left wing garbage as the BBC.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/933f0642-270a-11da-b6fe-00000e2511c8.html

Don Seer

It is sad that Europeans are brainwashed and conditioned with such left wing garbage as the BBC.

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/933f0642-270a-11da-b6fe-00000e2511c8.html

lol... u talk out your ass.. since when does europe watch the BBC?

u know the first B stands for right??

murdoch has a large share of the news over here and will do anything to slag off other news agencies

in the states he runs Fox News remember? they dont have a good reputation

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The British are European last time I checked. Besides, BBC is watched internationally.

murdoch has a large share of the news over here and will do anything to slag off other news agencies

in the states he runs Fox News remember? they dont have a good reputation

Fox News doesn't have a good reputation? Um, they are the most watched news channel here in the US. They dwarf CNN in the ratings.

It is sad that even the British prime minister is condemning the BBC for their bias. Do we even need to bring up the scandal they had a few years ago concerning the Iraq war?

Don Seer

good ratings doesnt mean better..  lol..

no.. FACT is the BBC dont dick suck the government.. even though the government partly funds it!

funny huh? its on some commie shit.. the goverment PAYS for the BBC? did you know that?

there is no one that owns it.. its owned by the british people.

FACT is the BBC is one of the only NON PROFIT  + INDEPENDENT news organisations in the world!

FACT is murdoch is a spin mongering dirty old bastard and you're a brainwashed idiot.

The British are European last time I checked. Besides, BBC is watched internationally.

lmao...  by that measure i watch french + german news channels we cant even pick up here? how idiotic a comment.

the BBC radio may be worldwide.. but the news channel is straight confined to england.

it is NOT respresntative of "europeans" in any way. all you're showing is  you know nothing about europe.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
all you're showing is  you know nothing about europe anything.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Don Seer

hehe.. on the real though...

he talks like europe is some big country like the USA... we arent states.. the rest of europe can go fuck themselves.. british people could give a fuck about france or germany as far as alliances and politics go.. we're allied closer to america than the rest of europe remember that!

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I get the BBC news on sattelite.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I get the BBC news on sattelite.

my father taught me that when you move to another country you should show basic respect to that country by assimilating to their way of life. And one way you do that is by learning their language.

I think Hispanics should stop being so disrespectful and start learning English the way every other ethnic group that has come to America has.

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

he talks like europe is some big country like the USA... we arent states.. the rest of europe can go fuck themselves.. british people could give a fuck about france or germany as far as alliances and politics go.. we're allied closer to america than the rest of europe remember that!

I am grouping Europe together because as a whole the European press is left wing and Anti-American. Tony Blair himself agrees.

I am not attacking your country, man. I love Britain. I justhate the BBC.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

I am grouping Europe together because as a whole the European press is left wing and Anti-American. Tony Blair himself agrees.

you're just miss informed, please check the bbc website and show me some proof of this anti american bias they have

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

AndrE16686

Why is the BBC 'anti-American'? I think channels like the BBC, SBS, ABC and non Murdoch aligned journalism is absolutely necessary in order to recieve a well informed opinion. Sadly there are ALOT of CWalkers out in the world......
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 01:06:11 AM by chillmatic »

rafsta

lol calling brits brain-washed, when its known america is the most brainwashed country in the world when it comes to media... you are controlled by your governtment CWALKER.

and tony blair has been riding bush's dick for fuck knows how long, ofcourse he will back him on this.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Blair calls BBC coverage 'full of hate of America': Murdoch Sat Sep 17, 6:35 PM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - British Prime Minister     Tony Blair has complained privately to media tycoon Rupert Murdoch that the BBC's coverage of Hurricane Katrina carried an anti-American bias, Murdoch said at a conference here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Murdoch, chairman of the media conglomerate News Corporation, recounted a conversation with the British leader at a panel discussion late Friday hosted by former president     Bill Clinton.

"Tony Blair -- perhaps I shouldn't repeat this conversation -- told me yesterday that he was in Delhi last week. And he turned on the BBC world service to see what was happening in New Orleans," Murdoch was quoted as saying in a transcript posted on the Clinton Global Initiative website.

"And he said it was just full of hate of America and gloating about our troubles. And that was his government. Well, his government-owned thing," he said of the publicly owned broadcaster.

Murdoch went on to say that anti-American bias was prevalent throughout Europe.

"I think we've got to do a better job at answering it. And there's a big job to do. But you're not going to ever turn it around totally," said Murdoch, one of three media magnates who spoke at Clinton's "Global Initiative" forum on peace and development.

The former US president, who held his conference to coincide with the     United Nations summit in New York, agreed that the BBC's coverage was lacking.

While the BBC's reports on the hurricane were factually accurate, its presentation was "stacked up" to criticize President George W Bush's handling of the disaster, Clinton said.

"There is nothing factually inaccurate. But ... it was designed to be almost exclusively a hit on the federal response, without showing what anybody at any level was doing that was also miraculous, going on simultaneously in a positive way," Clinton said.

Blair's remarks, as reported by Murdoch, are sure to aggravate the already difficult relations between the prime minister's government and the BBC.

A government weapons expert, David Kelly, killed himself in 2003 after he was revealed as the source for BBC allegations that intelligence on the Iraqi threat was exaggerated to secure public support for the US-led war.

The BBC's director-general, Greg Dyke, and chairman, Gavyn Davies, were forced to resign following an official inquiry that found the BBC at fault.

A former BBC foreign correspondent and MP, Martin Bell, defended the BBC's coverage of the hurricane and alleged that Blair was trying to curry favor with a powerful media owner who controls important British newspapers.

"Tony Blair was telling Murdoch what he wanted to hear because he needs Murdoch's support," Bell was quoted as saying by British media.

The BBC said it had received no complaint from Downing Street about its coverage.

Blair's office declined to comment.

Don Seer

haha.. dude..

"That the Government promised media mogul Rupert Murdoch it would not change its policy on Europe without telling him first. "

too much influence/connections to the media me thinks!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=362725&in_page_id=1770

'EclipZe

I got BBC and I live in the netherlands  ::) no cable :P