Author Topic: Celtics vs Lakers  (Read 856 times)

ABN

Re: Celtics vs Lakers
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 05:28:36 PM »
Why are you even wasting your time with those stats? Lakers are the best franchise in sports history. Period.

I'm sorry, Yankees(MLB) are. THen after them its the Montreal Canadians (NHL). If we're talking about North American sports.

Maybe i used a wrong word. I mean Lakers are the most popular worldwide respected franchise in sports. Yankees and Canadians for sure are two teams with an history of wins, like the Lakers and the Celtics, but when it comes to popularity, 90% of the people outside America doesnt even know them, cause hockey and baseball are not popular here. Basket is. Everybody knows Jordan, i mean everybody in the world. Everybody knows Chicago Bulls. Everybody knows Boston Celtics. Everybody knows Los Angeles Lakers. But the Lakers, instead of the other two teams, are more consistant in winning. From the West era to the Magic era to the Shaq-Kobe era. When you say Lakers, you say wins. Plus look at the tv share, and everything. Lakers are the most loved/hated team in NBA history. That sums it all.

Yea I agree with some of your points. But sayin Lakers are the most popular worldwide respected franchise is a big statement. I ain't sayin thats right or wrong becuase I havn't done a survey of everyone in the world. But wow. I think a soccer team would have that title.
they did a survey on that a couple of years ago and Real Madrid and Machester United were the 2 biggest sport franchises in the world. the Lakers and Yankes was 3 and 4 but i don´t know in don´t which team was 3 or 4. only reason Man Utd and Real are bigger is coz soccer is the biggest sport on all continents except for North America and the Asia market brings in incredible amounts of money and both Real and Man Utd got the Asia market on smash coz of David Beckham.

acbaylove

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 05:59:33 PM »
Yeah, maybe Real and United ownes the crown, but still Lakers are up there in the 3rd place, as the U.S. franchise team most popular in the world and, no doubt about it, the most popular NBA team in the world.

Lakers are more popular than Celtics.
Lakers have a best market than Celtics.
Lakers have more fans than Celtics.
Lakers have more % victories than Celtics.
Lakers have the best players.
Lakers have win multiple titles in multiple era's.

Or, to sum it up, Lakers > Celtics.

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 06:20:28 PM »
Yeah, maybe Real and United ownes the crown, but still Lakers are up there in the 3rd place, as the U.S. franchise team most popular in the world and, no doubt about it, the most popular NBA team in the world.

Who says you gotta have a good market to have a good team? thats practically cheating. The Quakers have more fans than the celtics because they come from a much larger city. Like I said before Lakers have more of a percentage because they haven't been around as long as the Celtics have, and the players the lakers have now can't even help the team go to the playoffs Kobe Bryant is the only descent player they have now but he blows it by screwing his team over somehow every season. Popularity doesn't say much about skills either.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 10:42:20 PM »
I guess I really upset the Laker Girls here. LOL. Truth hurts...

::)...Just trying to prove a point buddy...Don't be mad i did my HW and you didn't..you got schooled again! :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 10:45:44 PM »
Kobe Bryant is the only descent player they have now but he blows it by screwing his team over somehow every season.

:loco: :grumpy:.....you're a moron

and fuck hockey..that shit don't count..arn't they still on strike ???...and soccer also doesn't count...no one gives a shit about those 2 sports

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 11:09:05 PM »

Who says you gotta have a good market to have a good team? thats practically cheating. The Quakers have more fans than the celtics because they come from a much larger city. Like I said before Lakers have more of a percentage because they haven't been around as long as the Celtics have, and the players the lakers have now can't even help the team go to the playoffs Kobe Bryant is the only descent player they have now but he blows it by screwing his team over somehow every season. Popularity doesn't say much about skills either.

LMAO...Did you just call Kobe decent? Wait, it wasn't even decent, it was "descent"... :-X

SGV

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 12:08:30 AM »

::)...Just trying to prove a point buddy...Don't be mad i did my HW and you didn't..you got schooled again! :D

LMAO. You did your HW after you were schooled earlier but you still haven't said shit. You're simply just hurt...

Like I said: Fuck a Regular season record if you ain't got a Championship to back it up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 12:10:15 AM by SGV »

WestCoasta

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 12:21:58 AM »
Like I said: Fuck a Regular season record if you ain't got a Championship to back it up.
take heed Clipper fans

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 12:25:48 AM »

LMAO. You did your HW after you were schooled earlier but you still haven't said shit. You're simply just hurt...

no..you were schooled..i just gave you more evidence we're better then the Celtics...

And we do got championships to back it up,you moron.......you're just a nother faggot clipper fan anyway

SGV

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 08:00:46 AM »

no..you were schooled..i just gave you more evidence we're better then the Celtics...

And we do got championships to back it up,you moron.......you're just a nother faggot clipper fan anyway

LMAO. You're like a little kid. That ain't evidence. Cuz, Celtics still got more titles. You ain't nothing but a Cheerleader homegirl. Pull your skirt down already and go sit on Jack Nicholson's lap.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 08:09:34 AM »
This is fucking stupid.  Seriously, two great franchises why even argue whos better just leave it at that.  Who has more titles, the Celtics.  Who has been more consistent in winning, the Lakers.  Who has contributed more to the game of basketball, DOES IT MATTER? No it doesnt. 

You forgot, this guy has a Kobe poster above his bed and some old cum stained Kobe bedsheets to go with it... :loser:

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 12:43:01 PM »
Kobe Bryant is the only descent player they have now but he blows it by screwing his team over somehow every season.

and fuck hockey..that shit don't count..arn't they still on strike ???...and soccer also doesn't count...no one gives a shit about those 2 sports

LMAO. This kid can't be serious?
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

acbaylove

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2005, 01:11:18 PM »
Well if you see if from a worldwide prospective..
Soccer > Basket > Hockey > Football > Baseball.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 01:44:48 PM »

Well, according to the retarded 8 year-old...no one gives a shit about soccer.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2005, 12:50:50 AM »

Well, according to the retarded 8 year-old...no one gives a shit about soccer.

Kobe doesnt play soccer though...so why should it matter to anyone?!  ::)