Author Topic: Celtics vs Lakers  (Read 858 times)

acbaylove

Re: Celtics vs Lakers
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2005, 01:10:59 PM »
Yeah sorry.  I forgot that everybody in Europe knows Odum

Nobody does. But the brightest stars in NBA shits all over the brightest stars in NHL, MLB and NFL. No contest.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2005, 01:15:58 PM »

Ok. 3rd most popular team in the world after Real and UTD. Done deal! Now shut up. ::)

Don't be mad at me cuz you're sitting here trying to make a point with "What If's."

isnt that a 112 song???

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2005, 01:17:02 PM »
That is thanks to the sport of basketball, not the actual star power the players bring

acbaylove

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005, 02:00:45 PM »
That is thanks to the sport of basketball, not the actual star power the players bring

Yes. It was different with Jordan tho', he alone was better than NBA. lol.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2005, 02:23:51 PM »
Sonned.
not really. like i said, its like arguing with a religious freak and trying to use facts against them...while they hold onto belief.

I ain't biased, man. Lakers are no doubt the most popular team in the NBA. It's a fact. I aint neglecting the truth. About the rest of the world, they are most popular basketball team in the world: you could still say hockey teams or soccer teams are more popular than them, but it's like comparing popatoes with tomatoes! STILL the Lakers are the most popular team in the NBA. And STILL Lakers > Celtics. Nobody can neglect those FACTS.

thing is, ive never argued if they are the most popular team...and really dont care. Since when does popularity have ANYthing to do with how good they are? Even in your argument of the Lakers being the better franchise then the Celtics, im sure youd say the Celtics are the second best then...right? Well, the Celtics arent anywhere close to the second most popular franchise in basketball. So you see, popularity does not equail quality. In Football....the Raiders, Cowboys, etc...are probably the most popular franchises. Are they the best in the league? No. Im a Raider fan, and i can say that. Its about being realistic rather then SIMPLY a believer.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »
lol com on NIK that was written when Shaq was still with the Lakers.

While the Lakers have kobe
The Yankees have A Rod, Jeter, Sheffield, Giambi and Randy Johnson
The Red Sox have Johnny Damon, David Ortiz, and Manny Ramirez

And do you honestly think a common man from Europe knows them? I dont have a clue who they are, lol. And like me, 99.9% of the Europeans doesnt know who the fuck Damon or Ortiz are!! FACE IT. The world is bigger than the United States.

exactly! you dont get the same coverage on these sports that we do...including basketball. Youre arguing blind...like i said.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 02:27:23 PM »

seriously, if it was the star power of the athletes...then boxing would be the biggest draw around the world given Ali is by FAR the most popular athlete there ever was.

acbaylove

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2005, 03:45:27 PM »
I aint neglecting it. I'm saying Lakers is the best franchise in the NBA history PLUS it's the most popular one.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2005, 05:51:39 PM »
I aint neglecting it. I'm saying Lakers is the best franchise in the NBA history PLUS it's the most popular one.

lol, now just in the NBA history? Well, we're making progress.

ANd Nik, i've read that one already.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2005, 01:59:53 AM »

popular, yes...best...im not sure. obviously its between the Lakers and the Celtics. My point is, the Cowboys are possibly the most popular football team in the NFL. They have a storied past, like a lot of other teams. But...what does that mean this year? Nothing. What will it mean next year if they dont win? Nothing. What will popularity contribute to them winning the Superbowl in the next couple of years? Nothing. You see?

acbaylove

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2005, 07:04:53 AM »
Yes, i do. But the topic was called "Celtics vs Lakers", not "Heat vs Spurs". So.. we gotta talk about the past.