Author Topic: Shawn Kemp making a strong comeback...Could possibly sign with the Lakers?  (Read 1169 times)

acbaylove

Re: Shawn Kemp making a strong comeback...Could possibly sign with the Lakers?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »
We are so desperate upfront that even Kemp could be a nice addiction, lol.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 09:35:34 AM »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 10:32:19 AM »
Are you guys stupid? Shawn Kemp is only 35, he retired early because of the troublesome career he had. He's back in great shape and is planning to head back to the top and leave the NBA as one of the great superstars. Did anyone even read the fucking article?...He could be a great push off the bench for the Lakers, and an added big body to the big competition in the west...PeACe

doubt he can lay down tha blunt and big macs long enough to last through a whole season...lol

However, they need help upfront. I dont know if Kemp is the guy tho

Well, he's in GREAT shape now and that's what counts. If the Lakers somehow sign Spree and Kemp, there's no doubt in my mind that they will be contenders. If Shawn Kemp is half as willing to make a strong comeback as the article depicted, it would be enough. Hopefully The Reign Man can help bring back the reign to LA... 8)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 01:26:17 PM »
that was a damn interesting article on Shawn Kemp, you get a prop

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 05:02:18 PM »
Are you guys stupid? Shawn Kemp is only 35, he retired early because of the troublesome career he had. He's back in great shape and is planning to head back to the top and leave the NBA as one of the great superstars. Did anyone even read the fucking article?...He could be a great push off the bench for the Lakers, and an added big body to the big competition in the west...PeACe
Did you not see him in Orlando? He was crack free for two years or so and he played bad. I don't think you can be one of the best players in the NBA for around 8 years become a crackhead for another 8 years then comeback crack free and still play good.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 05:07:21 PM »

Prolific

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2005, 05:08:10 PM »
Ya'll got high hopes saying Kemp can make a comeback...The boy was the shit early 90s all the way until the met the bulls in the finals..He had the knee injury after a dunk that next season and hasn't been the same since....I mean he right in Clevland/ Orlando he was slow and had no more game in him....His far past his prime and hes a no factor in the L

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2005, 08:03:08 PM »
With Kemp and Spree you become contenders? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2005, 01:15:23 AM »

did u mean to say "addiction"? lol

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2005, 01:19:37 AM »
not that i would ever make a habit of defendin scittles here...and not that i think Kemp is gonna turn in any all star showings, but look at LA and you got to admit he couldnt hurt the team. One thing you gotta remember, Kemp came strait outta highschool to the pros....and maybe their hoping Bynum can draw off of his experience in that situation, especially playing down low. If they get him for a bargain, why not try it? I dont see HIM "making u a contender", but like i said, you wont be any worse off. The biggest move LA can make is pickin up Spree regardless.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2005, 10:10:13 AM »
Did you not see him in Orlando? He was crack free for two years or so and he played bad. I don't think you can be one of the best players in the NBA for around 8 years become a crackhead for another 8 years then comeback crack free and still play good.

Once again, read the article before you comment...Shawn Kemp was playing out of shape in Orlando. He's back in great shape and is motivated to play his best...I believe it could work...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2005, 10:12:20 AM »
Ya'll got high hopes saying Kemp can make a comeback...The boy was the shit early 90s all the way until the met the bulls in the finals..He had the knee injury after a dunk that next season and hasn't been the same since....I mean he right in Clevland/ Orlando he was slow and had no more game in him....His far past his prime and hes a no factor in the L

Kemp played his best season in Cleveland...Don't get it twisted. He might be past his prime, but he can still be a help...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2005, 10:13:34 AM »
With Kemp and Spree you become contenders? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kemp and Spree alone don't make the Lakers contenders, but this line-up does...

Latrell Sprewell...Aaron McKie/Smush Parker/Sasha Vujacic/Will Conroy*
Kobe Bryant...Laron Profit/Tony Bobbit*/Von Wafer*
Lamar Odom...Devean George/Jumain Jones/Luke Walton
Kwame Brown...Shawn Kemp/Brian Cook/Slava Medvadenko/Ronny Turiaf*
Chris Mihm...Andrew Bynum

Coach: Phil Jackson

acbaylove

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2005, 10:49:34 AM »
Not yet, homie. Not yet. But we could start a new page in our glorious history building the new team around Kobe, Brown, Odom and Bynum. With KG we're contenders, no doubt.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 11:04:33 AM »
Phoenix were considered contenders last season. They had a great line-up, but they didn't have a bench, they didn't have the greatest coach of all time, they didn't have the best player in the league, and they didn't run a system nearly as effective as the triangle. The Laker line-up I posted, I believe, are good enough to be considered contenders. Think about it Sprewell, Kobe, Odom. 3 All-Star caliber players under Phil Jackson will NOT fail to contend...PeACe