Author Topic: Shawn Kemp making a strong comeback...Could possibly sign with the Lakers?  (Read 1171 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Shawn Kemp making a strong comeback...Could possibly sign with the Lakers?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2005, 03:28:53 PM »
Nice selection. Kaman is a player i think could develope into an interesting C. Do you still like Kareem?

Yup...Look at how quickly Kareem developed into an impact player for Charlotte. He's now their starting shooting guard and his dream is to be an all-star. I think Kareem Rush will eventually be a big name in the NBA, and if he continues going down the right path, he should be a very sought after player by 2007...A starting backcourt of Kobe and an experienced Rush could be great...Chris Kaman has already been playing better than most centers in the league, even after being slowed down by injuries in his first 2 seasons. He's still progressing greatly and could have a breakthrough season in 2007 if signed by LA...PJ Brown is a vet who still has his step and could be a great frontcourt addition to the Lakers...Jamaal Magloire, same reason as PJ Brown, but he's much younger...Peja Stojakavic is just clutch. It'd be awesome to have him as a 6th man playing behind Odom, and possibly even with Odom on the court, especially during clutch-time...6th Man of the year for sure. I've seen A LOT of potential in Mikki Moore when watching him play for the Clippers...He's been playing short seasons and being bounced around the league like a bitch without a true chance to shine. He needs help to become a feared big man. He'e be a nice frontcourt addition, like PJ Brown and Jamaal Magloire, but he's much more athletic and has yet to reach his full potential...PeACe
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 03:35:42 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

acbaylove

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2005, 04:48:46 PM »
Let me try it too.

Kareem Rush    Charlotte    Unrestricted F.A.
Eddie Jones    Memphis    Unrestricted F.A.
James Posey    Miami    Unrestricted F.A.
Jamaal Magloire    New Orleans    Unrestricted F.A.
Ruben Patterson    Portland    Unrestricted F.A.
Jason Hart    Sacramento    Unrestricted F.A.
Peja Stojakovic    Sacramento    Unrestricted F.A.
Corliss Williamson    Sacramento    Unrestricted F.A.
Mikki Moore    Seattle    Unrestricted F.A.
Jalen Rose    Toronto    Unrestricted F.A.

Rush -> good backup SG. He already have experience with the triangle.
Eddie Jones -> Veteran experience backing up his friend Kobe Bryant.

One of those 2 whould be perfect.

Posey -> good athletic SF. Great 6th man player.
Patterson -> good defence, great intensity. You always need a player like him in your roster. Even tho i prefeer our JJ right now.
Stojakovic -> best pure shooter in the NBA.

One of those 3 would really improve us in the 3 spot/bench.

Magloire -> probably the best C in the list.
Moore -> good prospect.

Hart -> great underrated backup PG.
Rose -> best playmaker in the world to play triangle.

P.S. I chosed only Unrestricted Free Agents, cause we can really make a run for them and win it, if we have to.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2005, 12:45:58 AM »
Firstly Peja is as good as a Nun in a brothel come playoff time and there is not a chance Spree can play as an All Star, yet alone his season 1 and a half years ago. He is aging and it is affecting his game A LOT...

I cant believe you actually think that line up will contend next season, basing it things such as Coke-Kemp maybe signing and maybe contributing, Bynam being able to do anything etc etc

You can hope for the 8th or 7th seed at the best...

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2005, 12:57:34 AM »
2007 FREE AGENTS

Marcus Banks    Boston    Restricted F.A.

LeBron James    Cleveland    Restricted F.A.

Carmelo Anthony    Denver    Restricted F.A.

Mickael Pietrus    Golden State    Restricted F.A.

Mike James    Houston    Unrestricted F.A.

Chris Kaman    L.A. Clippers    Restricted F.A.

Dwyane Wade    Miami    Restricted F.A.

Desmond Mason    Milwaukee    Unrestricted F.A.

PJ Brown    New Orleans    Unrestricted F.A.
Maciej Lampe    New Orleans    Unrestricted F.A.

David West    New Orleans    Restricted F.A.

Mike Sweetney    New York    Restricted F.A.
DeShawn Stevenson    Orlando    Unrestricted F.A.

Luke Ridnour    Seattle    Restricted F.A.

Chris Bosh    Toronto    Restricted F.A.

Devin Brown    Utah    Unrestricted F.A.
Jarvis Hayes    Washington    Restricted F.A.

It's going to be hard to get some of those players,but lets see what happens 8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2005, 08:06:43 AM »
Let me try it too.

Patterson -> good defence, great intensity. You always need a player like him in your roster. Even tho i prefeer our JJ right now.

Moore -> good prospect.

P.S. I chosed only Unrestricted Free Agents, cause we can really make a run for them and win it, if we have to.

Rush is at the point in his career where he needs to start in order to gain confidence and become something. Backing up Kobe won't cut it, that's why he got traded for basically nothing in the first place. Kobe needs a player like Tony Bobbit to back him up at SG, not a player who deserves a good portion of minutes like Eddie Jones or Kareem Rush. Posey would be a nice addition off the bench. Patterson is the anti-Kobe, he's a good defender, but his attitude is shit and he doesn't deserve to be a Laker. Jason Hart can be a nice addition as well, I've always liked his style...And Jalen Rose, we already got teased this summer in a rumor that said Jalen was coming to LA. Of course, my reaction to that was positive, because a backcourt of Kobe and Rose would be spectacular...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 08:08:15 AM »
Firstly Peja is as good as a Nun in a brothel come playoff time and there is not a chance Spree can play as an All Star, yet alone his season 1 and a half years ago. He is aging and it is affecting his game A LOT...

I cant believe you actually think that line up will contend next season, basing it things such as Coke-Kemp maybe signing and maybe contributing, Bynam being able to do anything etc etc

Why shouldn't it? It's a great line-up for the triangle...People forget who Phil Jackson is.

acbaylove

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2005, 08:49:11 AM »
Let me try it too.

Moore -> good prospect.

Rush is at the point in his career where he needs to start in order to gain confidence and become something. Backing up Kobe won't cut it, that's why he got traded for basically nothing in the first place. Kobe needs a player like Tony Bobbit to back him up at SG, not a player who deserves a good portion of minutes like Eddie Jones or Kareem Rush.

I'm talking about Eddie Jones in 2 years. He'll be a veteran.

Posey would be a nice addition off the bench. Patterson is the anti-Kobe, he's a good defender, but his attitude is shit and he doesn't deserve to be a Laker. Jason Hart can be a nice addition as well, I've always liked his style...And Jalen Rose, we already got teased this summer in a rumor that said Jalen was coming to LA. Of course, my reaction to that was positive, because a backcourt of Kobe and Rose would be spectacular...

Hell yeah. But Spree is also a good one.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2005, 01:14:33 PM »
I'm talking about Eddie Jones in 2 years. He'll be a veteran.

He'll be a veteran, so what? That doesn't mean he needs to play behind Kobe...Only players like Tony Bobbit and Laron Profit should play behind Kobe, cuz that means they're getting no more than 10 minutes a game, which is just warm up time for Eddie...

Hell yeah. But Spree is also a good one.

Yup. I'd actually like Spree over Rose because of his way smaller salary and his proven work ethics...

acbaylove

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2005, 02:09:35 PM »
Eddie will be 36 in 2007. I think he could play like Ron Harper, Brian Shaw and Aaron McKie, maybe even as a PG. If Spree can, Eddie DEF can. Man he used to be my fav player, lol! I just want him to finish his career with a Lakers #6 jersey.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2005, 02:32:55 PM »
Eddie will be 36 in 2007. I think he could play like Ron Harper, Brian Shaw and Aaron McKie, maybe even as a PG. If Spree can, Eddie DEF can. Man he used to be my fav player, lol! I just want him to finish his career with a Lakers #6 jersey.

Spree is much more fit to run the point than Eddie is...Eddie is closer to a small forward more than anything. It's just how you said "Eddie backing up Kobe"...Bad idea. Eddie starting at small forward or backing up Odom (if he's still a Laker) would've sounded better...It'd be nice to see Eddie back in a Laker jersey, but I'd prefer seeing Rush back in that 21 starting in the backcourt with Kobe, or Stojakavic coming off the bench at small forward instead of Jones, who is more of the starting 5 type. Jones should finish his career a starter, he's not the type of player who should slowly subside, but rather the type who should go out with a bang. Eddie needs to find a rebuilding team, possibly head back to Charlotte and use his veteran skills to lead them to sucess...But I'd definitely not decline an Eddie Jones return to LA...PeACe

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2005, 01:17:17 AM »

Spree is much more fit to run the point than Eddie is...Eddie is closer to a small forward more than anything. It's just how you said "Eddie backing up Kobe"...Bad idea. Eddie starting at small forward or backing up Odom (if he's still a Laker) would've sounded better...It'd be nice to see Eddie back in a Laker jersey, but I'd prefer seeing Rush back in that 21 starting in the backcourt with Kobe, or Stojakavic coming off the bench at small forward instead of Jones, who is more of the starting 5 type. Jones should finish his career a starter, he's not the type of player who should slowly subside, but rather the type who should go out with a bang. Eddie needs to find a rebuilding team, possibly head back to Charlotte and use his veteran skills to lead them to sucess...But I'd definitely not decline an Eddie Jones return to LA...PeACe

Spree is more "fit" to run the point then Eddie...but believe me, you DO not want him runnin your point...lol

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2005, 06:26:43 AM »
Point is probably the hardest position to play. I wouldnt experiment with that. Put a real point guard there.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2005, 07:17:07 AM »

If he cant work it out with Kobe, Shaq, and Payton (im taking Malone out of the equation due to his injury) it aint working with Spree involved...
you mentioned spree's work ethic... lol what about his attitude which has been proven time and time again to suck... get those Laker goggles off and see Sprewell is NOT going to make you a contender, especially with Kemp in the house...

Spree is declining, and thats a wrap... that year with Cassell as an All Star and KG dominating (whats new?) was his year, they screwed things up last season with their contract negotiating and he lost a lot of respect that season helped him earn back...

P.S Phil Jackson is over rated and past his prime, he will be good for the Lakers, but he is no massiah, same goes for LB and my Knicks, it will improve our teams, but you cant make a dollar outta 15 cents...

Why shouldn't it? It's a great line-up for the triangle...People forget who Phil Jackson is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2005, 10:03:26 AM »

Spree is more "fit" to run the point then Eddie...but believe me, you DO not want him runnin your point...lol

Spree can run point and switch off with Kobe...Kobe is excellent at running the point, so I see no reason it can't be done...A backcourt of Sprewell and Kobe would run through shit like it's nothing...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2005, 10:07:30 AM »

If he cant work it out with Kobe, Shaq, and Payton (im taking Malone out of the equation due to his injury) it aint working with Spree involved...
you mentioned spree's work ethic... lol what about his attitude which has been proven time and time again to suck... get those Laker goggles off and see Sprewell is NOT going to make you a contender, especially with Kemp in the house...

Spree is declining, and thats a wrap... that year with Cassell as an All Star and KG dominating (whats new?) was his year, they screwed things up last season with their contract negotiating and he lost a lot of respect that season helped him earn back...

P.S Phil Jackson is over rated and past his prime, he will be good for the Lakers, but he is no massiah, same goes for LB and my Knicks, it will improve our teams, but you cant make a dollar outta 15 cents...

Well. Sprewell is known as a hard worker. Kobe is known as a hard worker. Kemp is working extra to get back in form. Kwame has a lot to prove. Phil has a lot to prove...I just think the line-up looks like a very hungry one...We'll see.