Author Topic: Shawn Kemp making a strong comeback...Could possibly sign with the Lakers?  (Read 1168 times)

acbaylove

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Shawn Kemp making a strong comeback...Could possibly sign with the Lakers?
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2005, 12:15:48 PM »
Phil has a lot to prove...

Not to me.

If he doesn't suceed, his legacy will be dented, people will claim he won championships only because of the great teams he was handed. Anyone remember the year Jordan left? Pippen was the leader of the Bulls and they got deep in the playoffs with a roster way worse than the current Lakers...Phil can manage...PeACe.

acbaylove

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2005, 12:47:24 PM »
Phil has a lot to prove...

Not to me.

If he doesn't suceed, his legacy will be dented, people will claim he won championships only because of the great teams he was handed. Anyone remember the year Jordan left? Pippen was the leader of the Bulls and they got deep in the playoffs with a roster way worse than the current Lakers...Phil can manage...PeACe.

I know. What i mean is that to me he doesnt have to prove shit. I already know he's a great coach, one of the best ever. He won with Jordan? Flash: only Phil did. He won with Kobe and Shaq? Flash: only Phil did. I know he'll have a great time in his second adventure in Lakerland.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2005, 06:18:51 AM »
Well it seems PJ and Mitch disagree with you on this one... Spree aint going to LA LA Land...

acbaylove

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2005, 07:36:04 AM »
Smokescreen, man. Phil said also that Lakers will not make any move. Do you realistically find it credible? Expect them to make a move in the next 48 hours, lol.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2005, 07:41:19 AM »
Eddie will be 36 in 2007. I think he could play like Ron Harper, Brian Shaw and Aaron McKie, maybe even as a PG. If Spree can, Eddie DEF can. Man he used to be my fav player, lol! I just want him to finish his career with a Lakers #6 jersey.

Spree is much more fit to run the point than Eddie is...Eddie is closer to a small forward more than anything. It's just how you said "Eddie backing up Kobe"...Bad idea. Eddie starting at small forward or backing up Odom (if he's still a Laker) would've sounded better...It'd be nice to see Eddie back in a Laker jersey, but I'd prefer seeing Rush back in that 21 starting in the backcourt with Kobe, or Stojakavic coming off the bench at small forward instead of Jones, who is more of the starting 5 type. Jones should finish his career a starter, he's not the type of player who should slowly subside, but rather the type who should go out with a bang. Eddie needs to find a rebuilding team, possibly head back to Charlotte and use his veteran skills to lead them to sucess...But I'd definitely not decline an Eddie Jones return to LA...PeACe

Spree is more "fit" to run the point then Eddie...but believe me, you DO not want him runnin your point...lol

Spree can run point and switch off with Kobe...Kobe is excellent at running the point, so I see no reason it can't be done...A backcourt of Sprewell and Kobe would run through shit like it's nothing...PeACe

Like 7even said, get a real point guard in there. Youre gonna have some FRUSTRATED bigmen with Kobe and Spree runnin the point lol. I see forced three's, and fade-aways through double teams taken all game lol.

acbaylove

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2005, 08:28:51 AM »
Point is probably the hardest position to play. I wouldnt experiment with that. Put a real point guard there.

Like 7even said, get a real point guard in there.

Do you both knows the triangle system? It doesnt use a real point guard, but a point forward and an "initiator". Lakers have both. Odom is the point forward (the most versatile in the league, probably), and McKie is the initiator. Why should we get a real point guard if the triangle system doesnt need him? Did you remember Payton? He was a real PG, an All-Of-Famer type of PG. But still he failed. Why? Cause he had to do the initiator, not the point guard. So just get an initiator and use Odom as the point forward. There's no need to sign a real point guard. The best initiators in Phil's team was been Ron Harper and Bryan Shaw. Can you honestly call them "real point guards"? And yes, Spree can def do the initiator. All he gotta do is to defend and to share the ball. It's not that hard.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2005, 02:02:21 PM »
Point is probably the hardest position to play. I wouldnt experiment with that. Put a real point guard there.

Do you both knows the triangle system? It doesnt use a real point guard, but a point forward and an "initiator". Lakers have both. Odom is the point forward (the most versatile in the league, probably), and McKie is the initiator. Why should we get a real point guard if the triangle system doesnt need him? Did you remember Payton? He was a real PG, an All-Of-Famer type of PG. But still he failed. Why? Cause he had to do the initiator, not the point guard. So just get an initiator and use Odom as the point forward. There's no need to sign a real point guard. The best initiators in Phil's team was been Ron Harper and Bryan Shaw. Can you honestly call them "real point guards"? And yes, Spree can def do the initiator. All he gotta do is to defend and to share the ball. It's not that hard.

but it still prevents matchup problems on the other end. Kobe and Spree are good defenders (at their position). Spree, more of an "in the lane" defender then an on the ball defender. Kobe is basically streaky on tha defensive end. Quick penetrating point guards will be in the lane all day against Laker defense...which will be very bad for a team with no front court.

Doggystylin

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2005, 02:57:01 PM »
all this arguing for nothing, i see no links or articles about any of these deals happening, kemp hasnt even mentioned the lakers AT ALL, wtf are you all talking about, write this down, no kemp or spreewell on the lakers this year

acbaylove

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2005, 08:52:04 PM »

but it still prevents matchup problems on the other end. Kobe and Spree are good defenders (at their position). Spree, more of an "in the lane" defender then an on the ball defender. Kobe is basically streaky on tha defensive end. Quick penetrating point guards will be in the lane all day against Laker defense...which will be very bad for a team with no front court.

Our problem last year was the absence of Shaq inside. We built our defence around him, in the last years. I mean the defenders knew that they had an intimidator inside. Kobe himself was been named a couple of times in the All Defensive team of the NBA. But without Shaq it's obviously a different defence, you gotta do it harder and you cant let your opponent go inside. That's why Atkins, Tierre Brown and Vujacic got exposed, and that's why Odom playing in the PF position was been so bad defensively. This year, like i said, they need great defenders in the "initiator" spot, not Chucky Atkins'. Aaron McKie is known for being a good defender. Spree can defend too. So that's why they both can fit well. Smush Parker himself can defend. Other players who can defend are Watson (probably the best defensive PG in the league), Pargo and Lue, three other Lakers targets (Lue signed with Atlanta tho). That's what we need. We dont need a Jasikevicious type of PG! (even tho he's a fantastic PG!). Oh, and having Kwame Brown inside instead of Odom will help our defence. Phil is building this team around defence, obviously. All the players we acquired are good defenders. Turiaf is another great defender (too bad he had that problem). Wafer can defend. Bynum got long arms and in a couple of years he'll be a good intimidator inside (i'm not saying he'll be a dominant center, but at least a good intimidator). We need defenders. That's why Spree can fit well.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2005, 12:48:21 AM »

Our problem last year was the absence of Shaq inside. We built our defence around him, in the last years. I mean the defenders knew that they had an intimidator inside. Kobe himself was been named a couple of times in the All Defensive team of the NBA. But without Shaq it's obviously a different defence, you gotta do it harder and you cant let your opponent go inside. That's why Atkins, Tierre Brown and Vujacic got exposed, and that's why Odom playing in the PF position was been so bad defensively. This year, like i said, they need great defenders in the "initiator" spot, not Chucky Atkins'. Aaron McKie is known for being a good defender. Spree can defend too. So that's why they both can fit well. Smush Parker himself can defend. Other players who can defend are Watson (probably the best defensive PG in the league), Pargo and Lue, three other Lakers targets (Lue signed with Atlanta tho). That's what we need. We dont need a Jasikevicious type of PG! (even tho he's a fantastic PG!). Oh, and having Kwame Brown inside instead of Odom will help our defence. Phil is building this team around defence, obviously. All the players we acquired are good defenders. Turiaf is another great defender (too bad he had that problem). Wafer can defend. Bynum got long arms and in a couple of years he'll be a good intimidator inside (i'm not saying he'll be a dominant center, but at least a good intimidator). We need defenders. That's why Spree can fit well.

im talkin about the idea of having Kobe and Spree at your 1 and 2 spots. Against any of the elite point guards this would be a real mismatch defensively. Like i said, Spree's defense is more in the passing lanes...not necessarily his on tha ball defense. He gambles alot...which would be bad for a team with no great presence under the hoop to bail him out. Same for Kobe, as far as you wouldnt want your top offensive to player to spend most of his energy chasin around some 6 foot point guard. You want those two guys to be able to get into the passing lanes imo...which doesnt really happen when youre stickin tha point. Best bet (for Spree especially) is guardin a player like Ray Allen. Someone who comes of screens more and lookin for open jumpers...and Spree can use his athletism as a strength rather then his agressiveness on D only being used against him. Obviously youd have to have either Kobe or Spree stickin the 2....but i wouldnt put either at the point. At least have another true point guard in the game for defensive purposes. Who gives a shit who brings the ball upcourt....really doesnt matter if they plan on gettin into a triangle offense anyways. BTW...it hasnt even been confirmed that Spree is comin to LA has it? Last i heard Phil said it wasnt likely to happen.

acbaylove

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2005, 02:09:50 AM »
Man the only player i really wanted to be signed as a Free Agent was Watson. But Spree is better than nothing. Actually everybody is. AND everybody is better than Atkins+T.Brown+Vujacic.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2005, 07:09:02 AM »
Smokescreen, man. Phil said also that Lakers will not make any move. Do you realistically find it credible? Expect them to make a move in the next 48 hours, lol.

::) lol

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2005, 07:20:34 AM »
Lakers are in serious trouble. They have no bench players whatsoever. And Mihm, Brown and McKie arent exactly an intimidating part of a starting 5. Odom ain't an all-star either.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2005, 09:37:19 AM »

::) lol

Ok i'm a little bit worried now! :-\