1 (3.4%)
I already donated
10 (34.5%)
Nah I ain't gonna donate nothin
14 (48.3%)
I might give money, not sure
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: WHO HERE IS WILLIN TO GIVE MONEY TO KATRINA VICTIMZ? POLL  (Read 418 times)

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WHO HERE IS WILLIN TO GIVE MONEY TO KATRINA VICTIMZ? POLL
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2005, 01:08:29 PM »

I'm still studying the economic principles of taxation, the government's role, trade, etc... but maybe the government could fund the necessary things (to protect) and necessities that private individuals would have no benefit in providing (roads, etc).. with the money from trade..? I'm just kinda making a guess here.. it may be a little far-fetched....
Even the roads are made from outside contractors....almost everything has its ties to private organizations, and most are owned by theses politicians, or people who give money to theses politicians, every damn politician takes special interest money

Yeah, I stated in my post:
"You see... there are also certain things that ONLY the government would provide.... the only time individuals would do so, is if there was a benefit or profit... and for things like roads, lighthouses, etc.. that won't hold true."
The government still pays for it though. That's the benefit to the private contractor.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WHO HERE IS WILLIN TO GIVE MONEY TO KATRINA VICTIMZ? POLL
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2005, 08:37:33 PM »
^ I'm assuming you consider yourself a libertarian/classical liberal....?

I would be a true/ classic conservative.  You know, the ones who voted FOR the civil rights bill but then had their party labeled as racist since they don't believe in huge federal entitlement programs.

Both Democratic and Republican politicians voted for the civil rights bill, the ones who were in opposition was the Democrats and Republicans from the South.  Since the Majority Leader for the Dems was a Southern Dem it just seem that they were the political party that were slowing the process down.  It wasnt a party issue but a region issue