Author Topic: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/  (Read 1505 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2005, 04:04:27 PM »
1. stop being ignorant.

2 and 3. So then what constitutes being street? You can't be official unless you're from the streets eventhough you can be from the streets and be just like someone not fromn the streets? Explain that to me. So can a dork from the streets make official hip hop?

5. I mean you just assume that I'm trying to antagonize you when I'm simply trying to get an answer.

6. Hey SGV why don't you come in here and argue with this guy about the authenticity of Bubba?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2005, 07:46:49 PM »
Arguing for the sake of arguing is boring as fuck, this will be the last time address this shit. No need to respond unless getting a last word in is gonna make you feel like somebody.

1. Anything you got to say to me about elvis, you might as well tell it to your own asshole, then you can tell us what your asshole had to say about it once you get your head out of it.

2. What constitutes being street? I dont know, being from the fuckin streets maybe. People from the block will never be JUST like someone who aint because of the experience you get from living on the block. E 40 may not actually be no dope man, but I'll believe what he got to say about it before I believe what White Dawg (remember him) got to say about it. You do not have to be a criminal to be street or to experience street life. Its a common perception but its not the only thing out here. Is anybody gonna tell me that KRS One aint street just because he aint slangin crack and robbin people?

5. Asking a question? Putting words in my mouth is not asking a question. You kept implying that I said certain things and then youre arguing against shit that nobody even said.

6. LMAO "HELP ME SGV, COME SIDE GUARD FOR ME CAUSE I AINT GOT SHIT TO SAY!"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2005, 07:17:01 AM »
You never actually told me how old you were kid. (probably because you're 15)

And I wasn't asking SGV's help, I was just trying to see if he goes out of his way to defend what you said like he does whenever I say something he disagrees with.

Just a quick thing about the streets. What I meant was if you are a "dork" as Iverson put it then you are one of the kids that never came outside to the block and never saw anything go down. In that case you may as well be from out of town. Of course you can see a lot of underhanded shit go down in different ways while living in a suburb or a smaller town. Of course that doesn't meran shit to me. An artist is an artist and talent is talent.

If a white guy from Idaho came to New York and battled all the top rappers in the scene and beat them, you think he'd be laughed at if he seriously possesed more talent? Laughed at by you maybe, but you are a noboady that no one gives a shit about.

Going back to your basketball analogy; if a guy with no background in ball picked it up and started playing and over the course of a few months became a great player and better than a lot of the NBA players, would he still have no place playing in the NBA?

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2005, 10:05:51 PM »
You know what, the shit is really simple.

Not every rapper is from the hood, the block, the ghetto, the inner city, whatever. Kanye West may not be "hood", but he's respected because he makes good music and he doesn't try to act hard. Beastie Boys is respected because they're just being themselves doing their own thing. Vanilla Ice is not respected because he tried to act like something he's not.

However if you were to eliminate that aspect from the culture, the hood, the street, were the hip hop coulture got its start in the first place then it's no longer hip hop, it then morphs into something else.

Shallow you used the country music example. I'm not an expert on country and yeah, I guess there are "non country" country music artists taht are popular, but the whole aspect of "country" still exists, doesn't it? In raggae, not every single raggae artist is from Jamaica or even has a Jamaican accent yet the Jamaican, flavor is still there, isn't it? If you were to take that element away, then it's no longer raggae, it turns into something else.

I think that's the point that is being made in this thread.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2005, 08:16:33 AM »

Not every rapper is from the hood, the block, the ghetto, the inner city, whatever. Kanye West may not be "hood", but he's respected because he makes good music and he doesn't try to act hard. Beastie Boys is respected because they're just being themselves doing their own thing. Vanilla Ice is not respected because he tried to act like something he's not.

However if you were to eliminate that aspect from the culture, the hood, the street, were the hip hop coulture got its start in the first place then it's no longer hip hop, it then morphs into something else.

Shallow you used the country music example. I'm not an expert on country and yeah, I guess there are "non country" country music artists taht are popular, but the whole aspect of "country" still exists, doesn't it? In raggae, not every single raggae artist is from Jamaica or even has a Jamaican accent yet the Jamaican, flavor is still there, isn't it? If you were to take that element away, then it's no longer raggae, it turns into something else.

I never said the hood aspect should eliminated or that hip hop can leave the streets. I just don't understand why you have to be from the streets to rap (according to Turf), and be accepted. If you are a good rapper then that should be the end of it. Like he said about basketball; if a guy who doesn't come from a ball background can still steal the ball off Iveson 9 times out of ten and sink shots then he should be given a spot because he's good enough.

I'm not arguing that white kids from the mid west should dress and talk like thugs and not be laughed at, or not be called fake. I don't have a problem with that, although I realize how fake the black rappers from the street can be as well. That's not the point though. The point is why should it be comical for a white guy from the mid west to rap, if he's genuinely good at it. That is what Turf was saying. He claims you aren't official and have no business rapping if you aren't from the streets.

Like you said about Reggae; it isn't Reggae if it doesn't sound like Reggae, but it can still be Reggae if it's not from Jamaica. That's exactly what I was saying about hip hop.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2005, 10:49:27 AM »
Wow some of you guys are really ignorant.

Vanilla Ice is not respected because he tried to act like something he's not.

How was Vanilla trying to be some he wasn't? He made music to dance to, and from what I saw of his performances, that is what he did. He wasn't killing or robbing anybody on his CDs.

PS: That comment at the top wasn't directed at you.

J Bananas

« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2005, 12:48:48 PM »
holy shit this thread is 5 pages! u guys are really sensitive about ur race

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2005, 02:37:32 PM »
holy shit this thread is 5 pages! u guys are really sensitive about ur race

I'm defending an ideal. I could be chinese and still be here in this thread. If a thread pops up about blacks not being work on wallstreet because the stock market is a white thing, I'd defend that too.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »

I never said the hood aspect should eliminated or that hip hop can leave the streets. I just don't understand why you have to be from the streets to rap (according to Turf), and be accepted. If you are a good rapper then that should be the end of it. Like he said about basketball; if a guy who doesn't come from a ball background can still steal the ball off Iveson 9 times out of ten and sink shots then he should be given a spot because he's good enough.

I'm not arguing that white kids from the mid west should dress and talk like thugs and not be laughed at, or not be called fake. I don't have a problem with that, although I realize how fake the black rappers from the street can be as well. That's not the point though. The point is why should it be comical for a white guy from the mid west to rap, if he's genuinely good at it. That is what Turf was saying. He claims you aren't official and have no business rapping if you aren't from the streets.

Like you said about Reggae; it isn't Reggae if it doesn't sound like Reggae, but it can still be Reggae if it's not from Jamaica. That's exactly what I was saying about hip hop.

Fair enough. I pretty much agree with what you're saying there, it makes sense.

I don't think I ever said a rapper has to be black or from the streets in order to be real and respected. Look at Kanye West, who dropped one of the best albums of the year. He may not be from the streets, but he really caught the essence of hip hop in his last album, in his last album. I think De La Soul is from the suburbs, I'm not sure though. They made good music that was real and they didn't pretend to be something they're not. Look athe the Beasty Boys' 18 year run. It's just that if you eliminate the element the streets from hip hop, you're pretty much tearing the heart and soul out of the culture.

Anyway, I'm out.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels