Author Topic: Sick G-Funk Beat... (Talk Boxing) Feedback  (Read 195 times)

Prolific

• Lil Geezy
Sick G-Funk Beat... (Talk Boxing) Feedback
« on: September 20, 2005, 11:37:02 AM »
Here is a little somethin I pulled off the other week...In this track you're hearing one talkbox line looped..I'm keeping the full part to myself for reasons. Let me know what you think...

Roger Boxing
Beat 30
  lo-fi URL:   http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=2887007&q=lo
  hi-fi URL:   http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=2887007&q=hi

The Soundclick
http://www.soundclick.com/prolificbvf
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 09:42:39 AM by Prolific »

Suga Foot

Re: Sick G-Funk Beat... (Talk Boxing) Feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 01:55:33 PM »
no doubt you have some production skills, but your beats are a mess.  It sounds like you just bought sample disks and threw stuff together. Anyway keep at it.

Prolific

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 02:25:51 PM »
I'll take feedback anyway I can get it....A mess? How so...Out of the past 14 tracks the only sample that was used was on Beat 28 and I think 23...U come alright with your production so I'll hear you out.

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 01:09:56 PM »
what I meant by a mess, is that it seems like a lot of your melodies just come in off beat or at an awkward time.  And in your talkbox beat, at some points it seems like there is too much going on at once, and it's hard for the listener to focus on one main melody. 

Prolific

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 01:45:25 PM »
About the only thing that doesn't fit as well..Is the talkbox because I removed most of it..I ain't new to producing just because I've only had a few post on this site...As for the talkboxing beat I knew when I posted it I'd have to touch up the my bassline and the synth melody so they work but I never put finished product on soundclick..Niggas will jack anything, I found out the hard way..

BJV

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 05:13:59 AM »
I think this beat could be very dope if you switched up the melody a little to make it flow better and after that it should be mixed a little better I think u need to work on your mixing skills a little the whole mix sounds a little muffled. I would like to hear the finished one your talking about, why dont u just copyright it or something

Prolific

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 06:49:09 AM »
If you wanna hear something mixed down and finished product by me...Check out the battle me and Adon gonna have..I put one of my west coast rivals tracks on there..

Emence Beats

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • EMENCE Beats
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 12:37:05 PM »
it has potential u need keep messin with the melody....man when this first started i was like wtf is this...plus some a the samples are too high in volume....smoothin it out it has mad potential....1

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 01:12:50 AM »
you need to spend some time aligning everything together, does the program your using have a metronome Click?? i use that a lot, it really does help keep your beats in line...thats my 2 cents