Author Topic: Truth about Dr. Dre.....  (Read 365 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Truth about Dr. Dre.....
« on: April 28, 2002, 02:53:38 PM »
I aint no Dre hater or nuttin......He is or was my favorite producer.......

What pisses me off is tha shit I been hearing recently......

First of all He barely writes his own rhymes as everyone knows......But a person would think that he makes it up production wise rite? rite, he does, his production is top notch.......

BUT, alot of tha time he doesnt make his own beats, dats whats irritating to me.......

4 Example: Tha Next Episode beat is NOT his, Its a Duplication of this one song named M.I.A by some group I forgot......My homie showed me this tha other day and I waz just like whaaaaa? Its exactly tha same fuckin thing.
It aint no Sample, Sampling is a portion of a beat used in a different beat, but this exactly Identical......
All Dre does is add some more bass 4 tha trunk and makes tha quality of tha beat better wit his high tech shit......
Also tha Xxplosive beat and some other beats are exactly like this......

This is WEAK......

And dont tell me about how Hip Hop is made on Sampling, cause this is NOT sampling......  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Truth about Dr. Dre.....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 03:01:29 PM »
well i guess that dre has asked permission for those songs you mention. Because otherwise he would be sued. ( or however you write that word :)) And the fact that he did not get SUED (erm..) declares that didn't "STOLE" the beats.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2002, 03:04:56 PM »
yeah but if he drop the beat first on the rap game he got the right to  naww, if the beat is still underground , no one would never heard it , so it doesn'T really matters, but if by exemple puffy did it, dre would have give him some money so i guess it'S all good
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2002, 03:25:42 PM »
the next episode was never released becuz the guy he sampled from didnt didnt gave dre permission..

Youngster323

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2002, 03:39:55 PM »
the next episode was never released becuz the guy he sampled from didnt didnt gave dre permission..

he is talkin about the Next Episode in 2001

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2002, 03:46:24 PM »
Me and tha7th were talking about this last night.Through out rap history, no producer has ever not sampled. Swizz Beats trys, but he got sued by Casio for stealing and programmed beat...LOL. Eric B., Rick Ruben, Boogie Down Productions, Bomb Squad, Daz, Warren G., D.J. Quik, Neptunes, Trackmasters, Timberland, everybody samples. They even take hooks, as I've heard each and every big producer have a remake of the hooks, and shit. The only difference with Dre is that people make Dre bigger than he is, to the point were I think he believes it himself. Dre is nothing more than a rap producer, and with that comes sampling, mixing and looping samples of old songs. Every producer is the same, the only difference it that Dr. Dre is unquestionably the greatest rap producer ever. But people WANT to make him out to be the greatest producer. No, Quincy Jones, Ike Turner, they were real producers, Dr. Dre is a rap producer, meaning his going to sample. It's not downgrading rap producers, it's just they are what they are. Now Dre has songs with no samples, and that's what really impressive in rap today, Dre was the first producer to ever use live drums for N.W.A., he was the first to use samples of different song and make one out of many with the Chronic, and he was the first to compose a whole song with live instruments in 2001. But in 2001, he still sampled, in Chronic Nuthin But A G Thang was still instruments from one song, and N.W.A. still used sample beats. Dre is not 100% not a rap producer, but his  experamenting with new sounds. I'm sad to hear people are mad at the samples, but don't put too much in Dre, he still is a rap producer, and that's all he is. No more, no less, no matter how much people, including Dre, believe the hype.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2002, 04:22:10 PM »
yo actually M dogg,

quincy jones said Dr Dre is the greatest talent in music today...

and the sample on Next Episode is called "the edge" by david mcallum its pretty damn near the same thing

BUT dre's skill as a producer carries beyond simply making the beat, he brings the most out of his artists, creates a vision for the song, project whatever.. a few other rappers sampled this same beat with out half the END PRODUCT that dre did...  he hooked it up into a banging song... even if it was the same damn thing

now the other thing though, is that dre used 3 samples and 3 samples only on 2001... whats the difference, still dre, forgot about dre, etc etc were all sample free bangers.... as was that mary j song, the two bilal joints fast lane and sally, and most other songs he released lately....

soooooooo big deal he uses a sample every now and then... if ur a hiphop producer and u come across a sample that you know will blow up if u use it to make this song, are you just gonna be like hmm no i can't use this because i didnt make it on my own... fuck no ur gonna be like this song is gonna be tight as fuck...

and if ur the public are u gonna be like damn next episode was wack dre stole the beat, hell no ur gonna be like that song "the edge" by david mccallum wasn't really anything i'd listen too but this shit next episode with dre and snoop is HOT SHIT...

so once more id like to remind people that quincy jones himself said dre is the biggest talent in music... so relax just cuz he use one sample here and there aint no thang

CWalker187

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2002, 04:30:20 PM »
I aint no Dre hater or nuttin......He is or was my favorite producer.......

What pisses me off is tha shit I been hearing recently......

First of all He barely writes his own rhymes as everyone knows......But a person would think that he makes it up production wise rite? rite, he does, his production is top notch.......

BUT, alot of tha time he doesnt make his own beats, dats whats irritating to me.......

4 Example: Tha Next Episode beat is NOT his, Its a Duplication of this one song named M.I.A by some group I forgot......My homie showed me this tha other day and I waz just like whaaaaa? Its exactly tha same fuckin thing.
It aint no Sample, Sampling is a portion of a beat used in a different beat, but this exactly Identical......
All Dre does is add some more bass 4 tha trunk and makes tha quality of tha beat better wit his high tech shit......
Also tha Xxplosive beat and some other beats are exactly like this......

This is WEAK......

And dont tell me about how Hip Hop is made on Sampling, cause this is NOT sampling......  

Dre is just trying to hide the fact that he fell of a looooooong time ago.

Youngster323

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 04:32:43 PM »

Dre is just trying to hide the fact that he fell of a looooooong time ago.

so u think these beats are wack....

Fuck you
Still DRE
Big Egos
Forgot About Dre
The Message

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2002, 04:41:44 PM »
actually dre did not produce the message... but the others yes

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2002, 04:50:44 PM »
Dre sampled David McAllum's "the edge" for "The Next Episode", agreed, it's not very original, but David McAllum even said in an interview that Dre made it sound 10 times better than he ever could, he said putting the intro in the middle of the song like he did was pure genious.  

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2002, 05:13:32 PM »
well i guess that dre has asked permission for those songs you mention. Because otherwise he would be sued. ( or however you write that word :)) And the fact that he did not get SUED (erm..) declares that didn't "STOLE" the beats.

This is Exactly not what Im saying, I know he has permission but wat im saying is how tha fuck does tha best rap producer go ahead and take an underground beat and duplicate it......

And Once again to me that is NOT sampling......Sampling is takin portions of other beats and adding them to yur own beat.......Not taking tha actual beat and making it a better quality soundwise.......

yeah but if he drop the beat first on the rap game he got the right to  naww, if the beat is still underground , no one would never heard it , so it doesn'T really matters, but if by exemple puffy did it, dre would have give him some money so i guess it'S all good

This is my point, Puffy does this.......But Puffy aint no fuckin Honorary producer.......He's viewed as a sissy music-wise worldwide.......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2002, 05:35:49 PM »

And Once again to me that is NOT sampling......Sampling is takin portions of other beats and adding them to yur own beat.......Not taking tha actual beat and making it a better quality soundwise.......

Sampling is taking a part of a beat. Now what you do with it is different, because in sampling, they also have Looping. Looping is when you take a sample and loop it around to keep beat. That's why rap as the same tempo all the time, the beat just continues. A change up is usually made with other samples, like if you listen to Dre production, listen close and your hear all kinds of little samples you can't catch just casually listening. Dre does that better than anybody, but Daz, Warren G and Quik all do it to, especially Daz. Now Puffy was not talked about for Looping samples, what he did was take the instrumental, then had a rapper rap over it, and had someone else resing the hook, like the Police song to I'll Be Missing You, or taking other hooks, like using La Di Do Di for Hypnotis. But Dre takes samples of beats, kicks in a different bassline or drum kit, adds other samples, and lases it with something extra that you can't hear unless you pay close attention. ALL OTHER RAP PRODUCERS DO THIS. Dre just gets called out because he uses less samples, and he was bragging at the fact 2001 only used 3 samples. But when Next Episode came out as a single, people cried foul, it was a bad idea to came lack of samples and have that as a single. But it's the past.

And Dre's work with rappers, well his a perfectionist that MAKES his rhymers rap a certain way because to his ear it's the best sound. This is underrated, as he changed Eminem's delivery, and help Snoop create that nice smooth flow. Dre knows what works with rappers voices, but everyone knows that.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2002, 06:07:21 PM »
dre is still the best producer out there in any genre in my opinion but he's just a little overrated and out of his prime,i mean 90% of the time he puts out bangers,between 40-60% of the time out of his over-all out put it's all his original stuff,now the question is how much of his original stuff is from him and how much from the musicians? well i say it'sa group effort,thus he has a co-producer most of the time,dre takes other peoples stuff and perfects it mainly but he is well rounded,i think less of him than i used to mainly due to nuthin but a g thang(his trademark) was a complete rip but as ant said dre probably said "this is gonna be a fuckin tight ass song!" i'm with ant on that tip....dre is still the best producer but best doesn't mean perfect,peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2002, 11:02:33 PM »
Dre sampled David McAllum's "the edge" for "The Next Episode", agreed, it's not very original, but David McAllum even said in an interview that Dre made it sound 10 times better than he ever could, he said putting the intro in the middle of the song like he did was pure genious.  

Yes. Thank you.
David McAllum was the artist, but David Axelrod was the guy that produced it.

I might have to scan the axelrod interview sometime since i guarantee no one has it (its from a UK underground northern soul/hiphop magazine called Big Daddy.. mail order by cheque only)

The truth is... 'Fallin On'  was the first to use the sample but Dre 'did it better'.
Dre did also add quite a bit that wasn't in the original.

Rememeber in the hiphop dictionary there's 2 sides to everything.

1) haters will call a sample 'biting'.
2) non-haters will call a sample a 'homeage' or whatever...