Author Topic: This tour.....will be THE TOUR!  (Read 206 times)

Biron

This tour.....will be THE TOUR!
« on: March 30, 2002, 01:26:55 AM »

George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic have announced the first leg of an upcoming spring tour. The funk outfit's road trip will begin April 2 in the nation's capital, and at one point the group is scheduled to perform nine nightly shows in a row.
Over the course of 34 years, the Parliament/Funkadelic collective has featured such noted musicians as Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Maceo Parker, Eddie Hazel, Fred Wesley, and Junie Morrison. Among the many albums the groups have released are Cosmic Slop, Up For The Down Stroke, Mothership Connection, and One Nation Under A Groove. Parliament/Funkadelic hits include "Tear The Roof Off The Sucka," "Flash Light," "Chocolate City," "One Nation Under A Groove," and "Up For The Down Stroke."

Not only are the members of Parliament/Funkadelic known for their musical talent and sound, they were also legendary for their showmanship. The group's live performances often turned into musical marathons with outrageous costumes and theatrical sets that feature a spacecraft called the Mothership. No word yet whether or not the Mothership will be out on the road during this upcoming tour.

George Clinton's storied career as a pioneer in the funk genre has given him the unofficial nickname of "The Master of the Funk." LAUNCH asked Clinton for his definition of funk. "Funk used to be a real bad word when I was growing up," he said. "Oh, you couldn't say that--you'd get slapped in your mouth, and that was for what you was thinking and for what they thought you was thinking of saying. And now everybody in the world ask me, 'What is funk?' Funk is anything it need to be, and I mean it positively. So anything it need to be to save your life, it's a funky attitude."

George Clinton & Parliament/Funkadelic tour dates (subject to change):

April 2 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club

April 4 - Hampden, VA - Hampden-Sydney College

April 5 - Columbia, SC - 3 Rivers Music Festival

April 6 - Pittsburgh, PA - MetropolApril 7 - University Park, PA - Pennsylvania State UniversityApril 9 - New York, NY - The WorldApril 10 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's Down UnderApril 11 - Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music HallApril 12 - Philadelphia, PA - University of PennsylvaniaApril 13 - Columbus, OH - PromoWest PavilionApril 16 - Fort Wayne, IN - Piere'sApril 17 - Chicago, IL - House Of BluesApril 21 - Cedar Falls, IA - University of Northern IowaApril 22 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue

April 24 - Denver, CO - Fillmore AuditoriumApril 26 - Austin, TX - Stubbs Barbeque

April 27 - Lubbock, TX - Big Back Yard

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

S.G.V.

Re: This tour.....will be THE TOUR!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 02:02:51 PM »
^^^^this looks fucking dope.....last night(3-29-02) bootsy was performing at something inglewood but by the time i got there it was too packed....i guess since it was free  :'( oh well maybe ill hit up this concert...also snoop was there..i heard that he came out with the archbishop magic don juan...DAMN IT!!!!!!.....the god of weed smoke and the god of pimping...and i missed it!!!....son of a bitch!

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 07:00:36 PM »
To bad itz not over here on the best side.... the west  :'(

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 07:17:56 PM »
To bad itz not over here on the best side.... the west  :'(

He seems to be playing in smaller venues, if he played here, he'd need the fuckin' Staples Center and the whole Mothership landing.