Author Topic: One of the reason that Warren G has fallen off  (Read 485 times)

Big_Loco_FME

Re: One of the reason that Warren G has fallen off
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2002, 10:32:45 AM »

I didnt really like his albums after "Take A Look Over Your Shoulder".. I think that was a tight album.. I listen to it all tha time.. I just wasn't feelin "I Want It All" or "Return Of The Regulator".. they bored me. He aint really comin with anything new..

Yup same here. I think his problem is he still thinks it's 1995, I mean look at his new album cover lol. nah for real tho, music is all about moving forward, not staying stagnant. He's still trying to do the whole G-funk thing, it's played out.

I guess in a way it's coo he's making music strictly for his old fan base, all 478 of them, but he's never going to be at the top again unless he does something new.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2002, 02:44:49 PM »
I hate to say it.. but Warren IMO was never looked at as a "TRUE STAR" by the general public.. (referring to the majority of the 4 million people who bought his first album.  Most weren't true G-Funk fans.)  

He was sorta ridin the success wave of the early Deathrow days.  He took advantage of that association by forming G-Funk with Def Jam's support which.. for the most part.. was successful.  But I dont think the public ever gave him that credit.. or let him stand on his own as an artist / CEO.

He just didn't garner that type of respect from the millions of people who bought his first album with the except of his devoted fans who continue to support him on every album.

I wish Warren would blow up cuz he brings an original sound to the West.  That may not be true, but that's kinda how I've always seen it.

Ax

i  think you have a good point...

warren g has never been properly promoted. they figure he sold 4 mil the first time round, he got a quality product, so he should sell damn good of the strength of his name. but as we see  thats not the case.

people still dont know warren g, or what he is about. he is a cool cat. but he is quiet, layed-back, and very reserved. so he doesnt attract much attention to promote himself.

if u think about the cats in hip hop that sell well, they are "characters" that have a "personality" in the publics eye. such as LUDACRIS, SNOOP DOGG, JAY Z, NELLY, PAC, BIGGIE, ETC.. i aint sayin they got more talent than warren, but they all have a persona or they are marketed correctly. thats why i think they sell constantly
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2002, 04:40:22 PM »

In fact. If you think like that, then:
Kurupt fell off.
Daz fell off.
Nate Dogg fell off.
Bad Azz fell off.
etc..

I wasn't thinking like that, i was askin why people think that when a artist sells less then he/she did before that they think he/she fell off. Because i think that is bullshit.

Why nobody is saying that? Just cause they rolling with Snoop and Warren G not? C'mon... be real!

I'm sorry, i dont understand your way of writing. It's probably because im from amsterdam and i smoke super shiva everyday. But on this sentence i dont know what you are talkin about.

Antonio

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2002, 09:50:57 PM »
I'm sorry, i dont understand your way of writing. It's probably because im from amsterdam and i smoke super shiva everyday. But on this sentence i dont know what you are talkin about.

That's probably because it was 4am when i wrote it, lol.

I mean..

Why you all aint saying that all those rappers didnt fell off? Cause they sold bad too. Is it just cause they cool with Snoop Dogg and his label? While Warren G is not working apparently with Snoop Dogg no more?

It was a provocation, just a provocation.