Poll

Since there are a ton of Laker threads that flood this Sports & Entertainment, should the Laker fans have their own Section ?

Yes
5 (29.4%)
No
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Should we make a new section for Laker fans?  (Read 2246 times)

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Should we make a new section for Laker fans?
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2005, 05:36:51 PM »
Lakers Run LA (and to a much lesser degree NIB) - why is it if anyone backs shaq up in this particular argument they are a shaq dickrider or a kobe hater? I love Kobe, just I disagree on this point... you make yourself look real immature with all that bullshit...

Knicks for the title  ;D

PLANT

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2005, 05:42:10 PM »
You can cry all you want about how his team sucks etc. but at the end of the day, hes not making the players around him better either. 

Really? That explains why Caron Butler, Chris Mihm, Jumain Jones, Chucky Atkins, Tierre Brown, and others improved from the previous season while playing with Kobe. Kobe also averaged a career high in assists. But you can only do so much...
Career numbers?  LOL, Caron was wayy better when he was with the heat.  And if Kobe was as great as you say he is, then why couldnt he carry that team to the playoffs? At least make the 8th spot then I might give him some credit.  For example, Ray Allen isnt surrounded with much talent (Rashard Lewis) and he can still take his team to the playoffs and make the players around him better.

By the way Lamar Odom>>Rashard Lewis

Get what Im saying?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2005, 05:43:51 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa the Sonics have an amazing team.  Their GM is ahead of the game of basketball and has come up with different ways to evaluate players more efficiently    ;D

PLANT

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2005, 05:52:25 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa the Sonics have an amazing team.  Their GM is ahead of the game of basketball and has come up with different ways to evaluate players more efficiently    ;D
I dont feel that on paper, the Sonics 2004-05 roster was any better than the Lakers 2004-05 roster.

This year, Id say the Lakers have a much better roster on paper than the Sonics, but we'll have to wait and see how that plays out.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2005, 05:59:03 PM »
And SGV..shut the fuck up with your "leader" comment..you don't what the fuck you're talking about..trust me, shaq is far from a leader,he's a cry baby,he holds grudges,,he's just a big woman,he always blames others for his team loosing..he complained about the offence in game 7,in the 4rth quarter,how he didn't get the ball enough..hmmm i wonder who was taking a shot @? oh yeah,D.Wack..

the reason the heat were better is b/c they had the better players duh..  give kobe a nother superstar and some guys who could make out side shots and lets see what happens...

And you guys are fucking morons when you say kobe doensn't pass the ball and he's selfish..what the fuck have you guys benn watching sinse the 99-2000 season?..you guys are a bunch of brain washed faggots who don't even watch Laker games..

like i said..last year was kobes worst season,,and thats b/c the Lakers just threw in a bunch of garbage out in the court and obviously none of them were able to make their "opened" shots when "kobe passed them the ball" out of the double or triple team...B.Grant sucked..C.migm always droped the ball when kobe got him the ball under the basket just like he used to do with shaq,but theirs a difference between shaq and migm..b.cook aint got no inside game,butler doesn't know how to cut to the basket ect ect ect

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2005, 06:00:44 PM »
The Sonics hired this scientist to help them pick undervalued players.  So they have talented players that dont stand out in the leauge leaders board etc but for example.  Their Forwards and Centers all have amazing Rebound Ratios, so the whole team was good when it came to rebounding but no player was a leauge leader in rebounds

PLANT

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2005, 06:03:41 PM »
I hear what your saying but on paper, the Sonics roster is still in no way superior to the Lakers.  Ray Allen is a great team player who makes the people around him elevate their game and play better.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2005, 06:04:32 PM »
the sonics have way better players around Allen then the Lakers have around kobe...kobe>>allen..but besides that,sonics had way better players

R,lewis>>lamar

their PG is way better then what the Lakers had and he knows how to set people up..A.Daniels is beter then any roll player (solid defender)the Lakers have,and that 7 foot russian who was making all those 3 pointers is also beter any roll player then Laker have

just proves you don't know shit about b-ball

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2005, 06:06:50 PM »

just proves you don't know shit about b-ball

Why are you so defensive man?  lol

PLANT

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2005, 06:13:21 PM »
Well IMO the trio of Kobe, Odom and Butler is equal to Allen, Lewis and Rodmanovich (yes you said I didnt know shit about basketball but you forgot who the russian was)

I have my opinion, and you have yours....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2005, 06:14:36 PM »
obviously it wasn't a better trio :laugh:   :grumpy:

PLANT

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2005, 06:16:26 PM »
And no, I am not a Shaq dickrider.  I do not have picutres of him in my signature and avatar.  I dont have his posters on my wall and I dont think he is god.  I dont get defensive when someone says something negative about him.  No.

PLANT

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2005, 06:17:37 PM »
obviously it wasn't a better trio :laugh:   :grumpy:
you missed the whole point you moron.  If Kobe was a good as you say, than they would and should be a better trio

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2005, 10:39:13 PM »
yeah b/c you're  "leecher faggot" contribute to this forum instead of just saying stupid stuff

and lol @ you faggots getting owned..now it's come to telling me i'm a lil boy and i need to get a girl and to stop riding kobes nuts :loser: :loser:

like i said ,,you guys are the real dick ryders...no one said shaq wasn't dominent and the best b-ball player @ that time.that has nothing to do with why we hate shaq,Laker fans don't even argue who was responsible for those championships,(We know it takes a team effort to win championships,unlike you morons)you guys are the ones who always bring that up when people are saying some real stuff about shaq..that's your #1 defense when it comes to protecting your boy toy shaq...fucking faggots..this is why EVERYONE IN L.A IS SAYING FUCK SHAQ..IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHOS REALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIPS BLAH BLAH BLAH..GET IT THROUGH YOUR STUPID THICK HEADS,THIS IS WHY NO ONE IN L.A LIKES SHAQ...

funny that when anyone says Shaq was responsible for those championships...you will say it was a team effort. But your losing season last year wasnt a TEAM EFFORT...it was everyone ELSES fault BUT Kobe's.  ::) Now thats retarded...

That's because there was no team last year...It was a bunch of players thrown together on the court who were told to "run and gun" by someone who wasn't even a coach. Organized basketball consists of a lot more, and believe it or not, it's not all in Kobe's hands...PeACe

as long as they lose right? I never said its ALL in his hands. It isnt ALL in his hands when they win. He is a part of why they win. But at the same time (and i dont know WHY this is so hard for you Kobe fans to get...) he is ALSO part of the team when they LOSE. Difficult to understand...i know. But its true...there isnt an asterisk next to all Laker losses saying...*This wasnt Kobe's fault.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2005, 11:07:58 PM »
^comparing jordan on the wizards and kobe last year isn't a bad example. age shouldn't matter for a leader...many consider shaq washed upbut his leadership skills helped that team. NIK made a good point, just cuz you got a great player/leader on your team doesn't mean you can dump a bunch of players in there with him and they should win every game, remember jordan didn't do anything til his early 30's late 20's , you have to have players that COMPLIMENT a great player in order to have a great team . that's why the lakers traded and dismantled everyone from their line up last year, cuz they didn't have shaq who they were building around and had to start all over and build around kobe.

Jordan hadn't played for a few years, he was rusty. How is that even comparable?

correct me if i'm wrong but jordan had back to back seasons with the wizards....i know 55 year old guys that can own all american's being the GOAT , i'm sure...naw i now jordan wasn't rusty after the first 25 games, like whoever said it before me skill deminishes with age, but leadership only improves

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09