Author Topic: Does "Ironman" = "Cuban Linx 2" to you?  (Read 278 times)

soopa-man

Does "Ironman" = "Cuban Linx 2" to you?
« on: October 05, 2005, 11:07:48 PM »
It's the same formula, same stars, and Raekwon owned two joints on the album to himself, without Ghost on Ghost's album, just like Ghost did on Rae's album ("Faster Blade", "Assassination Day") But it doesnt seem to get the classic stamp or even follow up to the "Cuban Linx" album, which it pretty much is, it has great production by RZA, dope interludes and samples of soul (which no one was doing at the time) I mean maybe people were just too into the "Jiggy Shit" that was in its prime at the time, But shit "Wu-Forever" blew up and owns some of RZA's hottest beats ("Reunited", "Heavens Sake") What's your opinion is "Ironman" the follow up or is Raekwon's upcoming new album "Cuban Linx 2" the real follow up? Even though it hasn't been mentioned if Rae and Ghost will be rocking shit 2gether as much as they did with their first two joints...To me it's a long over due return of Raekwon and that Cuban Linx style shit, but to me "Ironman" picked up the peices that "Cuban Linx" left off and sealed the deal...

We Fly High

Re: Does "Ironman" = "Cuban Linx 2" to you?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 11:43:11 PM »
yup. the only wu cds i have are 36 chambers, cuban linx, and then Ironman. ghostface was striaght up on some other shit on the next level.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 12:14:30 AM »
Nah,that album isnt all that great & Im saying this as a big Ghostface fan.The album does possess a few classics,actually those classics are some of my favorite Wu joints ever but the CD itself doesnt come anywhere near the word classic.Supreme Clientele is what Ironman shouldlve sounded like & the funny thing about that album is that Ghostface worked wit numerous producers unlike Ironman where it was fully produced by RZA except for the track "Fish".Actually I was first dissapointed when I heard Ironman cause this album cant compare to other Wu solo albums fully produced by RZA.So imo Ironman cant stand in the same sentence as Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...Plus the 2 albums have a completely different sound so I cant see how anyone would call this the continuation of Rae's first album.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 02:24:00 AM »
not really similar IMO, Cuban Linx and Ironman have a pretty different feeling to them. Ironman is good, but not remotely close to Cuban Linx and I agree Supreme Clientele was Face´s best

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:28:03 PM »
not really similar IMO, Cuban Linx and Ironman have a pretty different feeling to them. Ironman is good, but not remotely close to Cuban Linx and I agree Supreme Clientele was Face´s best

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 12:04:05 AM »
supreme clientelle > wu tangs whole catalog

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 08:06:02 AM »
^ur joking right

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 08:29:03 AM »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 09:31:44 PM »
only the solo joints. minus cuban linx

dray

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 09:54:43 PM »
i never thought of it as being cuban linx 2 but i guess you're right.