Author Topic: Anyone (else) on here play the guitar?  (Read 193 times)

Don Seer

Anyone (else) on here play the guitar?
« on: October 06, 2005, 04:36:52 AM »
I just got my first one.. its an electro acoustic and is copy of the ovation elite.. looks like this.. cost me very little.. i got it simply because i wanted an electro acoustic and it was the cheapest i could find.. i like it as its not got the stereotypical acoustic look

(not a picture of mine... but mines identical)

i can't play for shit :D.. it only arrived yest.. so i'm just starting learning.. just learning to change between chords n stuff.. i've also learned the very first part of the metallica song 'nothing else matters' from a guy at work

my friend has an fender copy and he's only messed around with it occassionally.. he's constantly learning bits of new songs from tabs, or just working em out.. so we're gonna be able to mess around and try pick up songs together and trade tips etc.. i wouldn't call it jam yet... lol.. also means i'll be able to play with his guitar a bit..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 05:00:04 AM by Overseer »

BJV

Re: Anyone (else) on here play the guitar?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 04:50:44 AM »
There was a topic just like this a while back  :P

That guitar looks tight

Inspire / Moss

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.DUBCNN.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 04:53:20 AM »
I was given a guitar by someone a while back, a real good one.. reason he gave me it was cause he got an even better one..  i don't think its as good as this one though, these are hella expensive from what i remember when i looked.

I can't really play for shit atm, i can play some cool lil riffs n shit but nothin special.  He's into all rock and shit, but i wanna utilize it for hip hop production to do some dj quik soundin stuff, plus at the moment i can't even afford an amp lol

~ Westcoast News Network ~

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 05:11:25 AM »
I've played one a few times, but I can't really play anything.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 05:21:04 AM »
Iīve got a cheap old acoustic, but my playing skills are more or less decent. I can play a bunch of songs and I can handle most techniques that arenīt too difficult. Iīm not all that though

and lol, the very beginning of nothing else matters is (low) E, D, B, E, B, D...great to start with since you donīt have to use your left hand :D ...the song gets just a lil more difficult when you go on though

and yeah, Doggy made a topic about it a few weeks ago

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 06:05:54 AM »
and lol, the very beginning of nothing else matters is (low) E, D, B, E, B, D...great to start with since you donīt have to use your left hand :D ...the song gets just a lil more difficult when you go on though

lol. yeah.. then theres those 2 high notes.. holding down the high E on fret 7 and a pull off there too.. i can do those.. then supposed to roll the same EDBE.. while playing more.. there i'm stuck

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 06:12:57 AM »
I taught myself to play long ago.  I've got several guitars but they sit around collecting dust... ironically I picked one up and played about 10 songs last night for the first time in probably 6 months.  When I learned to play, I decided to learn how to play a guitar strung for a right handed person, although I'm left handed.  I'd rather be able to play any guitar, instead of just my special guitar that's strung backwards, you know?  So since I did that, my good hand is the hand I fret with, it's harder for me to play and arpeggiate chords because my weak hand is the one that strums and picks.  It's caused me trouble over the years, but I'm sure if I practiced more, I'd sound better.  It's hard for me to learn anything with fingerpicking, although I can do a couple songs great.  Anything with hillbilly chords I can play well, and since my strumming hand is the clumsy one, my playing has a really rough and jangly style to it.  Sounds pretty cool on some songs. 

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 06:42:10 AM »

lol. yeah.. then theres those 2 high notes.. holding down the high E on fret 7 and a pull off there too.. i can do those.. then supposed to roll the same EDBE.. while playing more.. there i'm stuck

e|-----7 - 8----7h8p7- 5
b|-----0 - 0----0-------- 0

I guess this could cause trouble :)

most of the song ainīt that hard though

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 06:44:44 AM »
oh yeah, try "California" by Phantom Planet or "Satisfaction". Those are riffs you can learn in 3 minutes

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 09:04:02 AM »
WTF SEER YOU KIDDING, comon man i just made this thread, lol

anyways, yeah i got a class goin, i think seers copyin my style though man, the whole getting back into skating, then seer does, then i get a guitar then seer does,  ;)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 10:10:25 AM »

anyways, yeah i got a class goin, i think seers copyin my style though man, the whole getting back into skating, then seer does, then i get a guitar then seer does,  ;)

who wouldnīt wanna be a dumb movie character who accidentally blows out brains in a car and gets killed taking a shit

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 10:17:57 AM »
^^^  soooo you just changed your appearance. Well who wouldnīt wanna be somebody who wants to be Sikotic

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 10:25:57 AM »
hahah i wana learn california, ive heard the shortened oc version like a zillion times.

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 11:10:50 AM »

hey i been skating again nearly 3 years now fool!

what guitar did u get.. i missed ya thread...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 11:31:25 AM »
hahah i wana learn california, ive heard the shortened oc version like a zillion times.

can you play at all though? and lol, I did reckon that you with your OC sig knew the song....I like it, itīs catchy and fun to play. I canīt stand OC, but Iīve seen the intro, the whole song is actually better than what youīd expect from that. And itīs really easy, you barely gotta move your fingers. But if you canīt play at all, itīs a pain in the ass or wrist respectively like for all beginners. Thatīs something you just gotta go through when you start