Author Topic: CALLING ALL CANADIANS  (Read 253 times)

NADYA_IS_BACK

CALLING ALL CANADIANS
« on: October 12, 2005, 09:57:49 AM »
Hi,
next year i have to move to a french speaking country for a year, and as I really dont efel like moving to africa or france for a year I figured canada would be pretty cool, however I know absaloutly nothing about the place. I was wondering if anyone knew what montreal was like? as I could probably get a years placement there. Hows the nightlife, shopping, etc? What is the ethnic mix like? Can I drink at 20?
Thanks!
Nadya xxx

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: CALLING ALL CANADIANS
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 09:59:41 AM »
yeah go bother the french. yes you can come to Canada as long as you stay away fom Vancouver  ;D

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 10:06:14 AM »
I've never been to Montreal, but I did live in Canada for 12 years. From what I've heard Montreal is a beuatiful city. Don't know how good the nightlife is compared to whereever it is you live but, in most peoplez opinion next to toronto it is the best city in Canada. And yes you can drink at 20.  :cheers:

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 10:09:30 AM »
I've never been to Montreal, but I did live in Canada for 12 years. From what I've heard Montreal is a beuatiful city. Don't know how good the nightlife is compared to whereever it is you live but, in most peoplez opinion next to toronto it is the best city in Canada. And yes you can drink at 20.  :cheers:

HAHA you're joking right? Vancouver's the best city in Canada,North America, World. Trust me they got voted by National Geographic Committee, i think but yea Van got voted by some liable source/committee

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 10:12:36 AM »
they dont really speak french there, english is the main language, but french is well known, kinda like spanish in LA

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 10:31:10 AM »
they dont really speak french there, english is the main language, but french is well known, kinda like spanish in LA

or Ebonics in South Central.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 10:47:26 AM »

Sort of. In the heart of Quebec and much of the Maritimes French is actually pretty prominently spoken.

I've never actually been to Montreal but I have driven past it, the traffic is terrible. Supposedly it's like Toronto, meaning that there is a fair ethnic mix. Everyone I know who's been said the bars were great. And yes, in Quebec you can drink at age 18.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 10:53:04 AM »
Make sure to find some dank tree connects... 8)

NADYA_IS_BACK

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 11:34:03 AM »
yep, i know its gonna be so easy, i gotta teach english to a bunch of kids who already know it probably better than french. ha ha ha . n ill get paid like £800 a month cus they are so in demand over there apparently!?!?!? Oh who knows. Anyway im bringin the party 2 cananda! If anyone wants to meet up get in touch cos I wont know anyone  :-[

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 11:38:21 AM »
yep, i know its gonna be so easy, i gotta teach english to a bunch of kids who already know it probably better than french. ha ha ha . n ill get paid like £800 a month cus they are so in demand over there apparently!?!?!? Oh who knows. Anyway im bringin the party 2 cananda! If anyone wants to meet up get in touch cos I wont know anyone  :-[

Nice hustle, way to make the paper

I've never been to Montreal, but I did live in Canada for 12 years. From what I've heard Montreal is a beuatiful city. Don't know how good the nightlife is compared to whereever it is you live but, in most peoplez opinion next to toronto it is the best city in Canada. And yes you can drink at 20. :cheers:

HAHA you're joking right? Vancouver's the best city in Canada,North America, World. Trust me they got voted by National Geographic Committee, i think but yea Van got voted by some liable source/committee

HA, says you. I went to Vancouver once...to many hippies. It not like i can talk though, cause the majority of my Canadian life was spent in Winnipeg.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:54:53 AM by ted187 »

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2005, 11:40:46 AM »

Nice hustle, way to make the paper

I've never been to Montreal, but I did live in Canada for 12 years. From what I've heard Montreal is a beuatiful city. Don't know how good the nightlife is compared to whereever it is you live but, in most peoplez opinion next to toronto it is the best city in Canada. And yes you can drink at 20. :cheers:

HA, says you. I went to Vancouver once...to many hippies. It don't like i can talk though, cause the majority of my Canadian life was spent in Winnipeg.

hippies? dog next time u come, ill take u to the right places...Vancouver produces more playmates than any other city in the world...you know what im talkin bout  ;)

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 12:08:06 PM »
i live near montreal (15 minutes by car). i lived 14 years in montreal .Most ppl speak french and english.Ethnic is all mixed up,you got canadians(duh),haitian,lebaneese,greek,africans,pakistanies...,it's very multicultural  8) you can find any kind of food here.The nightlife is amazing here,in downtown there's like 390578658946 bars you can drink in.We got AfterHours- Clubs that serves no alchohol but it's open from 1am till 12pm,the dj spins hiphop and techno in 2 rooms so u got the choice.If u smoke weed it's pretty easy to get some and it's bomb ass weed (well most of the time).Weed is not legal but it's tolerated.The legal age to drink here it's 18! HaHa poor americans that have to wait till 21 -- Just Joking --! :cheers:  don't know much of toronto and vancouver but i heard they are great place to live and hang out.Maybe 1 day i'll go visit those places.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 12:19:59 PM by LET'S ROLL »

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 04:22:06 PM »
no doubt VANCITY is the best canadian city
BEST HOES,COOL CATS AND IT PRODUCES THE BEST BUD

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 04:31:27 PM »
well It's obvious that Vancouver is the best city in Canada, but NOBODY speaks French here.  And if you do, people will spit on you.  lol. 

Montreal supposedly has the best nightlife in Canada.  I hear that you can leave a club with a drink and enter another with it.  And drink on the streets (in a certain area).  And they have bomb ass poutine.  lol.  Montreal is the second biggest city in Canada (3 million people), so there will always be something to do.  Although most concerts and shows mainly only hit Toronto and Vancouver.  And there is a TON of Hells Angels in Montreal.

On a side note, 1 shitty thing about living in Canada is that it's so fuckin big.  It's too expensive to travel within Canada.  It's cheaper for me to fly to San Fran, LA, or Vegas than it is to fly to Montreal or Toronto.  >:(

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 04:34:55 PM »
On a side note, 1 shitty thing about living in Canada is that it's so fuckin big.  It's too expensive to travel within Canada.  It's cheaper for me to fly to San Fran, LA, or Vegas than it is to fly to Montreal or Toronto.  >:(

Fucking right man, it blows my mind sometimes how big the Dominion is at times. It's definetly way cheaper too travel to the US than to out West. I'd love to see BC but damn is it expensive to fly out of Southern Ontario.

Crazy thing I heard was my Uncle who travels from Alberta to PEI (where my Aunt is living). He takes a plane from one area of Alberta to another, then flies to Toronto, then to Nova Scotia (Halifax I think) before arriving in Charlettown, and then it's an hour and a half drive or so. Insane the size of this country.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris