Author Topic: Random ass thought  (Read 302 times)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
Random ass thought
« on: October 12, 2005, 07:55:59 PM »
How come when there is a tragedy like 9/11 and stuff, we always take time to remember it and commemorate the people ( not a bad thing), but we never recognize things like the black plague a long time ago where it was like millions of people, they are people too?

J Bananas

Re: Random ass thought
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »
black plague a long time ago

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 08:01:58 PM »
so cause it was a long time ago they dont mat'er?

edit; wow im buzzed and need some slep

UAK

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 08:10:27 PM »
The Spanish Flu Pandemic, also known as the Great Influenza Pandemic, the 1918 Flu Epidemic and La Grippe, was an unusually severe and deadly strain of avian influenza, a viral infectious disease, that killed some 25 million to 50 million people worldwide in 1918 and 1919. It is thought to have been one of the most deadly pandemics so far in human history.

:o

Depends on who kilt ya  :D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 08:12:00 PM by VietCong »

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 08:16:55 PM »
so cause it was a long time ago they dont mat'er?

edit; wow im buzzed and need some slep

Yeh ano wot u sayin is 9/11 gon b remembered in 100 yeerz time??

The Maestro

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 08:49:34 PM »
There's lots of tragedies forgotten. Only the recent ones are remembered. One of the reasons why we'll never truly learn from our mistakes.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 12:57:48 AM »
A better question would've been:  Why is it a tragedy when hundreds or a couple thousand Americans die, but tens of thousands of dead Iraqis just happens to be another statistic (in some cases.. collateral damage) ... ?

If a bomb kills an American family... it's a disgusting attack by cowards... but a bomb dropped on a family in Afghanistan is a "mishap" or "error"...

No matter how you want to look at this shit... the root of the problem will always be U.S. foreign policy... it's always gonna come back down to that shit...

Why were the Mujahideen in Afghanistan called freedom fighters, but the ones in Iraq are called insurgents, terrorists, etc...? They're fighting for the same exact shit... driving out an occupation... it just so happens that Americans rather than Soviets are the aggressors in the latter case...

my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 12:59:15 AM »
^ye good point

sup jamal  ;D

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 05:29:16 AM »
because its hard to sell the idea of a "War on Flu"...

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 06:01:15 AM »
A better question would've been:  Why is it a tragedy when hundreds or a couple thousand Americans die, but tens of thousands of dead Iraqis just happens to be another statistic (in some cases.. collateral damage) ... ?

If a bomb kills an American family... it's a disgusting attack by cowards... but a bomb dropped on a family in Afghanistan is a "mishap" or "error"...

No matter how you want to look at this shit... the root of the problem will always be U.S. foreign policy... it's always gonna come back down to that shit...

Why were the Mujahideen in Afghanistan called freedom fighters, but the ones in Iraq are called insurgents, terrorists, etc...? They're fighting for the same exact shit... driving out an occupation... it just so happens that Americans rather than Soviets are the aggressors in the latter case...

what makes Bush so much different than hitler???

AndrE16686

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 07:13:19 AM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 07:26:46 AM »

he wins wars. if hitler won the war noone would have said shit.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

'EclipZe

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 09:07:59 AM »

he wins wars. if hitler won the war noone would have said shit.

we would all be lil nazi's by now then

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 09:24:08 AM »
yeah things might be really weird and a lot worse than now with bush, still, at the end of the day, what matters most is if you win or lose. stalin murdered more people than hitler, yet ppl talk a lot more about hitler, obviously. because in the end hitler got germany fucked up, with stalin and russia it's a different story.
also, the winners always write the history books and the losers always get predicted as the villains. in hitler's case, he was a true villain, so it doesnt change that much. but america always gets predicted as the good country, even though they're the true villains sometimes, which is only possible cause they write the history books.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 10:01:46 AM »
^^^i dunno if thats true depends if ur taking into account the war casulties cos russia lost 20 million alone in ww2 i don't know what american and the british empire's losses were tho

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?