Author Topic: Man, everybody try and slow down a little bit out there  (Read 471 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Man, everybody try and slow down a little bit out there
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 12:58:41 PM »
well its very rare to see anyone drive on the hard shoulder here, i've only seen it a couple of times in my life. but the emergency services do sometimes.

we got bad drivers here too i get so frustated on the motorway especially the m25 (the one that circles london), they've just widened it to 5 lanes in some places and everyone drives in the 3 outside lanes they haven't got a fucking clue its rediculas, its like that on all motorways you get middle lane drivers who sit in the middle overtaking lane likes its there own personal lane ppl do that in the fast lane (the outside overtaking lane) to some extent too, this leads to the fast lane filled with bmw and mercedeiz drivers all doing ninety odd mph tailgating eachother, it gets fucking dangerous when things slow down because they all have to break really suddenly.

we also get dicks like the guy last week who just pulled right across into the middle lane as soon as he got on the motorway, he pulled out probably 2 cars lengths infront of me and i was traveling probably 20 to 30 mph faster than him its only because i have good breaks i didn't go straight into the back of him. I saw I overtook him after and looked at him and saw him laugh, i was about to give him major roadrage and give him a taste of his own medicine by breaking him infront of him, but my senses came thru because it was a busy motorway and i didn't want to cause an accident so a let it slide but he really knew how to get me frustrated!!!!

what is the speed limit in america isn't it 50 mph or somink rediculas? over here on the motorway its 70 mph but everyone speeds half the driver cruise along at 70 - 80 mph whilst the other half tend to travel between 80 - 110 mph. i usually keep it under 100 because if the police deem it dangerous driving they can give you a year ban. but i always leave loads of room especially because i'd rather use my breaks as little as possible so i leave enough room for me to be able to just let off the accelerator when things slow down.

other european countries drive a bit faster than we do but from experience the tend to be worse drivers too, however to be honest most of england's bad drivers tend to be around london its definatly the most aggressive place, i don't like to drive there it takes too long, costs too much and is too stressful!! which is why i normally take the train but thats pretty much the only time i use public services unless its a night out because its cheaper and more convienient to drive.

oh and what overseer was saying about the coffin dodgers is another scary point, when i worked at a petrol station I saw so many old timers that really didn't have a clue driving they had a hard enough time filling i dread to think what they were like when they got behind the wheel. I'll tell you a story about one i used to work with at my last job in bristol we had this lady who was about 65/70 in invoice processing she planned every root before going out so that she would never have to go on a dual carridge way or make a right turn (across on coming traffic) thus she had never done either of those in her life, this meant her drive to work was half an hour longer than it could be if she went on the ring road. If someone is that scared or incompetent they shouldn't be on the road at all.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:05:58 PM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 01:17:45 PM »
Hell no it's not 50! Come on man.  I don't know how they label roads over there, but over here the biggest are called Interstates... on the Interstate, (where this accident happened), the speed limit can be 55 if it's a really congested area of the city with lots of ramps, 60 or 65 if it's in the city but is pretty well isolated from outside traffic, and on the roads between cities it's 70 or sometimes even 75.  That's Miles Per Hour as well, I don't know if you use MPH where you are. 

People typically drive 5 or 10 miles over the speedlimit.  If we were out in the country or something, I would never drive 100 miles an hour, that's insane.  I think I've seen 100 once or twice in my life and the car was on the verge of out of control.  If I'm driving 90 I'm fucking FLYING and if a cop catches you driving 90 you're in some serious shit.  I do usually drive around 75 or 80 if I'm on the interstate travelling (which I do daily with my job). 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 01:25:39 PM »
wtf so a quiet a few drivers in England are driving around 100MPh?!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 01:53:33 PM »
yea i theres always people doing 100 on the motor way but i wouldn;t say its alot maybe 5 or 10 % of drivers.

Yea we use mph, the motorways are the fastests roads like yout interstates, most country lanes are national speed limit which is 60 mph but in alot of them you can't actually drive that fast so you just gotta judge the speed for the road, in towns and cities it tends to be 30 - 40 mph and 20 - 30 in residential areas. Plus after making decent roads everywhere, they've now added speed humps, chicanes (although they can be quite fun when its quiet) etc everywhere, and thats not even mentioning the speed cameras, talking of speed cameras anyone noticed the m25 variable speed limit cameras flashing alot lately?? i think they may have lowered the tollerence they give you.... any info would be welcomed.

Cars over here are alot more reliable than american cars and unlike america we have MOTs every year which comprises of a number of test to how safe you car is to be legally alowed on the road. We don't buy american cars here, well we do have fords but they make different models for europe and they tend to be some of the safest cars, but apart from ford we buy european or japaneese in general which are far superior cars than your petrol guzzlers. I've taken all of my cars i've had over 100 and as long as the road can take that sort of speed and its not congested its relatively safe. The fastest i've been on the road was 170 mph but i wasn't driving, it was at the classic car show at the birmingham NEC, my dad was doing something for charity offering people a ride in his Lous Esprit turbo and he paid for meto go out in this guys AC Cobra (beautiful looking car, it was the exhaust pipes on the either side of the car) it was fucking awsome i've wanted one ever since. The police got a bit upset with the even tho because they tried to pull over one of the other cars but as soon as they put on their lights he pretty much left them standing they couldn't keep up! they did catch up with him later tho lucky for him they just gave him a talking too, it would have probably been an entirely different story if it hadn't been for charity tho.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:56:23 PM by Don Rizzle »

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 02:03:59 PM »
what a creep, driving with his baby drunk

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 02:09:05 PM »
drunks are like that.. if you ever have the misfortune to know a "proper" drunk you'll learn how they'll lie, cheat, hide and steal to get a drink.. ultimately if they don't learn they will lose everything from wifes, homes, jobs and even lose respect from their own children..

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 03:18:48 PM »
Drunks are horrible.  Worse than Drug Addicts.

The absolute worst addiction, though, trust me... is gambling.  A gambler not only can do all the dangerous and self destructive damage to himself and his family and his relationships, but can also ruin his/her life and everyone elses around him financially.  It's scary.  My mother's a gambling addict, but she's toned it down a little.  I've got a friend who's dad was a gambler, he lost their house, lost their marriage, filed bankruptcy, his kids hate him... etc.

Don Rizzle, we have our cars checked every year for safety as well.  Also you're talking about all these nice newer cars people are driving 100 mph, I've never been one to buy a new car, all of mine are old.  If I was to spend several thousand dollars mine could handle 100 mph pretty capably too, but that's not really something I'm interested in... I always thought of cars as a status symbol, and I don't need status symbols.  I'd rather have the money in the bank tallying up than sitting in my driveway depreciating. 

I've had several decent cars though that I could drive as fast as I wanted I guess... I had a '82 Datsun 280ZX Turbo that was fast as shit, I bought some nice Pirelli tires for it and it handled great.  Just a little thing though, it was so fun.  I also have a '69 Mustang that's a beast, they're extremely fast but the suspension and the brakes aren't at a point where I'd feel comfortable flying in. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 03:20:35 PM by I Want My Donation Back »

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 03:21:55 PM »
It only takes one lunatic to kill you. Never forget that, whereever you go.  >:(

lol

i just got my Learners since im 16, and im glad that drivers in Canada are pretty gentle through my knowledge & experience

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 03:36:26 PM »
don't get me wrong i'm the same as you i don't see the point in paying out thousands on something that is garenteed to lose its value, I baught my first 2 cars for under 600 pounds and my current car is a honda civic which cost me 1.5k when i baught it and they were all about 10 years old at the time of purchase.

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 03:44:30 PM »
^ yeah true... if u buy new u gotta keep new and sell regularly to stop losing lots..

i got the car i have now coz i wanna keep it for a long time while I save for a house

as for the safety test.. i guess it varies from state to state (like i know cali is nuts on emissions etc) but our testing is very strict.. they're thorough.. its a 40 minute rigourous test including emissions, brake, tyres, head/side lights, indicators, safety belts... and structural integrity (rust).. and its getting stricter every year
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 03:46:29 PM by Overseer »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 03:48:06 PM »
yea i just asumed america didn't have tests because the sheds you see on pimp my ride would never be alowed on our roads

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 03:49:32 PM »

yeah fo real.. a lot of the cars on pimp my ride would be scrap over here

Trauma-san

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 09:22:50 PM »
^ yeah true... if u buy new u gotta keep new and sell regularly to stop losing lots..

i got the car i have now coz i wanna keep it for a long time while I save for a house

as for the safety test.. i guess it varies from state to state (like i know cali is nuts on emissions etc) but our testing is very strict.. they're thorough.. its a 40 minute rigourous test including emissions, brake, tyres, head/side lights, indicators, safety belts... and structural integrity (rust).. and its getting stricter every year

That's the same as here.  You have to get your car inspected every year, they test the emissions, the brakes, the tires, the lights, the belts, the emergency brake, rust, the windshield wipers, headlight alignment, the horn, etc. 

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2005, 12:04:49 AM »
drunks are like that.. if you ever have the misfortune to know a "proper" drunk you'll learn how they'll lie, cheat, hide and steal to get a drink.. ultimately if they don't learn they will lose everything from wifes, homes, jobs and even lose respect from their own children..
Tell me about it,2 family members of mine used to be alchaholics.One of them just started doing that again & that person to me is very very close.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2005, 03:02:15 AM »

That's the same as here.  You have to get your car inspected every year, they test the emissions, the brakes, the tires, the lights, the belts, the emergency brake, rust, the windshield wipers, headlight alignment, the horn, etc. 

It's not mandatory though. And even if you don't pass the emission test, you can still drive your car. At least in Minnesota that is the case.