Author Topic: NV Of Los Angeles: "Go Hard or Go Home" (Frank Lee White, goldeneye, THX + more!  (Read 593 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
www.dubcnn.com - peep audio and images and drop feedback!!

NV Of Los Angeles: "Go Hard or Go Home" - October 18, 2005 By : Rud
Another new westcoast act that many of you may not be familiar with is the group, NV. The duo consists of Absolute and Dolla, two young men who have grown up in L.A. and come together to form the group NV. Absolute speaks on the groups focus: ""The hip hop community is used to the norm. As a group, people feel like we should have a similar sound or flow but I think thats where n*ggas fail at. Its time for something fresh and new."

Regarding the name NV, Dolla revealed: "The name came with our experience. In school we were the flashy n*ggas that had what other n*ggas wanted but n*ggas know we are street niggas so they never came at us but it was obvious that the envy was there."

Initially the duo started out with their sights set on gaining money and fame however over a period of time maturity set in and the goals of the group changed: "I started rappin as a hobby. I met a producer back in high school and told him i rapped and he put me on. N*ggas in the hood were feelin it so I chose to pursue it and then brought Dolla on." to which Dolla replied, "I didnt rap at all but after we did our first show and we seen the reaction i fell in love with it. I saw it as a way to make money but me and Loot [Absolute] both realize its much bigger than that. We speak on what we've experienced and what we see which can be the same way a n*gga from my hood feels, a person from the sub-burbs or even someone in another country may be feeling. When you listen to Pac, Jay-Z, Game and 50 and see how their music reaches people who dont even speak your lanuage thats big. Its time for us to share our experiences with the world as well."

So with all the background on the group and it's goals laid down i know you will want to hear some product! NV currently have a compilation in the streets called Go Hard or Go Home which features production from Goldeneye, THX, J Classic, Ink, And Ric Rude. The CD has appearances from west coast emcees Badd Lucc, J-Do, down south artist and recent Warren G collaborator Frank Lee White as well as R&B features from new sensation Teray, Jasmine, and Alycia Bellamy. The compilation is also packaged with a dvd sampler from their upcoming "More Than Music" DVD. NV is also hosting "UnPlugged" a showcase for independent artists to perform and promote their music. Below you can view the compliations covers, audio and a full tracklist! Please drop feedback and thoughts over at the forums.

Go Hard or Go Home: Front Cover | Back Cover
01) J-Classic @ Roscoes
02) NV - Music (Produced By J-classic)
03) NV - My Block (Produced By Goldeneye)
04) NV - F*ck That Hotline
05) NV - F*ck That (Produced By Goldeneye)
06) NV - On The Floor (Feat. Badd Lucc & J-Do) (Produced By THX)
07) NV - Gators (Feat. Frank Lee White & Jovi)
08) NV - Nothin' Like You (Feat. Teray) (Produced By Goldeneye)
09) NV - All On Me (Feat. J) (Produced By Goldeneye & J)
10) Guerilla Black Shout Out
11) NV - Gotta Get It (Produced By Goldeneye)
12) NV - Sometimes (Feat. Badd Lucc) (Produced By THX)
13) In Those Jeans Skit
14) NV - Teray - Do Somethin' (Produced By Goldeneye)
15) J - 10 Positions (Produced By Goldeneye & J)
16) Teray - Work (Produced By Goldeneye)
17) Teray - One More Time (Produced By Goldeneye)
18) Teray - When We Get Alone (Produced By Goldeneye & J Myers)
19) Teray - Closer (Produced By Goldeneye)
20) Jazz Body (Produced By Goldeneye)
21) Alycia Bellamy - Take Me Away (Produced By Goldeneye)
22) Cali Love Skit
23) Teray - Just Kids (Feat. NV) (Produced By Goldeneye)

www.dubcnn.com - peep audio and images and drop feedback!!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
That song "Fuck that" is fire...and Golden Eye has some hard azz beats.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Yea so has J-Classic, i think Mack 10 gonna be working with him too!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Yea J-Classic is my boy too, I met him back in 02. He played me a beat back then that he did for Suga Free, and I think Free is usin it on the next album...that shit was dope as hell, souded like some indian type fast shit that Free likes to rap to.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Who else checked this out? i know a hell of a lot of people did! Feedback please!

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hard beats, hard lyrics, catchy hooks, this is great + these new songs you posted are very good too thanks and props for all the work you put in bringing us all these artists that if it werent for dubcnn i wouldnt know of.