Poll

Artest vs Odom/Brown?

Hell yeah! Artest is the real deal
Hell no! Odom/Brown are the future of the NBA

Author Topic: Would you make that trade? (Artest vs Odom/Brown)  (Read 1482 times)

acbaylove

Re: Would you make that trade? (Artest vs Odom/Brown)
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2005, 03:26:36 PM »
It's just that you 2 got that subtle beef going on in the last couple of days.. it's some petty shit to me, there are people dying out there, those things do happen. You 2 basically argue about Lamar Odom for days. I mean Im not the one to tell people what they should talk about, but yeah, sorry to interrupt.

You're right. I mean i already posted days ago that i'm cool with him having a different opinion, and that only time will tell who's right. But we're talking about something different in the last posts. We're talking about the plan behind Lakers future, not about this simple trade. It's basically

OPTION 1 (hoping for the young non-supertars-yet Odom and Brown to eventually reach their full potential) or
OPTION 2 (trading them for a superstar-now player trying to convince other FA's to sign for the Lakers starting from 2 superstars and building the team around them, and using the 2007/08 FA to complete a contender team)

I go with Option 2, he goes with Option 1. But i aint the one dissing him. It's just that he takes everything personal, even when i say i dont think Odom is an all-star material yet.

Anyway i'm tired of opening the Sports & Entertainment section of this forum and everytime there's a new post by Nik who just cant accept me having a different opinion. Like i said, i didnt kill your dog, homie. And i'm a Laker fan too. I'd rather get a superstar player now, and rebuild the team around him and Kobe. You prefeer to delevope Brown and Odom (good luck) into superstars. But we're both Laker fans, lol. Just with a different idea on the 2007/08 plan.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2005, 04:01:45 PM »
It's just that you 2 got that subtle beef going on in the last couple of days.. it's some petty shit to me, there are people dying out there, those things do happen. You 2 basically argue about Lamar Odom for days. I mean Im not the one to tell people what they should talk about, but yeah, sorry to interrupt.

You're right. I mean i already posted days ago that i'm cool with him having a different opinion, and that only time will tell who's right. But we're talking about something different in the last posts. We're talking about the plan behind Lakers future, not about this simple trade. It's basically

OPTION 1 (hoping for the young non-supertars-yet Odom and Brown to eventually reach their full potential) or
OPTION 2 (trading them for a superstar-now player trying to convince other FA's to sign for the Lakers starting from 2 superstars and building the team around them, and using the 2007/08 FA to complete a contender team)

I go with Option 2, he goes with Option 1. But i aint the one dissing him. It's just that he takes everything personal, even when i say i dont think Odom is an all-star material yet.

Anyway i'm tired of opening the Sports & Entertainment section of this forum and everytime there's a new post by Nik who just cant accept me having a different opinion. Like i said, i didnt kill your dog, homie. And i'm a Laker fan too. I'd rather get a superstar player now, and rebuild the team around him and Kobe. You prefeer to delevope Brown and Odom (good luck) into superstars. But we're both Laker fans, lol. Just with a different idea on the 2007/08 plan.

Antonio, you would seriously make this trade? Do you know what that means?

This means that Kobe would have to go back to being the initiator, which did not work last season and it ended up tiring him out and him being injured once again.

We would have either Cook or Slava as our starting PF  :nawty: :oi: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Yes Artest is a great player, great defender, can score, etc.

With Kobe on the wing, that means he can just concentrate on just scoring without having to worry about being the playmaker.

LO prefers to be the initiator rather than being the scorer. Phil is capitalizing on the way LO likes to play, which will benefit the Lakers in the long run.

Kwame at the minimum will be a serviceable PF and at best could be a 15/8 type player, maybe better. This is much better than a Cook/Slava platoon at PF.

I think the Lakers are much better off keeping things the way they are instead of blowing up their team, especially with only 2 weeks left until opening day.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2005, 04:04:14 PM »
The fact that you say Lamar Odom isn't all-star material yet when he's already proven so kills your whole argument...I don't know if you got this yet, but Option 2 has a lot more downsides to it than you think. You're acting like Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown are 2 no names, remember, Odom practically led the olympic team, he's considered a star player. And Kwame Brown has already proven himself to be an 11-8 guy with potential to be a WHOLE LOT more...You get what I'm saying?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2005, 04:05:13 PM »

This means that Kobe would have to go back to being the initiator, which did not work last season and it ended up tiring him out and him being injured once again.

We would have either Cook or Slava as our starting PF  :nawty: :oi: :puke: :puke: :puke:

With Kobe on the wing, that means he can just concentrate on just scoring without having to worry about being the playmaker.

LO prefers to be the initiator rather than being the scorer. Phil is capitalizing on the way LO likes to play, which will benefit the Lakers in the long run.

Kwame at the minimum will be a serviceable PF and at best could be a 15/8 type player, maybe better. This is much better than a Cook/Slava platoon at PF.

I think the Lakers are much better off keeping things the way they are instead of blowing up their team, especially with only 2 weeks left until opening day.

Thank God...Somebody else on this board has a brain.

acbaylove

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2005, 04:34:19 PM »

Why Kobe? Artest can do it. And Odom is "struggling", according to Phil. "He's struggling. He still has a ways to go and some recognition of what it takes. We're a long ways from saying you've got to throw the baby out with the bath water in this situation. We really think that the upside of our team is with him at that position. We could go back to Kobe playing that position, but that’s going to take a lot of leg out of him, put a lot of pressure on the rest of the team. This is a situation I think that we all look forward to trying to experiment with". Those are the last comments of Phil Jackson about Odom. And i remember you Odom is averaging 10 points in 6 exhibitions and has made only 15 of 43 shots (34.9%). He has a team-high 26 assists but also a team-high 20 turnovers. So he's still a working project, nothing sure. So we're starting from 0. So we could do it with another player too, let's say Artest (it's the first name i have in my mind right now). He can do the initiator too. Shit even Spree can. It's not that hard. Even Walton can.

No. I said in the first post (have you all read it?) that obviously Lakers had to trade somebody to get a better PF than.. nobody! Basically Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for a good PF. Let's say Magloire? Parker, Artest, Bryant, Mihm, Magloire. It sounds like a better team to me.

Put Artest in the place of Odom and it's the same, if not better. Ok, no mismatches and shit, but on the other side you have the best defender in the NBA and a guy who can go 1 on 1 against everybody, using his body probably better than Odom.

Once again compare him to Magloire (Butler+Atkins trade). Or to another good PF.

Obviously now it's too late. But Buss said something might happens soon... have you heard it?

rik

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2005, 07:42:29 PM »
Hell no Artest is a fukin idiot he is not goin to be in the league for long. Odom and Brown are really goin to shine under Phil Jackson.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2005, 12:09:09 AM »
Why Kobe? Artest can do it. And Odom is "struggling", according to Phil. "He's struggling. He still has a ways to go and some recognition of what it takes. We're a long ways from saying you've got to throw the baby out with the bath water in this situation. We really think that the upside of our team is with him at that position. We could go back to Kobe playing that position, but that’s going to take a lot of leg out of him, put a lot of pressure on the rest of the team. This is a situation I think that we all look forward to trying to experiment with". Those are the last comments of Phil Jackson about Odom. And i remember you Odom is averaging 10 points in 6 exhibitions and has made only 15 of 43 shots (34.9%). He has a team-high 26 assists but also a team-high 20 turnovers. So he's still a working project, nothing sure. So we're starting from 0. So we could do it with another player too, let's say Artest (it's the first name i have in my mind right now). He can do the initiator too. Shit even Spree can. It's not that hard. Even Walton can.

Artest the initiator? Walton the initiator? LMFAOOO...Now I know you're kidding. The only reason Odom was even considered for the initiator job was because of his tremendous ball handeling and passing skills for his large frame. Artest is a wing player himself, it would make no sense to use him as the initiator. Same with Sprewell. You might as well come up with a new offense...

No. I said in the first post (have you all read it?) that obviously Lakers had to trade somebody to get a better PF than.. nobody! Basically Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins for a good PF. Let's say Magloire? Parker, Artest, Bryant, Mihm, Magloire. It sounds like a better team to me.

Where would we get Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins back from? LMAO...We traded them for Kwame. Nice try, genius.

Put Artest in the place of Odom and it's the same, if not better. Ok, no mismatches and shit, but on the other side you have the best defender in the NBA and a guy who can go 1 on 1 against everybody, using his body probably better than Odom.

Artest would be a better initiator than Odom? Did a fuckin anvil drop on your head? Odom was drafted with expectations of being a Magic Johnson type player. Artest is not known for his passing and ball handeling like Odom is... :-X

Once again compare him to Magloire (Butler+Atkins trade). Or to another good PF.

Once again, we already traded Butler+Atkins for Kwame. And Butler+Atkins for Magloire would be a fuckin HORRIBLE trade anyways. Magloire has played his prime years and is nothing but a role player with 1 lucky past all-star appearance (which he stole from Odom). Trading Butler alone for him would be idiotic...

acbaylove

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2005, 05:07:32 AM »
Man i'm starting to believe you're really retard! I know we traded Butler and Atkins for Brown and Profit, fool. What i'm saying is that i didnt like that trade, and that instead of making that trade we could have traded them 2 players for a better big man, like Magloire. He doesnt have the same potential as Brown, probably, but he's an All-Star player ready to contribute now. Put P.J. Brown and - i dunno - Vlade Divac in the deal, to match salaries, and you have two big men ready to help Kobe now.

PARKER (McKie), BRYANT (Walton), ARTEST (George), PJ BROWN (Cook), MAGLOIRE (Mihm)

It looks like a better team than the actual one.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2005, 10:08:18 AM »
Man i'm starting to believe you're really retard! I know we traded Butler and Atkins for Brown and Profit, fool. What i'm saying is that i didnt like that trade, and that instead of making that trade we could have traded them 2 players for a better big man, like Magloire. He doesnt have the same potential as Brown, probably, but he's an All-Star player ready to contribute now. Put P.J. Brown and - i dunno - Vlade Divac in the deal, to match salaries, and you have two big men ready to help Kobe now.

PARKER (McKie), BRYANT (Walton), ARTEST (George), PJ BROWN (Cook), MAGLOIRE (Mihm)

It looks like a better team than the actual one.

LMAO. I'm the retard?...The point is, if we traded Chucky Atkins and Caron Butler for Kwame Brown, and we traded Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom for Ron Artest, we wouldn't have Chucky Atkins and Caron Butler to trade again, you FUCKING MORON...Please make sense.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2005, 10:23:18 AM »
V.S.

LMAO. Pretty much sums it all up.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

acbaylove

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2005, 10:31:59 AM »
Ok. That trade was not possible at all since there's no way in hell Indiana is trading Artest (unless it's for Kobe). Phil wants to use Odom as our point forward and he's looking forward at him, using him as our real additional weapon to make the difference. Phil and the whole organization trusted Kwame Brown so much to trade Butler and Atkins for him. Phil is comfortable with this roster and he aint asking for changes, even if Buss said he will probably move some players again. It's pointless to continue to argue about possible different scenarios, expecially Artest to L.A., which is impossible. Odom and Brown have the potential to turn into superstar players. But it's a long run, and it's really risky for us. They can continue being normal/good players like they are now or change their level into superstars level. It's up to them. And to Phil Jackson. I think it's time to stop beefing over that. I personally think it was better to trade them for a better solid player (Artest, Lewis, etc..) and/or not to trade Butler and Atkins to get Kwame. But they did it and i'm down with it. I'll judge the plan in june. Peace.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »
V.S.

LMAO. Pretty much sums it all up.

Lets sum it up a little better...

vs.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 10:48:10 AM by Now_Im_Blowed »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2005, 10:52:13 AM »
Ok. That trade was not possible at all since there's no way in hell Indiana is trading Artest (unless it's for Kobe). Phil wants to use Odom as our point forward and he's looking forward at him, using him as our real additional weapon to make the difference. Phil and the whole organization trusted Kwame Brown so much to trade Butler and Atkins for him. Phil is comfortable with this roster and he aint asking for changes, even if Buss said he will probably move some players again. It's pointless to continue to argue about possible different scenarios, expecially Artest to L.A., which is impossible. Odom and Brown have the potential to turn into superstar players. But it's a long run, and it's really risky for us. They can continue being normal/good players like they are now or change their level into superstars level. It's up to them. And to Phil Jackson. I think it's time to stop beefing over that. I personally think it was better to trade them for a better solid player (Artest, Lewis, etc..) and/or not to trade Butler and Atkins to get Kwame. But they did it and i'm down with it. I'll judge the plan in june. Peace.

Lewis? LMAO...Rashard Lewis? I hope you didn't just imply that trading Odom & Kwame for Lewis would be good...Odom right now > Lewis right now. Odom's potential >>>>>>>>>>>>> Lewis' potential.

acbaylove

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2005, 10:54:56 AM »
Ok man. Kobe=Jordan. Odom=Pippen. Brown=Rodman. Those Lakers=them Bulls.
Are you happy now? ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2005, 11:08:20 AM »
Ok man. Kobe=Jordan. Odom=Pippen. Brown=Rodman. Those Lakers=them Bulls.
Are you happy now? ;D

Did I ever say that? LOL. Do you realize you sound IDENTICLE to every Laker hater who ever posted here... :-X