Author Topic: 10/24...The Inc. Trial Starts, Evidence Detailed, More Shocking Hip-Hop Connecti  (Read 245 times)

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
As the money laundering and racketeering trial gets underway today (Oct. 24) against The Inc. (formerly Murder Inc.) and the Gotti brothers (Irv and Chris Lorenzo); the federal government recently provided alleged money laundering evidence against the defendants.

Ethan Brown, writer of new book "Queens Reigns Supreme: Fat Cat, 50 Cent, and the Rise of the Hip-Hop Hustler," will cover the trial for AllHipHop.com and explain the case in detail to readers.

Here is some of the evidence the government plans to use against The Inc:

Skytel pager records and copies of checks ranging from $38,000 to $100,000 from Full Circle Entertainment and prison phone records from Kenneth “Supreme” McGriff.

Records from the Westin Swissotel Atlanta for John Simms (an alias for Kenneth “Supreme” McGriff.

Statements of Accounts from HSBC Bank from 10/1/02-10/31/02 and 11/30/02-12/31/02 for John Bryant.

Records from the Ritz Carlton for Leslie Pridgen.

Judgment and conviction for Kenneth McGriff dated 11/29/88 of operating a Continuing Criminal Enterprise (CCE). McGriff was sentenced to 12 years.

The US attorney’s office in Brooklyn conducted a two-year investigation into The Inc., assessing the extent of the links between the label and convicted drug lord Kenneth ‘Supreme’ McGriff.

In 2003 raided the Manhattan offices of the label seeking evidence to solidify their case.

Shortly thereafter, McGriff, who is being tried separately from Irv, was charged with the retalitory murder of Eric “E Money Bags” Smith and various drug and weapons charges. Feds say Smith was gunned down for the murder of Colbert "Black Just" Johnson.

Federal prosecutors continue to maintain that The Inc. was founded by McGriff using drug proceeds.

McGriff allegedly provided proceeds from drug trafficking in New York and Maryland as "start-up money" for the powerhouse music label, which is home to Ja Rule and Grammy Award winner Ashanti.

Irv Gotti has previously denied any wrongdoing and said that Murder Inc. was founded using $2 million dollars in seed money from Def Jam.

If convicted, McGriff, who also faces murder charges, could receive the death penalty.

The Inc. CEO Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo and his brother Christopher pleaded not guilty in January to money laundering charges.

Brown’s book is causing a firestorm, offering a glimpse into the drug dealing underworld that has ensnared The Inc., and affected the careers of various rappers.

Additionally, the book reveals the name of the gunman who allegedly shot 50 Cent in 2000.

Brown’s book claims that Darryl "Hommo" Baum, a stickup artist from Brooklyn, was the person behind 50 Cent’s shooting.

While 50 Cent himself has offered a number of possible suspects, in the song “Many Men,” 50 Cent references Baum’s murder.

Almost shot me, three weeks later he got shot down/Now it’s clear that I’m here, for a real reason/ ’cause he got hit like I got hit, but he ain’t f***ing breathing

Baum was allegedly gunned down by Lil’ Kim’s ex-boyfriend Damion “World” Hardy and his notorious Cash Money Brothers crew.

Hardy was hit with federal RICO charges in July, alleging that he was the head of the murderous Brooklyn gang that operated out of Bedford Stuyvesant, New York.

The area has produced some of hip-hop's most legendary rappers, including Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Big Daddy Kane, Fab 5 Freddy producer Easy Mo Bee and others.

Baum’s murder is one of several murders that Hardy and other CMB have been charged with.

Authorities also investigated Hardy’s involvement in a September 2003 shooting at the Doubletree Hotel in Jersey City, where 50 Cent and entourage were staying.

50 Cent had made disparaging remarks about Lil’ Kim on Funkmaster Flex’s Hot 97 show and hours later shots were reportedly fired at the rapper and his entourage.

Police later charged a man associated with 50 Cent in the shooting.

The intertwining nature of the Queens drug culture and the music business is detailed in “Queens Reigns Supreme: Fat Cat, 50 Cent, and the Rise of the Hip-Hop Hustler.”

The book hits stores Nov. 22. The author, Ethan Brown, will provide documents and explanations to AllHipHop.com during the The Inc.’s federal money laundering and racketeering trial.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
good read...props on the article cuzzz 8)

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

GangstaBoogy

If convicted, McGriff, who also faces murder charges, could receive the death penalty.

:o FREE PREME
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Are you serious???This fucker has murdered numerous people,I hope he gets the death penalty.

ABN

^Are you serious???This fucker has murdered numerous people,I hope he gets the death penalty.
in fact he´s prolly never killed anyone as far as shooting them or anything like that. he always had other people doin the actual killing but he´s destroyed a lot of families and individuals by selling every drug there is and that´s a lot worse then shooting someone coz the crack he helped introduce to NY on a huge scale has destroyed a couple of generations so fuck him. and btw i don´t think B.G. was serious but still fuck Supreme,Prince,Cat and the rest of them and may they burn in hell(if hell actually exists).

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^Yeah I know that but either way he's responsible for their death.Like I already said,I hope he gets the death penalty.

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
good read.

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
The Inc. Trial Delayed Until Mid-November
By Ethan Brown - Special To AllHipHop.com
Date: 10/24/2005 9:59 pm

The trial of Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo and his brother Christopher on federal money laundering charges has been postponed until mid-November because of last-minute filings by the government in the case.

Jury selection has begun, however, and at U.S. District Court in downtown Brooklyn on Monday (Oct. 24) the Lorenzo brothers sat with their attorneys Gerald Shargel and Gerald Lefcourt to watch the process unfold.

It was a mostly uneventful morning, but soon after the proceedings began a tense moment occurred when assistant U.S. attorney Carolyn Pokorny introduced IRS agent Francis Mace to the judge and potential jurors.

Investigator Mace provided the most explosive filings and potentially damaging information in The Inc case.

His findings and affidavits submitted allege that Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff is the "true owner" of The Inc. (formerly Murder Inc) and that McGriff and the Lorenzo brothers put rival 50 Cent under surveillance.

The dozens of prospective jurors were subjected to questioning about their own backgrounds as well as their specific knowledge of The Inc case.

Unsurprisingly, several jurors indicated that they recognized Irv Lorenzo from magazine articles and television programs.

One juror even revealed that he had met Lorenzo once.

The Gotti Brothers new trial date has been set for Nov. 14.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4978

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
Fuck the law cuz it only works for them who maded it. only criminals who need to get death penalty is the whole government...cuz they fucked.. I bet if this guy would get something to eat and not just hardlife he wouldnt do this shit.. but hey we will never know...    ;)

FREE PREME!!!!! 8) 8)

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...

GangstaBoogy

;D

break out the FREE PREME black t's

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
NO MORE WAR