Author Topic: Interesting: Outkast's B.O.B inspired by Megadeth's Hangar 18  (Read 132 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Interesting: Outkast's B.O.B inspired by Megadeth's Hangar 18
« on: October 24, 2005, 10:15:03 PM »
i'm sitting in the waiting room with my baby's mother for one of her check up's and i'm reading this article from some magazine i've never heard of "Music Weekly" and it's about how Outkast's Bombs over Baghdad was inspired by Megadeth's hangar 18

basically dre and big boi said that they're huge fans of megadeth  and were listening to hangar 18 and the begining drum line inspired the drum line for bob and Marty Friedman's eastern solo and dave's rapid fire solo inspired the solo in BOB and some of the rythms

now i know it's not all THAT odd for hip hop to use heavy metal for inspiration

but i just found it odd how funky and  loose BOB came out considering a lot of the melodies  and rythms came from such a mecahnical and tightly grooved metal song.....at first listen, there's no way of seeing any simularity but at a closer listen you can tell what they used from the song....it's quite entertaining....i woulda thought that that song was inpired more by Funkadelic than anything

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J Bananas

Re: Interesting: Outkast's B.O.B inspired by Megadeth's Hangar 18
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 10:16:35 PM »
so would you say you're an avid fan of reservoir dogs?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:22:32 PM »
ya, awesome movie

Knoshen

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • bitches=WE$T COA$T- J Bananas-El trauma =Bitch
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 12:09:31 AM »
i'm sitting in the waiting room with my baby's mother for one of her check up's and i'm reading this article from some magazine i've never heard of "Music Weekly" and it's about how Outkast's Bombs over Baghdad was inspired by Megadeth's hangar 18

basically dre and big boi said that they're huge fans of megadeth  and were listening to hangar 18 and the begining drum line inspired the drum line for bob and Marty Friedman's eastern solo and dave's rapid fire solo inspired the solo in BOB and some of the rythms

but i just found it odd how funky and  loose BOB came out considering a lot of the melodies  and rythms came from such a mecahnical and tightly grooved metal song.....at first listen, there's no way of seeing any simularity but at a closer listen you can tell what they used from the song....it's quite entertaining....i woulda thought that that song was inpired more by Funkadelic than anything
I would of never know, haha i met dave mustaine the singer, and he was one of the biggest arrogant pricks i have ever met

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 09:56:52 AM »

I would of never know, haha i met dave mustaine the singer, and he was one of the biggest arrogant pricks i have ever met

yeah dave's an asshole, after dimebag darrell died he said "i'm going to try to live my life more like darrell , i'm going to try to drop all beefs i've had with other bands like slayer and metallica and move on possitively" then like the next week he's all calling out Lars and James again for kicking him out of metallica like 25  years ago and dissing Kerry King in some interview....lol

Diabolical

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 10:09:26 AM »
Yeah he is an asshole.
He did write some great songs though.

Off topic: I can play Hanger 18.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 10:17:30 AM »
^me too

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 12:27:37 PM »
I can't. I don't even own a guitar.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 09:59:46 AM »
B.O.B.  is a phattt song

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8