Author Topic: 50 says he stopped Dre from working on Game's album  (Read 671 times)

Mr. Humonculous

50 Cent Says Dre's Not Working With Game, Paramount Pulls Ads
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2005, 09:52:06 AM »
50 Cent Says Dre's Not Working With Game, Paramount Pulls Ads
By Remmie Fresh

50 Cent reiterated earlier this week that super producer Dr. Dre will not be collaborating with The Game on The Doctor’s Advocate, the Compton neophyte’s second album.

In an interview with Miss Jones and the Hot 97 morning show, 50 Cent drastically countered claims by The Game, who has already started on his sophomore effort.

“He [Dr. Dre] knows what the kid [The Game] just did and that’s it. I’m not working on [The Game’s new album] and he’s not working on it,” said 50 Cent. “He’s just got to go in and make good records. Of course, he’ll probably name [his album The Doctor’s Advocate] to make people think [Dre] is involved.”

The Game has already contradicted 50’s claims when discussing The Doctor’s Advocate.

"It's the same format at The Documentary. If it aint broke don't fix it," Game told AllHipHop.com. "I am still with Dre and I'm working with some of the best producers.”

Despite his rival’s contention, 50 Cent said that his personal conversations Dr. Dre, his history with The Game and his contributions to The Documentary project were reason enough not to work with the Compton rapper.

“I’ve had communications with Dre since [he appeared on the BBC radio]. My reason for saying it is…nobody can take anything away from Dre. We don’t have any issues,” 50 said. “See, Dre knows exactly how much I did for Game’s project. I wrote six songs on his album. Three of them are his first three singles and I was on the records to make people listen to them.”

Game vehemently denied that 50 Cent wrote six songs, but maintained that they did collaborate creatively.

“We got an understanding. Everything is good,” 50 said.

In related news, Paramount has removed posters advertising 50 Cent’s new movie “Get Rich or Die Tryin’,” that featured the rapper brandishing two handguns.

The posters drew the wrath of various community groups in Los Angeles, California, who said the posters were insensitive due to the rise in gun violence in urban communities.

allhiphop

EAsideST

• Lil Geezy
Re: 50 says he stopped Dre from working on Game's album
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2005, 11:05:08 AM »
Personally, I do think Dre's in the twilight of his days as far as being an artist. He's probably good for more solo, which I doubt will do the chronic or chronic 2001 numbers. So I wouldnt be super suprised if Interscope was looking at 50 and gunit records as the next big money maker. However 50 is a fad, and everything he has is directly attached to his name. So the second its over for 50.. its over for every business venture, gunit records, his crew everyone will be done. It seems funny to me about 50 bossing people around though cause I thought the chain went some thing like:

Dre owns Aftermath records, .. which owns...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Eminem + Shady Records.. which owns.....
   50 Cent + Gunit Records

So how can 50 tell dre anything? Dre owns everything
haha

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2005, 11:09:27 AM »
Personally, I do think Dre's in the twilight of his days as far as being an artist. He's probably good for more solo, which I doubt will do the chronic or chronic 2001 numbers. So I wouldnt be super suprised if Interscope was looking at 50 and gunit records as the next big money maker. However 50 is a fad, and everything he has is directly attached to his name. So the second its over for 50.. its over for every business venture, gunit records, his crew everyone will be done. It seems funny to me about 50 bossing people around though cause I thought the chain went some thing like:

Dre owns Aftermath records, .. which owns...
   Eminem + Shady Records.. which owns.....
   50 Cent + Gunit Records

So how can 50 tell dre anything? Dre owns everything
haha

Dr. Dre and Aftermath Entertainment have nothing to do with Shady Records and G-Unit Records apart from Eminem and 50 Cent being signed. I don't know why so many people think this.

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2005, 12:05:59 PM »
there's no way 50 has more clout at interscope than dre.....aftermath saved interscope....and thats before any1 even knew who 50 cent was

peace

Death Row saved Interscope. Aftermath just made Iovine richer than his wildest dreams.
Death Row made Interscope and after that Aftermath saved it from fading away like Death Row did.
no it did not by that time they already had many other artist  ;)